Just Begin Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Lynlee

Re: Just Begin Thursday

Postby Lynlee » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:33 pm

just begin Friday.

dishes etc caught up.
floors done.
s&s
2nd lot of washing on now.

Its warm here today.
I've just been looking at the conversion chart in my dictionary. In the old days 108 f was heat to complain about, and I think that's about 42.5c. No its not that hot today. I need to quit complaining about today.

Harmony - If you were able to go on strike re the physically challenging work, your dh would not be so able to continue. I know, its your caring for him that has you trying to stop him lifting / carrying things on his own.
If he was non hands on 'supervisor' of a team - and the jobs paid enough to hire an able team, that would be different. hugs and prayers.
Can you get a doctor's exemption for ability to participate as his labourer?

Tomorrow is my day to go to dd's, so I'm not sure how much I'll be here from my ph, or if my laptop will come with me.

Merry Christmas everyone.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:05 pm

It's a new day. Things always seem a little brighter in the mornings.
Last edited by Harmony on Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:20 pm

It is windy out here now. Taking a break from my weaving actually warping.
I think we will cook a turkey on Christmas day. Mostly for sandwich meat we enjoyed the last one.
Found out how to do the net stubbies on u tube they use tulle and a bigger hook than I was using, also saw peanut butter fudge made with of & frosting might be fun with grankids. [Ch. Fudge was with sweetened cond. Milk. ]

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:17 pm

Hello everyone. We are ok here in west central Florida. I don't think we had as much bad weather here as Dee and Harmony described. I woke up this morning around 7 am to the sound of rain on the front window, which faces north. But I heard no thunder or wind, so dozed for a little while before getting up. If we had any bad weather earlier I slept through it. I'm happy that both Dee and Harmony are safe. I was also thinking of my two dnieces out towards Orlando also.

Dh and I decided to go out yesterday ahead of this storm. We had RX refills to pick up at two pharmacies and a few groceries needed. We were back home around 2 pm and it had started to rain by then. I am still not quite ready for the holiday. We did get out small, 4 ft., tree up on Tuesday. Dson#2 came yesterday to put the two big totes back up on the shelves in the laundry room. I have one small tote out yet to finish decorating the tree and arrange something on the entertainment center in the living room and the buffet in the dining room. Our cards will be in the mail by Saturday...I hope!

(((Harmony))) so sorry you have had a rough time lately with work stuff. And you surely don't need any of that kind of help from dh's doctor!

(((Twins))), sorry for the grumpy dh. Maybe it's the full moon out there!

Elizabeth, I had to LOL at your suggestion for the palm branches. I've had that same thought, but I just can't bring myself to be the same kind of neighbor they are. Yes, Harmony, this is the same family that made such a "fuss" when we had the oak tree removed.

I just talked to ddil#3 who called to say thank you for the birthday wishes. I can't believe my youngest dson and she are now 39 y o ! She said it has been raining in VA since early this afternoon, same system as us.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:50 am

My ear is acting up I have been out of sorts. Trying to decide Christmas meal going with easy. Deli chicken it is just h & I . Actually soup sounds great. I have some here. That cheese stuff could go on califlour. Got the heddles threaded yea, I am tired heading to bed in a few. Weaving to everyone.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:53 am

(((Harmony))) I don’t know what to say either... maybe a private appt with you and the doctor would help? Or having dh accompany you to z good honest session with your own doctor?
(((Big Hugs)))

Ditto Kathryn’s review of Mary Poppins Returns! I loved it, and both dgrands seemed to enjoy it very much also. Ds and ddil also liked it. (Dh stayed home.)
I still like the original better — I liked the songs better and I just don’t think anyone can match Julie Andrews and Dick Van Dyke — But this one was not a disappointment in any way!

Oh — dmom is home! So far, so good...,
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”