Happy Christmas Eve

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Happy Christmas Eve

Postby Nancy » Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:35 pm

Not able to leave the house bc the dong tky still not done, not going to Cmas eve service or see lite's. Bah humbug. Giving my self an F in cooking.

cats

Postby cats » Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:41 pm

sorry your turkey is not done Nancy. I had that happen to me come todiscover my oven had given up it was only being cooked by the pilot light no where near the temperature it needed.

Check your oven Temperature it may not be working

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:06 pm

Cats - good advice.
Nancy - I hope the turkey cooks okay.

I am so tired and just want to go to sleep. I need to stay up and put together the kids' gifts for Christmas morning after they go to sleep.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:25 pm

Enjoy the pumpkin pie, Dove! Merry Christmas.

Nancy, wanted you to know we also have no celebration happening here. So you are not totally alone in that. But I'm very sorry if your family had some plans and didn't get to keep them all. We had no plans and are keeping the "no plans". lol. There are hints that dstepson may come surprise HRH tomorrow, but not sure. Their household is having troubles of its own with a very sick dog, which meant dstepdil missed going to her mother's house as well. My big Christmas eve wingding will be going to mailbox to see about mail whenever poor overworked carrier gets by.

We ( I ) had a scare this a.m. about 5:30 when HRH was up and about. I got up and asked if everything was alright and he mentioned a sore throat. Panic! But no, he had already realized it was dryness, not bug-related. We turned the humidifier up and went back to sleep. I need to panic much, much later in the day than that. I'm not good at it early.

I enjoyed the new song from blessed and sang the last verse to dd20.

She and I took the car out for ethanol-free and all is well. I left the truck at gas station briefly and we got a few errands done before coming back. I talked about smoke alarms, falling trees and pythons.

HRH is mad today at the whole concept of multiple medical specialties, which he says is a way to pass the buck and say, "it's not my table, the other guy should have talked to you". ( :shock: :? :( ) He has done some research and discovered he should have been warned to stop eating certain foods because of one commonly prescribed med of one specialty, which the other doctors knew he was put on, but no one told him. Sigh. Not a happy camper over the interactions, part of the reason he couldn't enjoy the grandchildren outdoors yesterday on their ONE day here. Now that he knows, symptoms are easing but he has mistrust now.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:18 pm

Turkey is finally done now had a tky San for dinner. :roll:

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:31 pm

Okay. I'm done. Kids gifts are wrapped......not really wrapped but put into bags and stuffed with wrapping paper. I could never wrap kids gifts like this unless I waited until the last moment to do it. Otherwise, it would have been easy for them to remove the stuffing and look at the gift. I have the Santa gifts ready to put out. The kids are both in bed but aren't asleep so I will wait awhile to put Santa gifts out. DS10 doesn't believe in Santa but I have told him to not say anything to DGD7 and just let her enjoy.

No traditional Christmas meal here tomorrow. We voted to have Mexican related dishes.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:05 am

Hello to cats. Somehow I missed seeing you had posted.

Ds came by after his children went to sleep, and got the gifts from our barn. Dd teased him asking where were hers. He came in and chatted with us at the door. Cold out there. I told him how happy I was for him, having this merry responsibility tonight (smile).

Hoping any visions of sugarplums dance without any interruption this year, and let households get a good night's sleep.

Whatever your own visions - dreaming and planning - I hope they are comforting, and strengthen your resolve!

Return to “Post When You Can”