Tuesday Turn the Tables

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Tuesday Turn the Tables

Postby Nancy » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:43 pm

I have been at the table cutting pages for my 5 in. x 7 in. planner cover. Had inserts already here in
the bigger size for Happy Planner. Yea me for finding a way to use them.
⊙ = done.
⊙ Got the packing stuff out of here.
Rinsed fabric for curtians.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:49 pm

the Christmas cards are done and almost all out!
I have some at the front door ready to go to post office.

dd younger took my car to downtown - she went on the hwy and I am so nervous. Going downtown is hard if you are not used to that type of traffic. I love driving downtown but this is her first time taking one of our busiest Highways. praying she is safe and sound.

hello to all. I am going to take a break as I am a little over whelmed by what I haven't done. no dailies yet.
wishing you the best.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:16 pm

Got home fine.

Dh was home not long after me.

We settled on ham and scalloped potatoes again. Then I was making a cabbage salad and sliced my right index finger on the julienne slicer so have two or more slits in my finger tip. Hard to tell with all the blood. We have a tight band-aids on it now and I held it over my head for 20 minutes to slow bleeding. It doesn't appear to be pooling under the dressing so I guess it has stopped bleeding.

Then dh called me to look at the toaster oven. The element was just about to flare out. We turned it off and have just finished pre-heating the big oven to finish up dinner in there.

They don't make that counter-top oven any more so I will have to buy another brand. It is about 10 years old and is used almost daily, sometimes 2 times a day. No other appliance is used as much in my kitchen. The induction burner is close, but I think we use this appliance more.

When it cools I'll see if we can service the element. Unlike a real oven, the element isn't obviously replaceable.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:23 pm

Meeting completed, customers happy. New chore for tomorrow is to get two of my three foster cats to an adoption setup. Briggs has been given the "older and needs meds" exemption from this overnight visit. DD16 called and is not coming over tonight. Finals are tomorrow and Thursday and she is going to stay put. She wanted to go to the 6 pm Christmas eve church service and I have arranged that with the x. When I mentioned it to the other woman Sunday, she thought the x might like to take her. Not sure if he would have or not, this way I know it happens. He has not entered a church since the divorce. As an atheist, the other woman does not encourage church attendance. Looks like belly dance class is ON for Friday. I wish I could find a non-choreography based class, but at least this one is Egyptian cabaret rather than American Tribal. (I enjoy watching the latter, but not doing it and am not very good at it).

A report "bug" has been explained as not a problem. It lists only type A (active) records so type H (historical) are not displayed. I have left it with the customer to determine if they would like the H records, it would be easy to include. I have to figure out a way to extract a child support case with an incarcerated parent from the database for testing. There is no test database for this where I could just fake up the situation. Also, some format stuff needs doing. However, I leave in < 10 minutes, so it is not likely to get done today.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:26 pm

"air frying" is a feature on some of the ovens. Is it a gimmick or a useful feature?

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:30 pm

I absolutely love our air fryer and use is several times a week. I have no idea how it would compare to an air fry oven though.

LucyLee - what did the doctor recommend?

DBro went to 2 different doctors when he had this crud. Neither one of the doctors recommended to DBro to take prescription meds. DBro is a special case because now his immunity is back to the status of a newborn baby. We both have been using OTC Mucinex and gargling with salt water. It takes 1-2 weeks to get over this crud.

I spent 2.5 hours at the Y and totally enjoyed myself. The time flew by. Then I stopped by Sams and got the things on my buy-this list. I also picked up some things for DMom and dropped them by at her home. I brought Chinese takeout home with me.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:35 pm

I am glad you found yourself LadyM. :) I get the concept of looking, for sure. We are usually not far away, are we? But I hope you feel confident looking further whenever you need.

Kathryn, although I wish it was all perfect info, isn't it wonderful we can learn so much these days and be prepared.

I'm waiting on ds. He's coming over after he gets the children to bed. HRH was gifted a mini honey baked ham and after saving one slice for dd he is re-gifting immediately to ds' firehouse for morning breakfast.

Nancy, you are better at decluttering things to do with craft and creativity than I am. I always have the feeling there is too much possible value to let it go.

One gift is large and oddly shaped, and I had a giant plastic gift bag hoarded :roll: that had once been over a bike or something - who knows. Anyway, this is one time that saving something to reuse was worthwhile.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:02 pm

I heard on the radio today official numbers of the flu nationwide are down. However, they said it is above normal for my county. I still think using the hand sanitizer each time I come out of a store helps me.

