Saturday Social

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Saturday Social

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:08 pm

Order is ready for pickup. I've done nothing else since I last posted. We'll have to go out now. It is very windy so feels cold. It might not be cold, but the wind makes me think it is. We have an icicle on our balcony, very unusual but a cold spell blew in during a rain storm last night. We also have frozen raindrops on the kitchen windows.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:41 pm

I am waving to everyone! Slept in till nearly seven yea me. Feeling better today also gets a yea!
Done w journal and planning.
Breakfast is done.
I cut up pb fudge.
Turned turkey over.
Eggs are done cooking & cooling for deviled eggs later to make.
Did some knitting.
Make jello. X
I have some mending to do. X

Bed needs made. Nope.
Rocks to paint. X
Cooking up meat for cheese sauce.
Pants marked to hem.
On stat bike now.

Pick up back yard. X
Walk dog around the block. X
Hem slacks. X

Did a doodle in my journal I had skipped a page not on purpose close to the middle.
I am one page short on day planner pages. :roll:
Made up the menu for Cmas eve dinner with Dd & gkids. I have a plan. :idea:
Sunny weather today. 36* to 43* to day's temp. Range.

Eggs still need peeled finish jello and cheese dip all for later....
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:46 am, edited 3 times in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:34 pm

The final invitations for Boxing Day are sent.

Now to go shopping..... (on the busiest day of the year.)

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:34 pm

Slowly working my way through SHE cards. I made the decision to drop my SHE card goal to 50 on weekend days. My weekday goal will remain 80 cards.

I checked the protein, carb & vegetable tubs in the refrigerator to see what needed more added. I've added 3 kinds of protein and 2 carb dishes. There are plenty of vegetables ready to eat. The instant pot just went off telling me the pot of pinto beans are done. I'll let them cool down then package them into individual meal portions. Some will go into the refrigerator and some into the freezer.

I am still struggling to learn what and how to pack the bag for YMCA. Things that I thought would be needed aren't being used so I removed those from my bag. I need to develop a list of items that are used frequently and need to be replenished. I am trying a new routine of where and how to handle wet items. I only have one swimsuit so it has to be dried and then returned to bag after every use. Surely I will eventually have a routine for the bag prep but for now, it requires me to think through each item to be packed.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:14 pm

Went to the hockey game with dd and dh last night. I was ready to head to bed by the time 9 o'clock rolled around but still had at least another hour of hockey. Actually Orlando ended up winning in overtime against the FL Everblades (which is hard to do on ANY day!) It was also the "Teddy Bear Toss". A very touching moment(s) during the evening was when they went to a row to give them passes to someplace in Orlando. The woman in the first seat, was then told, "We're not through with you yet. Close your eyes. Open them & turn around". There came her army son (on leave from Afghanistan) coming down the steps. Took her a moment to realize just what was happenings. Love seeing those reunions.

Dh and dd took the dogs to the dog park this morning. They left about an hour & a half ago to go do some shopping. I stayed home & finished my cardiac rehab exercises and put up dh's meds for 3 weeks. Just finished that. Can't believe it's already 3 weeks since I did it! Dsonil went to his Mom's to do some things for her.

Think I'll go out for another short walk before I eat my lunch. It's already after 2.

Enjoy all your social events. Kathryn, hope M's fever, etc are very short-lived! Our ds-A was very sick Thursday & yesterday when I talked to him. At 5 he texted they were on their way to Urgent Care. Finally, says I. I still don't know how he made out. Just know he was doing very poorly. Sure all the events of the prior week caught up with him for one. And he did not get his flu shot. Wish it was a requirement for firemen & ambulance workers. He gets quite sick every winter with bronchial things. They're supposed to go to Ottawa to their friends in a couple of days. DGS6 is enamored with all the music from "Sound of Music" & as if they needed another reason to visit Ottawa, there's a sing-a-long with tunes from that on Wednesday, I think. In fact he asked his Mom Sunday in the locker room after hockey, "Mom can we watch "Sound of Music" when we get home?" One of the other Moms asked, "Did he actually just ask to watch a musical?" DDIL's answer was that he loves all things older and musicals. He's definitely a well-rounded kid. :D
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:31 pm

hello d dee oh how special! so happy for this military family
you have been doing so well on keeping up with your exercises!
hoping your d son feels better

hello d lady
good for you on your she cards. seeing that it was too much for the weekends is awesome
good luck with your new routine for the ymca

d kathryn have a great shopping day. glad you are feeling better

waving d nancy
busy day for you! hope it is all that you want it to be.

waving back at you too d book!

My front room/living room looks so much better. I still have some presents to wrap and check through.
hello all.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:54 pm

stalled for a second.... which means I started to look on the computer.
surface vacuumed the family room, took trash out and dishes, surface dusted.

now for the kitchen. feeling stressed... mmm I wonder if I clean the kitchen, will I feel better!
I haven't done my morning routine yet.

3:26 pm central time. kitchen routine done. dw washing the dishes.
now for the powder room swish and swipe. - done :D
next upstairs swish and swipe. done.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:37 pm

Yes, I'm feeling stronger and my brain is clearer and then I hit the wall.

We picked up the items pre-ordered online. That was easy-peasy, dh dropped me while traffic was stopped in the parking lot, went to the perimeter and waited for me to come out and drove towards me, picking me up when traffic was stopped.

He remembered a discount store nearby so we went there. I got carrots and cashews and set of small trucks for dgs. (Actually for one of his two Cabbage Patch dolls who do everything with him, I figured he'd like it if Zak and Arvin got something for Christmas.)

From there we went to a mall that is dying so wasn't as over-crowded. It had a dollar store and I picked out a set of farm stickers for Arvin and a batch of stickers and Christmas tape for my bullet journal and scrubby sponges. There's a grocery store there so I got some of the emergency items but I couldn't think, even to use my list. My biggest problem is Christmas dinner is in 2 nights but Boxing Day is in four. So I have to put off buying the perishables for it.

I also shopped for an ornament for dgs but didn't find anything. Quite often malls have ornament kiosks but this one doesn't, just a Hallmark store. I might try another mall tomorrow on the way to dd's, depending on how the day goes.

I'm exhausted so I'm lying down for a bit before dinner.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:01 pm

Just wondering why someone puts up that "wall" in our lives almost daily, Kathryn. :? Know I hit it too and there's no denying it when it happens. Nothing to do, but rest. Hope you keep feeling better and better.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:06 pm

that wall was at my house yesterday. :o 8-)

hope you get a nice bit of rest d kathryn.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”