Just Begin Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Just Begin Thursday

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:56 am

I stopped to get phone number of the contact for Friday afternoon caroling. I need to call them and tell how many will be there.

sharpening the saw

Kathryn - You are very observant! I think you are right. Also the more I move the more I want to move.

I don't seem able to get caught up no matter how hard I push every day. I still don't have a single gift wrapped or the tree up. I can feel myself becoming depressed by my lack of progress in keeping all the balls in the air. But going to the Y allows me to switch gears for a couple hours in a healthy way. I think I am accomplishing more even though I'm taking a couple hours for myself.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:16 am

Wasn't the Broadway traveling production in your area recently?
Yes it was, Twins, and was wonderful. Surely one of my biggest memories so far this winter.

So far we've only had very heavy rain, but the tornadoes/warnings keep cropping up at different spots in central FL (west to east). In the next town northwest (Zephyrhills) had a tornado that damaged 20 homes. Going to call dbil soon to see how they've fared. They're not all that far south of Zephyrhills and as storms usually do -they're following I-4 a lot. Their house is only a block off I-4.

I usually do my jobs for the day, listed on my computer. But think I'll put the usual 'dailies' on that and do cards for all the extras I need to do. Prime on my radar this morning is getting our Christmas letter composed & printed. Then get address printed out and start in on my cards. So far behind. We're talking -a little bit- about postponing our Christmas morning till Thursday. I'd be fine with that. Dsisil said yesterday that they'd been invited to friends of theirs for Christmas Day dinner -they went there for Thanksgiving too. If that's what they want to do guess that's okay. I'll check with dbil first though before I tell dd. Dsonil's Mom has also said she's not coming. May end up with the four of us. ;)
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:17 am

Morning...

My day went well yesterday and I like my new haircut.

Today Sweetie and I are going grocery shopping after we take our old grill that he cut up to a metal junk place.

Harmony I am retired so it’s much easier to plan my time. Plus I’ve lived away from my family 46 years so I’ve always had to to shop for gifts early in Dec in order to get them in the mail on time. Years ago it would usually take a week or so to get a package to my relatives on time.

This year my moms request for six cookbooks for her grandchildren really cramped my style but I was able to adjust my schedule so I could get it done on time.

Over the years especially when my migraines started up, I learned very quickly to spread out my “need to be done” list to accommodate headaches Incase one showed up. Now I have to take my hernia issues into account. P&P taught me the importance of scheduling my days which I used while I was teaching. I like many I also have ADD so I took the ideas I learned and used them in my classroom. Now I’m so used to doing the sister stuff it’s second nature to me. Plus if I plan things out my brain is at peace and I sleep better.

Last night I got out my recipes and compiled my grocery list. All my footprints have been picked up and now it’s time for my second cup of coffee and Perry. Here’s wish y’all a sf (stress free) day.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:06 pm

DD showed up for a visit but I kept working while talking, had her help make the bed, and I folded laundry and hung to dry and rebooted. I didn't allow her to get me sidetracked. Also walked ddog in the rain so that finishes a.m. routine except for s2s. Today isn't s2s day, but I may move it up and then do again on Sat a.m. before bar mitzvah. I saw the public works announcement about delayed pick up next week so I reposted to our neighborhood Facebook. No questions, since garbage s/b on Tues next week and Recycle on Wed.

Going to go to bank, then some garage clean up, then genealogy!

