Sunday - going for a week of peace!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Sunday - going for a week of peace!

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:12 am

Happy Sunday to each and everyone of you!
You really a group of amazing individuals that should be so proud of whom you are!

Even when life is busy and in worry, where can you find time for peace for yourself this week.

Is it taking a minute to breath. Refill your grace! no perfection.

Can you try to not look at the big picture (anxiety makes us look at things bigger than they are). but the baby step you can do. Anxiety comes when you look at everything at once. You deserve better! you can do it!

What is the good in a moment?

Do you have your calendar - Plan for peaceful moments!

are you looking to see what's ahead. do you have an idea where you should be each day - a basic weekly plan. (no perfection)

Are you able to do keep up on SOME things - not everything. Even on the craziest of days can you make sure to do your dishes, a load of laundry, feed urself. (not perfect)

Make a plan ahead to give yourself even 5 minutes of peace in the morning noon and night. What can you do to be good for you.

I am wishing you all peace and grace in your day.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Re: Sunday - going for a week of peace!

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:18 pm

Good morning.

I am working hard to keep myself moving towards the holidays (yep I am behind but if most things don't get done...it will be okay)

I have all but 2 Europe Christmas cards written and sent.
I am on the letter F in file for writing cards and sending them out.
I need to finish dd older.
I need to do decorating. :D

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:56 pm

Good morning, villagers ~
Thank you for opening the thread today, blessedw2.

Checking in from the past couple of days:
Friday I met DMom and younger DSis over at oldest DSis's nursing home and we had a little Christmas party for her. I took fudge and younger DSis brought cookies and a carton of eggnog. The nursing home's Christmas party was scheduled for lunch yesterday, but both younger DSis and I had to work at that time. Actually, this turned out much better, just a little quiet party so we could chat and catch up news. DNephew and his new girlfriend attended the official party yesterday so oldest DSis was not alone there.

On my way home Friday I drove through the town that has my favorite fabric shop, so I popped in there to say hello. Usually it's a Sunday when I go to visit oldest DSis, and the fabric store is locally owned so it is not open on Sundays. It was a treat to make a quick stop on a weekday. I didn't get to see either of the owners, but had a nice chat with their employee. I was hoping to find a medium weight fabric to sew a cardigan but I didn't see a color that would coordinate with any of my tops except for black. I don't want black. I did find in the clearance section a pretty floral thin Tshirt knit fabric, so I bought some of that. It's really a spring/summer weight fabric -- and the way my sewing is going, it might take me until summer to make anything from it!

Yesterday at work business was steady and I had plenty to do. Afterward, DH took me out to what we call "lupper" -- lunch and supper combined. 3PM is not normally a busy time at the diner. However, yesterday we happened to go in and sit in a booth just moments before a whole sports team with parents came in. Our waitress did a good job of getting our orders in before that whole crowd. The place was noisy, but the teenagers' enthusiasm was energizing rather than annoying, so it was all good.

Last night I did a few chores but mostly knitted and watched videos. I've rediscovered episodes of the Time Team archeology series from Great Britain. Fascinating history.

Today's 5x5:
dishes
laundry
wrap gift for boss (Christmas lunch Tuesday)
clear out a messy corner of the kitchen
dig my winter sweaters out of storage (finally!)

At home the only decorating I've done so far is to set out holiday dish towels. We have so many trees, knickknacks, and strings of lights at the library that I don't really miss having Christmas decorations at home, so it hasn't been worth the time to pull boxes out of storage. DH doesn't care either way. Ooo I just remembered a little box of twinkle lights that I ran into the other day ... I think I'll put those around my desk. Where did I put that box? Wait -- did I actually put it in the Christmas closet where it belongs? :?

Must go start a load of laundry. BBL.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:22 pm

d book good morning!

how nice to have the Christmas party together!
glad you had a chance to stop by fabric store!
also that you had a nice Lupper :D :D :D

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:23 pm

more laundry dancing with the machines.
took my meds
dd older ordered groceries to be delivered.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:42 pm

I didn't even get up until 10 a.m. this a.m. Dh had mostly done the dinner clean up, and I've finished it and done a lot of a.m. routine.

