wrapping up Christmas and the end of the year. Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

wrapping up Christmas and the end of the year. Sunday

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:28 am

Hello!

How are you doing?

Do you have things to finish - without perfection - for the holidays? Our faith and our families are what is our joy. All the other stuff is not as important. it's okay to let things go that do not add peace to your holiday

Where are you today?

What can you release today - is it important to get it done or is it something you can let go?
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: wrapping up Christmas and the end of the year. Sunday

Postby Nancy » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:49 pm

I am waving to everyone.
Got the eggs peeled, and they still need to be deviled.
I got the rest of the jello made up.
Painted the rocks they are drying so now I can clean off the table, and some cleaning.
I was feeling a bit rough when I 1st got up doing a bit better now yea.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:07 pm

:D hello d nancy!

This is what has been happening the last hour at my house. When the tree was put in I thought it was crooked. dh and dd older said it was is in and not crooked. I used some shims to balance it but boy it really needed. both impatient individuals so i think they figured "it was okay". it had been off the bottom by 2 inches. and I had no idea. and had been screwed into a branch. Today while dh was watering the tree - he moved it (pushed it forward) which caused the tree to fall forward and CRASH! ornaments and water ,from the base, was all over the place. Thank goodness dd older wasn't here because their frustration together and anxiety would have caused more problems.

Dh who gets flustered easily - lost focus on how to help. he started loosing up the bolts and was so so so flustered. you could hear his stress building. Then on top of that the beef bones I had put in the oven at 425 started to smoke - I no longer have a high up pan and the fat splattered everywhere causing the house to be filled with smoke - all while I was holding the tree straight for dd. alarms were blaring.

dh scurried around not knowing what to do. I told him to open the windows as the fire alarms went off. then he was so flustered bc he couldn't figure out how to get the oven to turn off. I asked him to take the pans out which he did and I told him how to turn off the stove.

d old dog proceeded to have a panic attack bc the alarms. we had to give her some meds.

dd fixed the tree, took the panicked dogs outside for me. dd picked up all the broken ornaments and said "hey we can start a new collection". dh swept up the broken ornaments after stepping on more. poor guy. He didn't see where he was stepping. dd picked up the rest of the ornaments.

dh is a little worse for wear. (he wants a fake tree or no tree - poor guy).

oh - while dd took the dogs out the cat pushed her way out and escaped. lol - oh my gosh!!! cat is in again, tree is standing straight, smoke is clearing.
OH MY GOSH :lol: 8-) :shock: ;) :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

cats

Postby cats » Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:28 pm

oh My what a morning you had Blessedw2 hope the rest of the day is great

around here were good been a rough 2 months but I think were finally on the downward side I hope
Next year we hope for a much better year

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:07 pm

praying for a blessed and wonderful 2019 for you d Cats!!!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:11 pm

dd younger is going to make some gingerbread soon. my kitchen blew up this morning. ;) my floor is filthy again. I rinsed it yesterday.
okey dokey

emptied dw just now.
filled with what I have.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:34 pm

Wow, we're quiet here today.

Oh blessed! :shock: I'm sorry you had such a time with the tree and the oven and the dogs! Kinda reminded me of the Griswalds!

We did church and that was upsetting. We are ushers 1 Sunday a month and the other usher at the back on the other aisle thinks everybody died and left her in charge or something. I don't know what her problem is, but I think I'm going to bow out of this ministry.

DD called and wanted to borrow my card table and 4 chairs. So I got them loaded up along with all the boxes and bags and there's a wee little space left for our clothes...and the driver's seat is up closer to the windshield than DH likes, but somehow we will manage. The dining room chair we're taking back to DD took up half the back space. This is an SUV with no trunk, so the bin of tools had to come out and DH put some tools back in tucked in whatever spaces he could find. Oh my. I hope this trip turns out nice.

I am not baking any cookies to take. I have the time now but not the patience.

Did get the dining room all cleared out and the paper and wrappings and boxes organized and back in the closet. It looks nice in there finally.

Since we're all packed, maybe tomorrow will be easier.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:10 pm

:lol: d harmony - poor dh had a hard time with it but it was so much that it was funny!

d harmony I am so sorry that they acted that way. Not really the place for church. my d mil had that in choir. She had been part of choir all of her adult life at the same church and then as a senior (for 20 years). At the senior centre a woman and her son came and made comments to d mil about everything. She finally left. It was such a shame bc they ruined it for her by being so bossy. I am so sorry that happened. People always surprise me.

great job on getting everything packed.

the stock is starting to boil so I can turn it down. I have to take it off the stove at 10 pm. thank goodness our 3 season room is cold. i still have to make the layered jello dish and an appetizer. dd is going to make cookies soon.

counters are clean, sink is clean, floor is vacuumed, dw is on, swiped but not well, the stove, butter defrosting,

Next: flip flop laundry
vacuum first floor
swipe toilets

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:41 pm

Quiet day here. I slept in and dh went to Costco with ds. Dh and I went to see "Mary Queen of Scots" movie - enjoyable because I like history and the filming and scenery was beautiful but movie panned by critics. Anyway, it's raining today and it was something to do. I need to wrap a couple of things tomorrow and buy some cookies to take to temple. Volunteers, along with the other synagogue, are feeding staff, patients and families at two local hospitals on Christmas. The hospital provides food, except for desserts, and volunteers provide desserts, staff the buffet, act as runners, and entertain kids.

I got an email earlier also from a Fort Delaware Society where a relative was incarcerated during the Civil War. I had assumed he died there but he wasn't found in the cemetery, and they furnished info that he had enlisted in the Union Army instead. Need to study this info...I am learning so much about these people!

Need 3,500 more steps, will walk ddog around the block in the rain in a bit, then finish on the treadmill upstairs.

Bw2 reminded me that I need to flip laundry also.

Harmony, I don't know what to suggest to you to get dh to slow down. I'm afraid he will drop in his tracks someday, tho, and leave you alone.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:36 pm

dh smiled when he came back. Glad he is feeling so much better. a trip to barnes and nobles always makes him feel better.

he did ask if i was going to move the tree back in front of the window. :shock: not offering but asking. :shock: that was my look. ;)
dd younger has the dough cooling.
i bought the gifts for the dogs/cats - we exchange gifts from all of our dogs to all the other dogs. d mil started that.
had to get confectionary sugar for dd's cookies.

Next:
empty dw
ask dd to put her dishes in the dw.
my stock is still cooking.
time to clean the sink again, stove is later.

what's left the dog/cat toys - we wrap them (I know 8-) )
fold laundry and put away
ask for help in wrapping presents
make jello
make appetizers
check presents and make sure I am okay.
find make up under sink.

Return to “Post When You Can”