FINISHING FRIDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

FINISHING FRIDAY

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:36 am

Do you have things to finish up today before the weekend and the big C? I have cards to drop at the post office then that will be done. I do have a few straggler cards -but first I need to find more cards. Think there may be some in dd's art room, but I'll have to search. Know I've seen some before. I ran out.

It's still raining. Know we had well over 5" yesterday. Hoping the weather will be halfway decent when we drive up to dd's school and on to Orlando this afternoon. Hoping maybe dh's paper was in the driveway before dd left this morning. If it was she will have brought it in. Otherwise I may be calling for a replacement.

Dh is still sleeping. Have a feeling the game went into overtime as I think I heard him come in at nearly midnight. This will be my first one tonight. Hoping I can make it through the night without getting too tired.

Time to take my meds and get some English muffins out of the freezer.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Re: FINISHING FRIDAY

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:43 am

hello d dee! thank you for helping us finish the week!
wishing you a wonderful and safe day!

dogs don't know it's already 7:42 - lol! so funny - they are still sleeping! - they didn't wake up with me at 6:00 - so funny. winter solstice has made our morning dark.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:52 am

Today is finishing the week for me and figuring out what I've missed. I've been putting off getting groceries, figuring I don't need that many things so I might as well wait a bit, but I need to bite the bullet today.

I need to get going and straighten for dcleaning lady, also get her Christmas gift (cash) in envelope with a note.

"The King and I" was lovely, a little overlong for us since it clocked in at 3 hours and dh was worn out. We had a great evening with dfriends.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:16 am

waving at you sweet twins!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:27 am

I'm listening to the soundtrack from Mary Poppins Returns. Sadly the songs are not really in the order they appear in the movie. Maybe because the soundtrack was released before the movie and they didn't want to give too much away. Plus they've interspersed the orchestral music so you don't go from song with lyrics to song with lyrics. On Google Play, it shows the orchestral songs as Marc Shaiman (the composer) so if you are looking at the play list, you can skip the them.

I'm enjoying them, but their theme is different. It is a different time (and the story is different and lyrics always progress the story in a musical) and it is an appropriate theme for this time. If baby doesn't arrive next week, I'll probably focus one of our PWYC days on the theme. In the meantime, I recommend you go see the movie (except, I excuse those who hated the original although this one is a bit less cloyingly sweet.)

I'm up and s2s. Still have to have breakfast. I have to turn the music off now because dh is around me and will hear it (he'll consider that a movie spoiler.)

I feel like I have a lot of energy today. I hope I can harness that. I'm full of ideas but no time to implement them.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:40 am

((((Harmony))))) I have no words of wisdom. I just wanted to let you know that as your friend we are here to help you get through this trying time. Y'all walked alongside me when I was going through almost unbearable times with DD and the court system. You got me through it by letting me talk through the unacceptable until I could accept it. We will be here for you. (((Hugs)))

Yesterday wasn't as big of a win as before but I'm still counting it so. I exceeded my daily SHE card goal by 2. Homeschool with DS10 was accomplished well. I took care of DMom needs and wishes.....including spending 30 minutes on phone with DBro & DNeice discussing how to handle DMom's upcoming needs. I wouldn't change my priorities yesterday but I can't let taking care of myself get shortchanged every day. I didn't make step goal (was 4,350 under). I didn't make sleep goal (was 1 hour 21 minutes under). I didn't make activity goal (was 30 minutes under)

Today's plans -
** 2 hours of homeschool
** 11:10am Take DS10 and DGS7 to see a movie - Dr Suess The Grinch.....sorry Mary Poppins fans. They voted for the Grinch over Mary
** Take DS10, DGS7 and me to the Y. DGS21 will join us there.
** 3pm - Go to VA center to do caroling.
** Put up Christmas tree!! Although I'm very late at getting the tree up I haven't been a total failure this year with Christmas prep. We do have some Christmas decorations out - Window curtains, wall quilt hanging, Christmas Cards displayed, Table clothes, Advent wreath, etc. Hopefully, by EOD we will finally have a tree up too.
Last edited by LadyMaverick on Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:47 am

I see sunny. hello!
I see d kathryn hello!
I see d lady Hello!

sweet harmony ((())) much love to you!

I am afraid I am falling down a rabbit hole with the computer. so I have to grab my timer and my Christmas time line and start!

Norma

Postby Norma » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:28 pm

((((HARMONY)))) You aren't complaining. You are just sharing your feelings and I am sure many of us on here understand what you are going through. It all comes with the aging process. I will be 81 next week and Mr Guy is 77. Right now he is having more problems than I am and many times I am feeling "put upon" to keep the day to day things going. We are going to have a sit down with our doctor at home when we get there. You are not alone! Never think that. I don't know the answer for you - or myself for that matter. Think positive, remember the things you are thankful for and One Day At A Time. I think you need a sit down with your doctor. You are in my prayers. :)
I go to nature to be soothed and healed , and to have my senses put in order. John Burroughs

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:36 pm

dgkids will be here Cmas eve so that changes things up the other granny wants em Christmas day, sigh doubt Cmas eve service will happen for us agian this year trying not to be in a "mood" today. Changed the dogs flag for my b.s. alert last night she chewed it up so changed it again this one seems to be better. Posting from stat bike. So maybe will cook turkey on Christmas eve instead.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:23 pm

hello d norma so very true... d harmony you are not alone. one day at a time.
hello d nancy

Return to “Post When You Can”