We are going to an art studio for an open house this afternoon, someone that dh used to work with a long long time ago. If the kids want supper with us tonight we'll go out. We're done with cooking for the weekend. :lol:

Dinner last night was wonderful, dh and I both ate too much. Yesterday I posted a link to the dessert last night - it was good. it tasted coconutty, but was good enough. More in the freezer for when we go to the cabin with these guys; I'll wrap and bag them individually. The mushroom bourguignon was excellent over the steak and was a nice vegan meal for her over latkes. The recipe suggests serving over mashed potatoes, pasta or farro. I might add some barley or beans to it for a soupy lunch this week. That recipe is here: https://simple-veganista.com/mushroom-bourguignon_10/

Need some planning for the week...last one before Christmas, I always have things I want to do for people.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:19 pm

Home from church and lunch with friends/family. Only one more event today and then I can relax a bit. We have 30 minutes at home before going to DS10 and DGD7 very first piano recital.

The Children Christmas play went surprisingly smooth this morning. It is always a bit dicey when doing a play with live animals and kids. There were 3 of us dressing the children in costumes before the play. We set up an assembly system of dressing the children and it went fairly smoothly. I was the one at the end of the assembly line putting headgear and belts on the children. Then my responsibility shifted to directing the shepherds and goats (including the dog that always stays with the goats).

I stopped by DMom's house and she was doing fantastic. She had invited a cousin & DBro to eat lunch and she was finishing up the prep for that. I am thankful to see her doing so well. It changes from day to day. This is one of her better days.

Need some planning for the week...last one before Christmas, I always have things I want to do for people.

I do wish I could get ahead of things. I am in reaction mode instead of planning mode. Today at lunch I got a gift card to give to DS10 piano teacher. An entire TWO HOURS before we needed the gift. >>>groan<<< It seems that if it isn't on fire or about to be on fire then I am not accomplishing it. Doing things like preparing & mailing cards is only a dream for me. I haven't even put up the Christmas tree yet......*sigh* But I guess that's okay because I don't have any gifts wrapped to put underneath it. Which comes first? The tree or the gifts?
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:09 pm

I am so suspicious of you guys... ... are you sure you aren't all saying nice things to make me feel better about being behind? :)

If it's not on fire, I may not have time to deal with it. Yes, I get that.

Ddil (who is hosting our get-together Sunday) says that with our wonderful Thanksgiving documented photographically, she is done with that kind of meal. She's ordering pizza and making one big salad, and is planning on having absolutely nothing for me to do. Dd38 says great idea.

Cards first, then clear tables.
Wrapping next, then clear tables.
If there's any more time, I may try to finish a couple handmade gifts, but no pressure.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:44 pm

We are home from village church, lunch, mailing the cards.

It was good to be back in church. But it is clear we need to make the break from the church. Neither of us liked the vibe we got. It is dying and it feels obvious to me. They are short money for this year, a good chunk of money. Then again, we only had money to get through to Jan 2020 as of Jan 2018 so this shouldn't be a surprise. They won't face closure (they need to plan for it but refuse to) but I really feel I need to step away. It is irresponsible for us to remain since I have no interest in attending there.

This was the only time this season we could attend church. This is only the second time I've got to church since November 4. And that was to the city church. I haven't been to the village church to sit in the pews since May or maybe the first Sunday in June. Second Sunday I led service as I did in August and September. I attended the city church some weeks in there. I feel happier going there by myself.

Dh had hopefully brought our passports since the church is almost halfway to the border. I agreed to seriously consider it after doing an analysis of the costs. But the US post office wasn't going to be open so that eliminated the reason to go.

So we had lunch at Tim Horton's and then mailed the items here. Of course, the postal pickup here won't be until 5 p.m. tomorrow. Sigh.... No way even the local cards are likely to be delivered in time and since they contain the invitations to the Boxing Day party that means they were all wasted cards sent. I'll have to do the invitations by email. Postage this year was over $150 and no-one will receive their cards before December 25. Let alone open them. We really need to rethink this whole thing. We sent 90 cards and will receive maybe 25 back. There's the time, money, environmental cost and mental cost. This tends to fail on all accounts.

I'm on the treadmill now because I need 5K steps to make my goal for the week. That's going to be 2 miles and I'm 1.1 miles in so far.

I picked up Smarties so I can make the toffee recipe. They are made in a peanut free facility so that means I can serve them to ds's girlfriend. I hope to get that done this afternoon along with finishing the decorating and putting away the bins in the locker downstairs.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:09 pm

The piano recital went well. DS10 paused for a second to do his eye squeezing tic while playing his song on the piano but I don't think it was noticeable. I am thrilled for DS10 and DGD7. They did well.

DH has agreed to open up the church clothes closet for an emergency situation. A mother and her 2 children left an abusive home situation and drove through the night to arrive at the grandmothers home. They arrived with nothing other than the clothes on their backs. I'll go help them locate the racks of clothes for their sizes.

I think I needed to be reminded of how easy my life is. Everything I do seems so incredibly simple when compared to what this Mom is dealing with.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”