Monday Monday - So Good to Me

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Monday Monday - So Good to Me

Postby Nancy » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:48 pm

Harriet can you wrap with fabric and ribbon?
I have gotten fabric draw string gift bags back that I used in previous years.
I got the rub off the loom and have started tiring the fringe.
Sun just came out.
Waving to all.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:02 pm

My dh's actual birthday is currently up in the air. We are still formulating the plans around 30, 31, and 1. We received an invitation to a party on the 29th and gave a tentative yes. Although it depends also on how my brain handles Christmas and Boxing Day.

I got the laundry room 'slipshod deep cleaned' (I could have done more but still did what I could under the washer and dryer and behind those plus the fridge.) I did not hand scrub.

I have an 'under appliances' vacuum attachment that doesn't fit the Miele. Today I found a 'tube' from some roll of paper (probably wallpaper roll because it is larger diameter and very sturdy) and it forms a sleeve I can put the attachment and the vacuum cleaner wand into and the fit is tight enough that the device works. So I did under the washer, dryer, stove, fridge grills and between some items as well.

Then I vacuumed and mopped the kitchen floor.

I'm exhausted.

Harriet made a comment on our 'product reviews' here.

I'm adding my spin mop comments. I love it because it is great for light, light, mopping of the kitchen floor and 'dusting' of my hardwood. Especially on the hardwood since the mop isn't wet enough to do damage and my wood is stained dark so the dusting is great.

It is lousy at getting up any real dirt though. There is no scrubbing capability. I do put a large pot scrubber under the mop to get at sticky spots, but you also cannot put 'elbow grease' into the mopping because the mop will flip over. It will also not mop rough surfaces, like my vinyl stress mats, because it catches and flips, and even my tile floor has crevices that are enough to flip it.

Despite its flipping, if you ask it flip in order to do go between a tight space or along baseboards, it won't.

So my review is a "do not buy" unless you have a better mop for deeper cleaning. Which is the same as Harmony gave a few weeks ago. Dh had never used it before I was sick and mopped once while I was sick. When I was griping about the flipping today he agreed. He had thought he was using it wrong.

Harmony also isn't in love with her Miele vacuum. I bought the same one as her, taking her cautions into consideration. Part of the reason I like it more than she does is my previous canister vacuum was a tank and weighed so much it was hard to use. And it didn't have storage for attachments. So this one is much better than my old one. As well, the wand is extends easily so I have it pretty long right now which means I don't have to bend to vacuum and was able to use the vacuum (if dh moved it from the broom closet to where I needed it) even when my back was sore.

I'm taking a break now. I should be on the treadmill but the 300 steps I did while vacuuming and mopping and deep cleaning, exhausted me. I will try and get on it later today because right now I need 4K more steps (and the only way to get that sort of number is treadmill or walk and I'm afraid to walk outside right now because it is icy.)

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:11 pm

Good morning everyone! It was an extremely busy weekend! Friday was a long dinner with friends I had not seen in a while. Saturday was cat clinic in our new set up, where we got an application for my foster Chelsea. Loki continues to be happy in his new foster house with canine rather than feline companions. By day two he was rubbing up on them. Briggs met Alfie, who will probably be coming to my house and, despite being in a high stress environment, they just looked at each other with mild curiosity. The clinic coordinator's car wouldn't start afterward and she was getting rather panicky. Her husband has recently begun dementia symptoms (may be temporary due to meds) and usually deals with such things. Fortunately, a jump start from Elizabeth's Own Roadside Rescue solved the problem.

DD16 and I made church Sunday, but she decided to return to the x's because her computer was acting up and I had to co-host an animal org volunteer party. Her finals are Wednesday, then she is off until January. We finally remembered to get the invitation to the post-Christmas dinner to her friend. I got the food and did the co-hosting of the party, then took myself out to eat. I needed a break! Then I found out the xBFF had a mutual friend from out of town over, but only for two nights. So, instead of being able to relax, I went there. It was beautifully free of the x and the other woman. Knowing I hate red wine, xBFF wanted to open a bottle of white just for me. Not a good idea, because unlike the others, I had to drive home! On realizing that the same thing would happen at her party next week, she suggested that since I live so close to them, I should get a ride with the x and the other woman! I channeled my best Aunt Inez and said, "They are not people I wish to see much of", as icily as possible. I did manage to refrain from adding "and suggestions like that are why I don't see as much of YOU as I used to!" It was going so well before that. Why can't she accept that I am not friends with them, never will be, and don't want to be? I deserve better friends that that.

