Just Begin Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Just Begin Thursday

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:30 pm

Got the LOL dried, folded AND put away. In the process I discovered that the hallway to the laundry room/garage had leaked. They haven't had that problem in a few years. Dsonil went out to check the gutters (which he just cleaned about 2 weeks ago) and determined they were flowing slowly so something is up with them. He thinks the gutter along the side of the garage/hallway must have backed up under the eaves. But if that's all the damage we get from this storm, we're fortunate.

Need to call and see how dbil/dsisil did on the western side of Lakeland and not all that far from the tornado in Zephyrhills.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:08 pm

Hi everyone! The cats are at their adoption clinic, I have to pick them up tonight after DD16 goes home. Today is her last school day for 2018, finals are over, so we have a clear schedule. It is also payday, so we may eat out. Or not - she has some leftover steak in my fridge. Bills and budget needs to be done soon, I want to clear that credit card ASAP.

Despite cat duties, I was able to get some PUPA done in the house. No room is complete, but progress was made in kitchen, LR, MBR, and hallway. Laundry was run and almost all put away. (I forgot a few towels). Trash and recycles are out. Today, I have some paperwork to scan and email.

Does anyone know where to find postcards now? I have tried gas stations, dollar stores, pharmacies, and grocery stores. I thought this would be easy! I know I can get blank ones for my printer, but it doesn't do color printing very well.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:31 pm

quick hi.
picked up script
dd is taking my car again for hair cut.
dh is complaining about the basketball net. bc he says it's on the grass too close to the driveway and he may hit it. it's on the grass. ;)
I am not looking forward to the dentist. I need dh to drive me. I asked dd to pick me up after her appointment. I miss having a car but I would rather not have to borrow d mom's car. (she has a car here and a car in Florida)

I don't feel like working. 8-) I have the lazy daisy's.
meds set up for week.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:38 pm

hi d elizabeth so happy your dd is off! yay on progress being made.
post office: https://store.usps.com/store/results/po ... 8jxZqqbb5n

hi d dee yay on doing the full laundry process!!! hope everyone is okay. puppy chewing on rug... glad it wasn't the chair :D

hi d twins yay on your work in the garage! oh my goodness... that really made me laugh. our sweet younger dog jumped out of our yard (she was younger) and we found her at the front door not happy

hi d nancy yay on your work as well.

hi d lady. yay on your school work going down to 2 hours a day and having some days off. enjoy!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:45 pm

I can't remember the last time I bought postcards so I'm not sure where to buy them IRL. If you want to purchase them online then A-river has postcards

Home from spending 5 hours taking DMom to her activities. Doctor visit was 1.5 hours long but everything was good. Took DMom to medical device place only to be told that Medicare does NOT pay for handbars and bathtub aids. The doctor office said they do. The medical device store says they don't. I'll check into it further. DMom wanted to see where DD is working so we stopped by there and shared a piece of pie and German Potato Salad (weird combination....I know).

I noticed DMom was confused several times today and her face would flush like she was blushing. Not sure what that is about.

It's too late to go to the Y now. I don't like going after 5pm because it gets super crowded and full of kids.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:56 pm

Elizabeth, WalMart has post cards, in the section where souvenirs and stuff is, but hey this is Florida! I got cards one time to send to my grandkids when I was missing them. I guess the post office has plain ones. Actually, everyone around here has them, all the drugstores too.

Twins, sure glad you figured out where that cabin is! What a disaster that would have been. DH brings 'stuff' home from the store all the time. Doughnuts, cake, candy and he's not supposed to eat any of it, and I'm trying NOT to. I'll take the other oar. We're in the same boat.

Ramblin Rose, I guess I'll never be able to plan like you do.

I'd like to cry after today. DH wanted a proposal typed and I got into that Template again that is impossible to fix. Just couldn't do it. I did find a copy of the original one in my documents and used that one and while it was still ok I made a copy of THAT in case this happens again to the good one I have left.

Then he wanted me to help him at job, and I went over there to help bring in big heavy 2-panel glass shower enclosure, a kinda long walk to the door, a step up with it. Could barely do it with him but we did manage and I'm very thankful it didn't drop or break.

