Wednesday Wins

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Wednesday Wins

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:08 am

Don't get so caught up in the season that you don't notice the little wins.

Enjoying the Christmas lights when you go for an evening walk.

Watching a child at the mall in awe of the decorations.

Connecting with a friend over coffee or a meal, letting everything else sit while you enjoy the moment.

Finding a parking spot.

BookSaver
Administrator

Re: Wednesday Wins

Postby BookSaver » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:15 am

Thanks for opening the thread today, Kathryn. Your fingers were faster than mine! :) I love your Wednesday Wins.

Here's where I started --

Wednesday Words of Inspiration

At our library staff gift exchange yesterday, I gave the boss a set of colorful modern prints ready for framing. (We were given a maximum spending limit of $20 and I went a little over even without frames, but I loved the art work so much I had to share all 3 of them.) The prints were not sold as a set, but I thought they seemed to tell a story.

Here's the sequence:

Wake up, Kick a$$, Repeat.
Are we having fun yet?
Maybe swearing will help!

:D :lol:

What funny mottoes are running through your head today?

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:28 am

Reviewing the week so far, I'm counting these as Wins:

* Monday night after work, instead of driving straight home I drove around TinyTown to look at the lights that people have put on their houses and in their yards. So pretty.

* Yesterday my coworkers liked the appetizer I took to the gift exchange, and it was easy to make. Take a slice of salami (or other thin-sliced meat), spread on a little plain cream cheese, add a tiny thin slice of pepperoncini, and roll it up. Even the teenage girl liked them.

* After the meeting I went to 2 stores for fill-in shopping to get us through the next 2 weeks. Found everything on my list. 8-) Now I'm hoping that I won't have to set foot in another store until after Christmas.

* I don't have to go anywhere today, hooray!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:38 am

Yesterday was a win.

Dgs started his day by saying, "Go NAC tomorrow, again!" so he liked the Toddler Tuesday. The program starts up in the new year, right when I will need to spend time with dgs to give his mommy a break and playgroup and library time is not allowed because of germs off shared toys. The only shared item here were musical instruments, plus dgs can be far away from the others and still involved, unlike playgroup.

The day will also include bus ride and if dh and I take him, we can do the upper deck of a double decker (he can't do that now because dd takes him in the stroller because she needs it for their destination, plus she and can't get him up the stairs.) And possibly lunch out again. He ate about half his adult sized crepe (but scraped off the ham and peppers despite those being favourite foods.)

I've posted two of dd's pictures here:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6001

I'm still considering last Friday a win because the surprise time with both my kids at lunch was so wonderful.

Yesterday, I thought I saw ds walk through the mall (orange jacket, black toque, black backpack, beard and mustache) but body language wasn't quite right. I texted him to ask and he was at the dentist for an emergency appointment. He was head butted and his tooth broke off. Still waiting details but I'm assuming one of the seven year old triplets he is 'uncle' to had something to do with this. He does a lot of extremely active stuff with them, including running a Spartan Kids Race with the girl. This is a bad time to bring on even more dental debt. Thankfully, the dentist has a special payment plan for him since he has no insurance and she is the wife of his high school mentor.

I had a rough night last night. Dd is basically freaking out because she possibly has only 8 days without a baby. Instead of 25. She's feeling ill prepared. While we have no medical reason to assume baby comes on the 27th, we both feel it is going to happen. So I'm thankful it is such a low key Christmas, since that takes a lot of the strain off me at least (so I can be useful to her.) She kind of wanted 2 sleepovers in the next 7 days, but I said no. I can set limits.

In the meantime, today I have nothing planned aside from grocery shopping, buying a new toaster oven, and searching for my dining table.

I need to shower today but am afraid of how much my finger will hurt. So I need to be a big girl and just to it. I think I still have finger cots somewhere so will pull one on first. Band-aids are on my shopping list, I'm to the point of digging them out from my stashes (some in my travel medical kit, some in my purse and some in the kitchen drawer.)

Booksaver, that appetizer sounds simple and attractive! Duly noted.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:55 am

Kathryn, the appetizer "recipe" is from a video of a woman who uses them as a keto diet lunch. She said she can make a batch of them on Sunday and take 3 or 4 them to work for lunch every day the rest of the week. When she keeps them well wrapped they are still fine on Friday. The pepperoncini gives it a little zing but not too much, as long as the meat is not very spicy.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:40 am

I ended up having a great day yesterday. My CCC (completed card count) for yesterday was 92. I exceeded my step goal as well. I am on Day 8 of exceeding my sleep goal. I hope this trend can continue. I don't expect or hope for all of these to happen every day, but it gives me something to strive for.

This morning is Homeschool Day #95. This afternoon I plan on going to the Y. This evening I'll take DS10 and DGD7 to a local church with the most excellent children service. Tonight DH will feed everyone sub sandwiches at Cowboy Church and then everyone will break up into teams to deliver 50 Christmas boxes filled with food items to low income or struggling families. They will also deliver the Angel Tree gifts to the kids. This morning DH will pick up the frozen hams and pies to add to the food boxes. It is organized chaos with all the cases of pantry type food and gifts stacked everywhere.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:56 am

Up and about here. I am picking up dcousin at 11:15 to see dmom for lunch. I am putting the glass recycle and shred into my car and hope to drop it of while out, also need to go to bank for cash for gifts.

Trying to decide about supper tonight...probable reboot on my plans for last night with leftover steak, mushroom bourguignon, sweet potato and salad. Dh came home last night, snacked from refrigerator and suggested we wait awhile to eat, then we talked a bit. And he fell asleep and slept right on through to bedtime. :shock:

LadyM, I remember that you doused for a well once, and your father used to? The guy that I talked to yesterday doused on either side of gr grandmother's grave and says there's a male and female on either side of her. He said he can tell because the rod turns one way for a female and the other for a male. :shock: The graves on either side could be anyone, doesn't prove that her siblings are there, but it is interesting. He was a nice man and wanted to help me out.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:59 am

I need to s2s, make the bed and walk the dog, and out of here in an hour or so.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:27 am

good morning dear ones!

hello d twins!
hello d lady!
hello d book! yes! on your wins!
hello d kathryn yay that it was a win yesterday! loved the beginning!
hello d everyone!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:32 am

I am following the advice of Diane to set up a time line for what is left for Christmas. (A plan). doing that first thing this morning.
I know what is on my card file today and what is on the L*st of what's left.

dd drove yesterday to downtown and stopped by dd older's apartment. Taking 90 to downtown is a crazy adventure (nothing like los Angeles) and I was so worried. (but traffic on the way there was wall to wall so it took her almost 2 hours to get down there - my heart was relieved she didn't have 80 mph and higher, cars, weaving in an out of traffic).

today is a room by room. heading to drop off cards at post office and then come home. dh has a port flush today. Insurance won't cover it's removal.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”