Tonight is dance class, without any performance pressure. LOLs must get done, along with some Christmas crochet and houseguest clean up.

The old versions of the query did not have the info I needed at payroll. Bummer.

I suggest that Sunny leave bags of palm fronds right in front of the neighbor's front door with a note saying, "I found these things that belong to you."

Harriet should not worry about not having gift bags. They are boring and lazy. Wrapping is much more fun, even if you just use newspaper or copy paper!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:14 pm

Dfriend M and I went to dd's apartment and weighed in: the dresser now residing in my garage will fit in her room. So hopefully this weekend I can get dh and ds to move it for me. Yes! Now I can work on the rest of the stuff around it, knowing that it will be gone. While out I also went through a car wash and had the car washed, then spent some time vacuuming, dusting and cleaning car windows. It feels sparkly clean now. When i got home it was so nice out that I sat outside with Muffin for awhile, then remembered I didn't have sunscreen on my arms - and a med I take now makes me more susceptible to sun damage. I would have let her stay outside but she wanted to come in with me.

Now I feel lazy.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:43 pm

I need to figure out what I need to get done the rest of the day and shake off this afternoon slump. I have only 3200 steps so far.

-walk enough to have 8K at end of day
-work on garage clean up
-figure out what day to take dcousin to see dmom for lunch
-send email to dfriend whose dh just died, re: lunch, this or next week?
-set up printer in office upstairs and see if it works
-call and set up a dermatologist appt after first of year for skin ck

So going to start at :15 before the hour and work to BOTH on above list.

Sorry, I started at TOTH and will work to :15 before the hour.....
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:51 pm

hi. I wish I had more time here.
I purchased the garbage can and got home and there is a dent on the side. I will have to return it tomorrow. dd younger will drive so all I have to do is bring it in.
instead I had to order it.
finished nephews - need to wrap it.
finished (I think dd older). picked up some kitchen tools she is needing.

I have a friend who always buys me a present even though I tell her not to. (so I better be prepared. I am thinking a costco gift card.

waving at you.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:52 pm

SHEM:
“One good thing about procrastination is that you always have something planned for tomorrow.”
- GB Stern

I can't believe how productive that was.

-walk enough to have 8K at end of day Will start walking at 5 with dog
-work on garage clean up did about 15 min of clean up
-figure out what day to take dcousin to see dmom for lunch Sent Facebook message re: Wed
-send email to dfriend whose dh just died, re: lunch, this or next week? Sent email
-set up printer in office upstairs and see if it works works, but needs new printer cartridge which is $28 - I ordered hoping it will work! This is the printer we sent away with dd for her first year of college. ;)
-call and set up a dermatologist appt after first of year for skin ck Appt for 8 Jan

At five, I'll start walking with dog, then do several laps with out her.

Ah, it looks like I didn't need the SHEM.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:10 pm

oh my gosh i love that d twins.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:13 pm

waving at you d twins, d harriet, d nancy, d elizabeth, d sunny, d lucy, d kathryn, d Helia, d rose, d dee, d harmony, d everyone here and out in SHE land.
going to take a break.

dh put away the clean dishes out of the dw. no one asking him. yay.
I am beginning to wonder how I used to do. I am tired. I still have to do my routines. also laundry routine and put away.
I went to the post office and the box was full (they said they had just emptied it - I think of the sales people and the post office people and those that look out for our safety esp. at this time of the year.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:35 pm

Today has been a busy day so far.

DGD7 woke up and said she felt great. However, her eye was still swollen so DD decided to keep her home from school. DD came this morning and took DGD7 to her home. That meant DGD7 spent the day alone while DD slept.

DS10 and I did 4.5 hours of homeschool today. It was a typical Monday having to struggle to get DS10 to focus. Sometimes I pause to think back how hard homeschool was the first couple of years. Now I have a system in place that kicks in and takes care of most problems. I still struggle in some areas but it is 1000% easier than it used to be.

Last night I woke up several times because of coughing. I have been coughing all day. Cough drops help but has to be repeated frequently. I'll be glad when this phase of the cold is over.

This afternoon I made a huge pot of salsa (Mulitple kinds of tomatoes, multiple kinds of peppers, onions, and garlic). It has been a while since I made salsa and I really miss having it on hand. I like to have 6oz of it a day with one of my meals. It is an easy vegetable dish to serve.

DS10 has a friend here playing. It is a beautiful day outside so they are spending most of their time outside.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”