Sunday - going for a week of peace!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Re: Sunday - going for a week of peace!

Postby lucylee » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:25 am

That IS true, Kathryn... but I doubt she is eating well -- yes, a balanced meal is provided for her 3x a day, but she claims the food is not good, and she is losing weight. Not that she minds losing SOME weight -- although at 145-50 pounds, 5'7" tall, she was NOT overweight by any means. But she was in the 130s, fully-clothed at the pulmonologist's office last week, and she says her pants are getting noticeably looser on her.
But yes... a regular schedule, regular timed meds, meals, etc... that is all very important for her. And seeing people every day... very important...

But OTOH -- she HATES it. HATES it. Says she is ONLY there for MY peace of mind, I have to learn that I can not control everything -- and she is REALLY bristling at the fact that I am trying to -- and she feels like I am keeping her prisoner. I know everyone's parents go through this when the time comes for ass't living, but keep in mind -- the day she fell, she had driven herself to a doctor's appt 30 miles away (and she drove back AFTER the fall)... she was driving herself to church, to my house for dgd's party, doing her own grocery shopping... she was FINE. And then she rushed into the doctor's office without her walker, b/c "it was too cold to take time for it" and BAM. Plus we learned her shoes were coming apart at the soles and probably contributed to the fall. :roll: (The ENT did not find as much inner ear problem as he expected, btw.)
I know it sounds like I am making excuses, but she WAS doing very well... so I can hardly justify not giving her a chance to do well again.
* SIGH *
I just hate it. Hate it. Hate it. I hate having to worry about my mother all the time. My mother is supposed to worry about ME. SHE is supposed to be the one who knows everything and takes care of everything, and I do NOT like this new situation.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”