My tables, yuck! I keep working and working on my desk surface and it continues to be covered. And the dining room table has another project spread out there. Kitchen counters were covered and I did spend some extra time this evening digging them out. There has to be an end to this, doesn't there?

I forgot to put the mail out before we left this morning. I neglected to read my list and see the one important chore I had to do while I was out.

Drs. apt. with DH at his dr. was - well - it's done anyway. He said DH was supposed to be there after he came out of the hospital. Oh me. Missed that one. Wanted to know where his lab results were. Ah, we had no order for any labs. So, here we are, having to go back again in January after he gets his tests. I like this guy, he seems caring and all but he mumbles. I don't hear 100% so it's difficult. DH hears way less than I do so a mumbling person isn't good at all. I missed asking him a question. I missed asking the other doctor a question also. No wonder it's hard to keep everything straight.

Another batch of shopping done. I'm swimming in papers and receipts, trying to keep stuff straight.

Got 2 more batches of fabric. Tomorrow I just must get that stuff done. I pre-washed it all tonight.

Got tomorrow's desk day done tonight. One bank statement done. Payroll taxes done. 1 set for the year to do. Sure would be nice to have it done before the holiday, then I could really enjoy my time away.

Last year I wrapped an umbrella but I think it fit in a cardboard tube I had because it was a small fold-up one! Ok, here's a question about wrapping: what do I do with a 49" tall 32" wide corn tree in a pot with a whole bunch of philodendron around the base? Just about fits in the car! DD wanted another plant for her back porch. She's getting that and 2 aqua globes (watering spheres) thankfully in a box!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:18 pm

I like to use gloves in the store this time of year as extra protection.

H is trying to figure out the cords and hook up of his wireless muffler style hear phones for the tv.

I need to get on the stat bike I slept in and skipped it and my qt today.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:20 pm

The super dropped by with a piece of counter top for dh.

Then he took us upstairs. The new neighbours haven't moved in early, the dinner party must have been downstairs. Amazing how both of us believed it was upstairs!

The apartment is completely different from ours. So different, I could not find the kitchen! They have the same bedroom (roughly) as we do. Slightly different closets. Mine are better.

There is no spare bedroom. And the room we use as an office is much smaller than our office. So it is only a 2 bedroom apartment, not 3 (although our third 'bedroom' is billed as a den because the office is also an entrance to the kitchen.)

Their foyer is larger than mine but not useful. The living room is as big as mine but runs N/S instead of E/W. The dining room is about as big but without a window. The kitchen is 1/3 bigger than mine and has a giant 8 - 10' counter with bar seating. The kitchen design is illogical but I'm jealous of the counter space.

To get to the kitchen there was a door from the front hall. That has been closed off in order to make room for an oversized fridge. The eating area in the kitchen is about 10' by 15'. The previous tenant made it a family room (most of us in these units make the room we use for an office their family room.)

Because the door from the hall is closed off, you have to take your groceries through the hall/foyer/living AND dining rooms. It is about 60' from the front door. My kitchen access is through the office, or I have to walk around a slightly less distance if dh is on a call. Trust me, she's going to regret the kitchen design!

Her laundry room is smaller than mine as well, with no place for a freezer.

I'm so thankful for our apartment layout. Of all the double units I've been in, I like mine the best although you could argue the one two floors up or one floor below are a little better. They have tiny laundry rooms but there is a hall from the foyer to the kitchen (my laundry room uses that space for my freezer) and no door to the kitchen from the 'office'. That makes the office and kitchen better. But in our case, it means dh can toggle back and forth between his desk and the cooking keeping an ear on what's happening in the kitchen.

Dd called and we worked out some plans. We'll take dgs overnight on the 26th so they can have an easy trip to the hospital on the 27th. Their rental car is due back that day but there's no way that will happen so she'll work something out with them when she picks up the car on Friday.

Her ultrasound on Friday may be a babysitting issue if dsil doesn't improve by then. So she's to keep calling the house if she needs me over there (it is first thing in the morning so I'll run into rush hour to get to her.)

She'd like us to visit on Saturday as well so she has time for preparations (both Christmas dinner AND possibly early arrival of baby.) So we'll see how I feel. I'm exhausted now so will head to bed immediately.

My finger is starting to throb so I'll take extra advil tonight.

Return to “Post When You Can”