Tuesday Turn the Tables

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Tuesday Turn the Tables

Postby Harriet » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:57 am

It's Tuesday! Do you know where your table surfaces are?

Are there clear spaces to write, to study, to prepare, to dine, to chat over, to set down a cup of something?

Or are there... ... hot spots of dreaded clutter? (GASP) Do you need to turn the tables on some clutter, because you're pretty sure you paid good money for a lovely surface, and it's under there somewhere?

Do you need to find the Lemon Pledge? Maybe your coasters have been coasting along for years and need reinforcements. Does that artificial flower arrangement start looking a little dusty or bedraggled?

Have you fluffed your doilies? Is your runner slowing down? Is there a table that is just not working up to its potential, and maybe deserves a re-think?

Do you need to turn the tables?

Harriet

Re: Tuesday Turn the Tables

Postby Harriet » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:19 am

Several of us were wondering where tables had disappeared yesterday. Since then I've rediscovered (most of) my dining table, which is the most help because it's our largest, but another helpful one is even more cluttered after the delivery man cometh.

I need to Turn the Tables on the calendar, which is suggesting I'm behind. No worries! I'm very good at speed on the homestretch. :)

Early today I'll be preparing for workmen to tromp through as well. I have a "next most important thing" 3x5 card helping me with that.

And my ace in the hole is the strong 20-year-old getting a good night's sleep still in her room. I have a honey-do list for her! ;)

Dd20 made the Chancellor's List this semester (all "A"s) even with 5 and 1/2 courses on her plate, one of them a 4-credit (hardest) computer science course in which she got a 95, plus having a job. That semester was finished up yesterday and now she's breathing. It will be hard to say, "but what have you done for me lately?" and hand her a list, but Mom is just the one who can do it.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:17 am

:) Great start, Harriet!
Hope you all have a good day!
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:33 am

how wonderful for your dd d Harriet.

hello d lucy and d harriet and d all.
heading to ww even if I have gained weight. it's okay - it's a life style right ;) keep on swimming
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:50 am

Slept well till about 11. :( Then I slept again from about 1:30. Was up at 7 & took my thyroid med and got up after dh did around 8:30. Now I'm "raring" to go -NOT. I do have to go down the road a few miles and get 'special' Christmas cards. I'm sure we'll be mailing out packages tomorrow with cookies & all my gifts (mostly checks at this point in time). Have an old Hess firetruck for DS-A but think I'll wait and give it to him for his birthday in July. Cheaper to carry it than mail it for sure. I did order a certificate for DS-A's family yesterday to the Genesee Country Village & Museum. They love going there and dgs6 loves being able to go to the day camps there in the summer.

We got a package in the mail yesterday from DGS6 -mugs for dd and us. Unfortunately ours was broken. Also had pictures of DGS. Says on the note: "Fill with hot liquid and a message will appear." Dh is going to try to super glue ours back together. DDIL-R sent a text message yesterday that we should have a package from the O&H Bakery (Racine, WI) arriving tomorrow. Love their Kringles! I may have to break down and have a piece or two!

I'm with you, Kathryn....I can't string events together. Takes too long for me to recuperate. So I try to plan very carefully.

Have a heat bag on my shoulder right now trying to get it feeling better. Arthritis is rearing its ugly head all over my body last night and today I fear.

Going to finish my coffee and head down the road. First I have to make a list of what I need in special cards. Found I already have one for DGS6. Didn't find any others though.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:59 am

Harriet - You truly have a way with words. Thanks for the fantastic start today. Congrats to your DD20 in excelling with her studies while juggling such a busy schedule. WOW!

Helia - I am enjoying hearing about your prep and logistics of hosting so many. YGG!

DD arrived here before the sunrise to get DGD7 ready for school. There was some hesitation on whether DGD7 should attend school today. DGD7 isn't running a fever so that was the deciding factor to let her go. The school had to cancel last nights Christmas program because so many of the children are sick. They will reschedule the program when school resumes in January.

I'm still congested & coughing about 100 times a day but I can feel myself getting better. I still don't have any fever so going to the doctor would be useless. I don't want steroids and I don't need antibodies. I am taking OTC Mucinex and making sure I drink plenty and get extra rest. Surely this stuff will end soon.

Homeschool Day #94 is underway.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:04 am

Morning...

My tabletops are clear, my tree is up and decorated, my Christmas cards are done and the last of my packages were mailed yesterday.

The cleaning girls will be here today and I plan to get my toes done this afternoon.

Tomorrow I will have breakfast with my close friend and get my hair done in the afternoon. Thursday is my big grocery shopping day and Friday I have my Christmas lunch with my girls.

Laundry is done, bed remade with clean sheets and dinner is leftovers from last night/

Now if I don’t come down with a migraine or my stomach doesn’t act up everything will go as planned . What’s The saying you plan and God laughs... hopefully he’ll be kind to me this year :D

Perry’s on and my second cup is ready. Waving to y’all. May all your plans go right too!
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:14 am

Sounds like a plan, Ramblin'!

I spent four or five 15s on the house this a.m., moving from kitchen to front bathroom and back as floors dried, etc. And also vacuumed the stairs and hall. One of our unit accesses is in the bathroom, so I know I need to prepare for a ladder going in there and it becoming inaccessible to us.

Trash and recyclables ready for dd to finish all that through to the cans, for tomorrow's pickup(s).

An HVAC person we've never met is here, getting the whole story/history back to square one. He was picked specifically by the boss to help us and boss says he's very good, but it's exhausting explaining and showing everything about two units, inside and out, to someone who's completely new to our house. HRH is visibly tired (and short-winded, I believe), taking the man upstairs and down, outdoors and around the house.

I have two sympathy cards to send. Or... .. maybe I'll ask dd38 about the one going to her dmil. Don't know exactly what she'd advise me.

Desk Day chores would be wise today, also.

Ds brought the tractor back and unloaded but did not knock on the door. :( I know he hates feeling we are off-limits sometimes, as much as we do. The recent time he phoned me was one of the longest phone conversations he and I have ever had. I personally have no idea how he could survive without his mother's advice :lol: It's likely he feels the same about me doing without his, as he certainly gave me a lot of it! He has started saying things like, "Now mother, you are a grown woman and I don't tell you what to do, but... .. " ;) He and ddil did come over on 4-wheelers with the children, but they stayed in the yard and talked to me only.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:39 pm

Back from a long walk with dfriend M, now at 9600 steps for the day. We had a good discussion hashing out several issues and making the world right!

I need to have lunch, at 1 p.m. or thereabouts I am heading upstairs to do portfolio work.

I did some planning for the rest of the week too and made the reservation for dh's bd dinner out.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:45 pm

Good morning! It will take a full archeological expedition to find the surface of my tables! Last night, it did not make sense to go all the way home to turn around for dance class. So, I took my Christmas crochet to a coffee shop and got some tea. When I got to dance class, it was cancelled. I could have saved that $2.50, but I did make progress. I decided on a color for the hallway and LR and need to call the relevant people. However, I left the color info at home! Got a past due notice scare, but a check of both their site and my bank's indicate the payment was received. LOLs washed and dried, but not put away. I could not find one cat this morning.

My query needs improvement here at payroll.

To wrap an umbrella: Roll the umbrella in the wrapping paper with at least 6" sticking out on either side. Tie ribbons around the ends. It will look like a piece of candy or a Christmas cracker.

Return to “Post When You Can”