Wednesday Wins

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harmony

Re: Wednesday Wins

Postby Harmony » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:44 am

I'm trying for some wins today. So far I've put the last payroll tax in for 2018. Tried to do it last night but the site was down for maintenance. Doesn't anybody but me work at 11:30PM?

I have a time line (list) and forgot to look at it so I will go out and finish that soon here. DH could do his part but he asked me to go because he hasn't a clue what to get for his Youth group give away. Dollar store item. He asked me what I got the grands and I read him a list and had to explain most of what this stuff was. He doesn't keep up with what the new trends are. I asked DGSon 19 what to get and he gave me the tutorial. All 4 Grand Boys are playing that video game LadyM learned and want V B ucks. I haven't found their cards yet. I also had to explain to him what a phone DOT is!

To be a cool Grandparent, ya gotta keep up!

Twins, interesting, I had no idea dousing could be used for people, thought it was just for water. I guess there are no headstones?

So, I gotta get out the door...hopefully my last trip out before we go. Must complete that list!
Last edited by Harmony on Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:06 pm

Riding the blood sugar roller coaster this week I am winning bc I am still alive.
H had eyeglass lens come out so I said I would take it in I forgot a couple of things yesterday and have b set home a lot.
Real reason do not want to stay home to do chores . :roll: did morning stuff for or the most part.
Waving to everyone!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:29 pm

praying for even blood sugars d nancy!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:32 pm

looking at wins instead of what I haven't done!
called dentist to finish work on cap.
listed spending.

ready to start.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:39 pm

Twins - WOW! I have never heard of dowsing graves. I don't understand it but I find this very interesting.

Harmony - Yup. I'm right there with you. Season 7 started last week (each season last 10 weeks) and most players want to at least get the Basic V Bucks which is $10. DS10 worked to earn his. Now DSon is earning money to buy another 1000 V Bucks ($10). DGS12 is home sick from school today with an earache. DGS12 texted DS10 this morning asking if he could play online with him. I told DS10 that we would finish school by 12:15 and he could play with DGS12 then. I have a love/hate relationship with this game. I love that it encourages DS10 and DGS12 to spend time talking to each other. But video games are addictive and require very strong boundaries around it. Thankfully the software is available to control those boundaries with no interaction from me (after setting it up).

I order frequently from A-river. So how come I'm just discovering how BIG of a price change they have on items? I had run across it a few times but now that I'm watching it closer I am becoming a bit shocked. This morning I just bought DS10 next Math book at almost 1/2 price. This is a new book. Normally it is $33.99 but without any announcement, it just dropped to $18.47 on A-river. The other places that sell the exact same book haven't dropped the price. Weird. But I like it! From my limited observations of this fluctuation of prices, the price will drop for a few hours or day then return to the higher price.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:55 pm

so interesting about grave dousing. watched it on you tube. never heard of that before. interesting.

hi d harmony yay on getting the tax things done. i love that...
to be a cool grandparent you have to keep up!
this made me smile!
hi d lady smart that the computer games control it for you so it is not a verbal conversation

laundry room is done.
front hall blessing done.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:11 pm

Good afternoon everyone! (It has been afternoon for a whole minute here). Last night, I did very little useful, getting sidetracked on those blasted computer jigsaws. Really must clean, crochet, and fix the guest toilet. My big win is that I found and ordered the last dragon. It had free shipping and should arrive the day after Christmas. I pick up DD16's other gift tomorrow. I also got some DPCs done.

Tonight's WTF is deliver two of the three foster cats to an overnight adoption setup. Briggs is now sneezing and has even greater reason to stay home. He is very prone to minor respiratory problems, likely due to his asthma.

Today, I will work on the reports for the database I am less familiar with. I need to mirror the initiating query changes in the response query, fix some formatting, and find a test case with an incarcerated parent. Then, I can send it on its merry way and get back to Food Bank reports.

Harmony: I wrap almost everything, but even I wouldn't try with a plant! I might wrap just the pot, not to disguise the gift, but to keep the dirt from falling out. I would give it a nice ribbon and call it done. I am not an uncool grandparent, but am a decidedly not cool mom, please tell me what a phone DOT is. Dept of Transportation comes to mind for me.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:36 pm

Finding a parking spot.

At the moment sitting in passenger seat of my car waiting at a bank parking lot. This was the best dd20 could do to get even close to the post office. She only had to cross one street. She is helping the young man out by mailing to his grandmother for him. He can't ever get to the headof the po line with his work schedule.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:45 pm

please tell me what a phone DOT is. Dept of Transportation comes to mind for me.
I'm with Elizabeth, is it one of those things that dh has on the back of his phone?

Dmom may have another UTI. Called hospice nurse to advise. Otherwise, uneventful lunch, and then I dropped off canned food at food bank. This was supposed to go to the synagogue food drive and I didn't get them there in time. Also, was running late and didn't have time to get shred and glass recycling so I need to go back out to do that.

I also called this a.m. to reschedule colonoscopy appt and they haven't called back. Trying to add it to Wednesday wins!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:55 pm

Blood sug. # was back in range.
Then had lunch :roll: took meds first.
H glasses are fixed.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”