Coming home got in the weather Dee's been talking about. Debris, trees, etc. all over the roads, flooding, rain so hard I couldn't see far; lights out; 2 accidents; riding in car with almost no gas because DH brought it home that way last night. Back at home, cold and wet I wanted soup and discovered there was no milk for the soup I wanted and I was so mad and out of sorts I jumped back in the car and went out for it. I'm glad the wind has died down but it's supposed to be windy tomorrow.

Had started in with the sewing and then got called away this morning, so none of that got done. I just can't seem to get anything I want done. Was so tired and worn out from the day by the time I ate lunch I just fell asleep. Now I'm back into it.

DH was out after a call from someone who got flooded out and needed some repairs. His dr. the other day said "you should work till you're 80" and agreed it keeps him "going". I was livid. He's NOT here to see the problems this causes; he does not know how he falls, how his arms hold him back; how much help he needs remembering; how much it affects me and us. Today I sent the check away to pay for another year of his business insurance he'll need to keep if he continues.

I'd go away and cry somewhere if it would help, but it doesn't.

LadyM, we've put in grab bars for lots and lots of people and none of them were going through insurance to have this done. I've never heard of this around here.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:36 pm

(((Harmony))) I'm sorry it's going to take more to get your dh to retire. Have you thought of hiring someone to knee cap him?!?!

I really think you should go to your doctor and explain that you are at the end of your rope. You've held on for as long as you can but not being allowed to retire is depressing you and affecting your health. You are getting desperate and if a heart attack will not help him decide to retire, could you please have one so you can at least stop working?

Maybe that will get your family doctor's attention and he can send you both for counseling. I seriously believe that is what is needed. Then, once you dh hears from you (though a counselor) how terribly unhappy you are, he can make his choice. From where I sit, his continuing to work is the equivalent of spousal abuse since you are his slave and it seems that he will never release you from servitude. That's a serious charge, but it really feels that way to me.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:47 pm

I highly recommend Mary Poppins Returns. For me it was practically perfect in every way.

They did an incredible job playing homage to the original, the new music is new but feels perfect and I could see an updating in the story to appeal to kids today.

It did feel long (it is 130 minutes so it really is long for a children's movie.) It moved slowly, allowing you to enjoy each moment rather than rush from scene to scene. That I really liked (especially since my brain doesn't handle rushing well) but my girlfriend thought it will not work with kids because of the length and it being a musical. I pointed out that Dumbo and Lion King are coming out as life-action musicals and Beauty and the Beast and Jungle Book have already been released so maybe kids today will stand for it.

She felt the movie was geared to us, people for whom the original was their first movie. BTW: I was taken out of the original, terrified of a certain scene. Now I know I can close my eyes, so a similar scene in this movie did not require me to leave, although I did lean over and tell my friend "this is where 5 year old me wants to leave the theatre!"

I really loved the story although there was a couple of tweaks I would have made, opportunities missed to make the story even more charming.

My friend doesn't think it will do well; if so it will go to the second run theatre sooner rather than later, which suits me fine because I'll be going to see it again with dh once it gets to his regular theatre. I can't wait to see it again.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:52 pm

I had a pretty successful day. I got the three errands done before lunch and movie. After the movie I had the energy to do more but had to rush home before dark. Just made it.

Since getting home, I put away my things from today but that's it. The new toaster oven is set up now. It is the HUGE one and I don't know if I like it. The racks rattle if they are in put in one way and I've lost the space to store my toaster oven pans because of both size and the fact that it gets too hot on top. That's actually a big issue. It is also 3" too close to the microwave which may be an issue since it gets really hot on the outside.

I miss my old toaster oven. I'm so sorry the brand no longer exists.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:17 pm

Oh dHarmony -I can so feel your utter frustration. I hope something 'breaks' (not literally) for you soon. Don't envy you being out in the weather today. Hoping the wind will die down by tomorrow afternoon when we have to go to Clermont and on to Orlando. Shudder!!

I did it. I have my Christmas cards and letter all done, printed, stamped and ready to mail tomorrow. I'm impressed with me, if I do say so myself! :o :) Now I can go to bed with a good conscience. Accomplished a lot today. Got a decent night's sleep last night so that helped a lot.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Return to “Post When You Can”