Tuesday Turn the Tables

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Tuesday Turn the Tables

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:47 pm

No time to catch up. On bus to DD's due to dsil being to ill to babysit. We'll figure the rest of the day out. Dgs is fighting sleep because he's excited I am on the bus with him.

Dd has an ultrasound this afternoon so needs me to babysit.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:34 pm

Hope the ultrasound gives all the best info. Best wishes, dgs and grandmother.

when I wrapped that fishing rod, I put two 12-can drink boxes together and fitted one over the other until they were the right length with rod inside and then wrapped. It was all I could figure out without giving away the surprise of the contents.

Some of my day has been given over to dstepdil who needed to talk. My granddog has had a seizure and vet said she's not the right age for it to be something common like epilepsy. Vet wants to do an MRI. yipes.

This HVAC guy seems calm and sensible, knowledgeable. I hope, I hope. He has gotten the living-areas side of the house off of emergency heat and working correctly, at least. But that was the side the installer :roll: hired a subcontractor to install, and seems to have been done reasonably well. The bedroom side has been nothing but a series of examples of wrong installation. He took photos, but says the boss is going to have to come look at this and it may have to be dismantled and re-installed. Sigh.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:00 pm

I ran away from home. I plan to return in a few hours.

I just needed to get some ME time. I am in Mom and Nana mode around the clock. I sometimes wonder who I am. I just needed a couple hours by myself.

Poor DH. I didn't give him much notice. I told him that I want to have a couple of hours "off" every day. I asked him to plan on take care of kids most afternoons. We will see how this plays out.

I'm going to spend some time at the y and then see if that satisfied my alone time need
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:35 pm

On my way home now. One bus from her corner to my bus station. And I am on the upper level of the double decker.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:43 pm

I am back from the store. Got a walk in the ri an w the dog she smells better. <(")> saw on fb how to make a penguin. Lol! looks like an owl.
⊙ decluttered som mags.
The fabric idea for wrap was to get some out of here I was not going to use.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:48 pm

Ultrasound confirmed breech so the inversion is scheduled for the 27th. They offered the 24th but that is our Christmas dinner day so she refused it. Dgs was born on his inversion day so we need to be prepared.

As well it will be a long day for me babysitting since the process is open ended. It will happen when staff is available. Dd was there 3 hours before the decision to switch to delivery over inversion was made.

This is the day after our open house so should be a recovery day for me. At least dh is available to help me.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:00 pm

Looking in, I've done some good work this afternoon. Trying to track down old cemetery records, I called a funeral home that had a phone number for a contact for the cemetery. He was a nice elderly man who liked to talk, in fact, he's going to go out and douse to see if there are any graves around my gr gr grandmother. I'm trying to do "reasonably exhaustive research" that her siblings are there. I've crossed several items off list of stuff to research for this.

I hate to stop but am going by to see dmom and pick up at cleaners. A successful day so far. Supper is leftover steak and mushroom bourguignon, baked sweet potato and a green salad. Don't know what time dh will be home. Except for the market being crazy this week he probably has a quiet week.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:07 pm

I gave in and came to the walk-in clinic, LadyM. No fever, but I feel miserable.

Planning to get dmom home maybe Thursday. Will need to buy groceries for her tomorrow...

Too much to do these next few days ... I’ve got to get over this crud.

Thanks for the wrapping tips!
Tomorrow is another day.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:37 pm

Washing Wednesday here
there were glimpses of blue sky earlier so I'm taking my chances to get them done - hopefully - 2 quick loads.

I haven't attempted washing sheets etc since last Friday as the rain/ shower cycle here has been continual.
My boom bust kitchen cycle continues, so there is washing up way due to do there.
Saturday is travel to dd's day. I now have dsil's mob # for station pu. Added difficulty there is trains turning into buses to get thru city stations, so I'm being collected from a station my train doesn't normally stop at. Hoping there is a good pu point with all the buses that will be there doing dropoff/pick up of every passenger who needs to go to or through the city. N S E W lines are all involved. It may be bedlam. and thoughts of convenient regular car pu for those with luggage may be wishful thinking. At least dsil can help with one of those.
Tomorrow I have an appointment.
Friday supporter is coming. Maybe we can have a turn the tables day then.
Not a great deal else has been done. I have bought token presents for youngest dgds, as suggested by dd#2.
Cash is the thing for all others.

Time to action washing loads. Then breakfast.

looking out the window now - blue sky has gone. I see hangables doing their thing inside from possible vantage points, with smalls on drying frame way under the veranda to have a chance.
I may regret washing my towel. oh well. drying frame for it too.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:44 pm

ps - hugs and prayers for all in your busy-ness, and ill health pending confinement situations.

Wondering LadyM - hoping its not walking pneumonia that has you. I know of others who did all sorts of things while putting up with its symptoms. Allergies could be another cause.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Return to “Post When You Can”