OTOH, I was sidetracked when dd arrived, trying to figure out why Fitbit adjusts the weight from my R enpho scale by .1 lb. Scales say .4, Fitbit has .3.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:18 pm

my kitchen went bad. really bad in a short time. (not doing my routines in here for 2 days sure can make a kitchen nasty)
so far... emptied the dw, filled it with the few dishes i had out.
next clean out fridge (where more dishes lurk bc I didn't cook and wasted food/thus spending money)

d twins.
good for you! and I am sure the chores went faster with your dd and you working together. great job!
hope your fit bit behaves

hi d rose
I love the new doo
Migraines are not nice as they are very painful and they don't plan when they come. smart scheduling! well done.

hi d dee. praying for the families with the damaged homes! and praying for safety for everyone.

hi d lady I like that:
the more I move the more I want to move"
I am glad the Y helps. I have a few ornaments on the tree. I hope I can get that done today. I am not decorating the rest of the house. (I had this happen a couple years ago). glad the y gives you a great feeling.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:23 pm

d twins I am sorry your dh was in a a bit of a mood. So happy he went to work. I think it is healthier for him 8-) enjoy your time on your own.

Dh laughed at me when I said that since it is the holidays that he is not allowed to comment on things until after the holidays. I wonder do you think he will take me seriously. :lol: 8-)

Hi d nancy! enjoy your work! cheering you on!

hi d kathryn. sorry the toaster oven didn't work.

Cheering everyone on.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:32 pm

Homeschool is done for the day. I told DS10 that starting tomorrow we are going to switch to a holiday school schedule for the next couple of weeks. We are only going to do 2 hours of school instead of 4 hours. Next week we won't do school on Mon, Tue & Wed so that means we will only do school for 4 hours the entire week! Hopefully, that will be enough to keep him from forgetting too much over the holiday and make it easier when we return to normal school in January.

The 2 Houdini dogs are continuing with their escapes today. So DH is adding additional fence panels to the existing fence in hopes of a temporary fix. We plan to replace this fence when we do the swim pool renovations in the spring. My dream fence would be like RR has. A concrete wall the same height as the house. I doubt if we can make that happen.....but while in the pre-planning stage I can dream. In the meantime we just need a fence the 2 Houdini dogs can't find a way under, over or through.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:46 pm

Another round of severe thunder storms, but we just have flooding right now. Dsonil finally came in from his work shed as it's flooded (inside!) Dh texted that he was glad he'd gone to school with dd this morning. Plan was for me to drive him up there (usually about 45-60 minutes). There's no way I'd be driving in this. Praying Harmony & Sunny are doing okay on the Gulf coast.

Just finished my lunch. Trying to figure out a way I won't be tempted by all the cookies, etc that are here. At least they're in the refrigerator/freezer on the back screened porch & not so readily available! :?

I bought a new rug for in front of my recliner last week. Dpuppy has decided it's a 'chew toy'. She's been really good about leaving household stuff alone. She does have a penchant for socks if she finds any. Found a mated pair by her bed yesterday. Which reminds me -I have to go get the lol folded and put away. I couldn't put it off past today for sure! Had to break into a new package of underwear for dh today! :D
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:12 pm

I had breakfast.
Watched dog owner show for ideas & insp.
Breakfast is over.
I decluttered living room.
Need to put that away & toss mags.

Thinking of menu for Christmas day so I can shop for needed items.
That cheese dip Twins or some one cooked up sounded but material it with turkey sausage.
I found the jello to make.

I walked the dog.
Had lunch.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:20 pm

I have done a lot in the garage. I emptied two boxes of books from our move 6.5 years ago and have them ready to go to library as donations. I have a stack to go to Goodwill, and a doggie gate to go to the shelter. Didn't really get rid of anything of dh's but determined that he has probably three boxes of records. I think he thought he had given them all away, but then he was talking about getting them back because friend J had never unpacked them. :shock: The worst part of what's left in the garage is the three boxes of "memorabilia" and pictures and negatives that are still in the garage by the door. :shock: I hate to take them upstairs to sort.

Ddog Muffin did an escape as well, LadyM. I went out earlier to put a letter to mail in the box and she must have followed me out. She barked at me from the back porch a few minute ago when I came back from the garage. :lol: I don't think she was happy with herself, lol.

Giving myself until 1:30 then will get started w genealogy work. I think I just had a cookie lunch. :oops: DD opened them, unfortunately. Can I blame her?

Only 3500 steps so far.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”