Tuesday Merry Christmas

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Tuesday Merry Christmas

Postby Harriet » Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:08 am

I am thinking of you today,
because it is Christmas,
and I wish you happiness.
And tomorrow, because it will be
the day after Christmas,
I will still wish you happiness.
I may not be able to tell you about it every day,
because I may be far away or we may be very busy.
But that makes no difference--
my thoughts and my wishes
will be with you just the same.
Whatever joy or success comes to you
will make me glad.
Without pretense, and in plain words,
good-will to you is what I mean,
in the Spirit of Christmas.

by Henry Van Dyke
The abridged excerpt from his 1905 book
Spirit of Christmas

LadyMaverick

Re: Tuesday Merry Christmas

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:49 am

Harriet - Thank you for the start.

I wish happiness for all SHE friends.

DS10 and DGD7 had a fantastic Christmas morning. They woke up as the sun was rising. the shouts of joy and squeals of happiness filled the air as the paper went flying. Both of them are pleased with their gifts.

I'm thankful to have this over with. I don't mean that in a Bah-humbug way, but in an "I barely managed to pull it off" way.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Tuesday

Postby Nancy » Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:24 am

Glad family day is over & just us today.
Up on time.
Got journal & planning done.
No snow yet... It rained.

We froze up most of the turkey. Glad it tasted ok
Need to wash sheets. They are in the washer now.
Flip the matress x
I need to finish laundry.
Washer twins are going.

Trash day trash is back from the curb. X

Oven element needs replaced as I suspected. Had to time it heating up. H is going to get one tomorrow he is off I got out my owners manual I knew right where it was. Yea me!
Made Johnny cakes (fried corn bread) on the stove top today as a back up for the stuffing.
No Christmas cookies here today.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:37 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:36 am

Merry Christmas to y’all ...

I had a migraine last night, but I’ve been able to knock it out.

Turkey breast is cooking in my slow cooker. Mash potatoes are made. Making steamed green beans and a barley casserole. Everything is easy peasy.

Drinking coffee and waiting for Sweetie to finish his breakfast and then we’ll
Be opening presents. Already talked to my son and “daughter”. Sweetie’s sister and husband are donfor dinner around 1.

Hope y’all are having a wonderful day. Wishing y’all a merry Christmas and hope Twins is feeling better.... happy birthday to you!!!
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:37 am

Hi, LadyM. I believe all our villagers are super busy this morning! I had expected maybe lots of us here, but I'm glad I went ahead and posted a start. Most versions of that wish from Van Dyke are shortened similarly to this one. He mentions having these same thoughts in our business dealings, etc.

Your "paper flying" morning sounds great. You really pulled it together.

Our green eyed boy and ToddlerC have already "driven" over here this morning in their presents. A four wheeler that is undoubtedly the smallest I've ever seen, and a pretend four-wheeler. They are thrilled and mobile enough to worry their mother, who shouts caution and directions over the motor noises. This is definitely a win for Daddy, I'd say, who has not stopped grinning. Mommy is advocating the other presents at home and suggesting that the batteries will run out in these! At one point she said "let's remember this is day one, please". :)

Our green-eyed boy lost a second front tooth at Christmas morning breakfast. I asked his mother (since she has been to nursing school) whether Christmas teeth are worth more under pillows, and she explained no, all teeth are worth the same under there. He and I were disappointed, but I explained to him that she's the one with the education.

Dd got shirts and Harry Potter AnyFlavor Beans. She ate soap but is avoiding earthworm.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:41 am

Thank you for the start Harriet. It's good to see my friends here!

I am going to have lunch with dmom at noon or so and when we get back we are going by to see other friends. :shock: I asked that we get home in time for a little down time between going to dfriend M's at 6 p.m. tonight, I'm hoping! :shock:

I wrapped up the three gifts I didn't get to yesterday. Tummy has held up although I'm a little afraid of a berry smoothie for breakfast today. Sorry if TMI. :roll: ;)

I need to:
-figure out breakfast, take meds
-make the bed
-change clothes, clean up and brush teeth
-walk the dog
-what else?

Oh my! I love this!
I asked his mother (since she has been to nursing school) whether Christmas teeth are worth more under pillows, and she explained no, all teeth are worth the same under there. He and I were disappointed,

LadyM, WTG on making Christmas magic happen for dgd at your house.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:45 am

Merry Christmas to all my SHE friends! May you have a glorious day and in the days forward.

Dsonil is in a rare mood today! :cry: Decided he wanted a specific mug Oand can't find the cover to it. This mug has been on an upper shelf since last spring at least and I, for one, have not seen the lid! DD and I have looked everywhere that we can think of. He was griping about it convinced that we hid it on him. Right. So DD finally simply ordered him 2 new lids! Vent over. But then he proclaimed to her at breakfast (which was gift from DS-R & family from O&H bakery in Racine, WI -yummm!) that next year, "Let's just go away somewhere." Sure that's because his dd never appeared yesterday (no surprise there) and he has to get his Mom and bring her here this afternoon. Plus her 'roomer' is going in the hospital so dsonil is facing going and spending nights with her. And he's really begrudging that. Oh well, this too shall pass. Sure his mood would improve if he actively was pursuing finding a job. He kinda waits for one to fall in his lap -not happening probably.

On a good note, we're doing well and are going to simply enjoy the day.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:41 pm

We did face-to-face video with DGS12 and DGD8 this morning as they opened their gifts. It brought joy to my heart to see DSon and family in such a happy environment.

I've texted Christmas greetings with DBro, DSis, DGS21, and several nieces and nephews. I've called and listened to DMom this morning. I've posted FB greetings.

DD called DGD7 this morning and said she was an hour away but was headed this way. DD asked DGD7 if she was ready to go home with her. DGD7 said, "No, I want to stay here". DD told DGD7 that she would come and get her for a few hours then bring her back here. DGD7 agreed to do that. I'm not pleased with the direction DD is going with DGD7 care (or rather lack of care) but I don't know how to turn it around. I have tried everything I can think of over years and most of them just made things worse. I have gradually come to accept that people (including DD) are who they are. Trying to change them won't work. Just gotta love them like they are.

Product Review for Uncooked Tortillas(found in the refrigerator section). Never ever try them. If you do then going back to regular tortillas will be impossible. The uncooked tortillas are SOOOO GOOD they raise the tortilla bar so high that others can't compete with them.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:35 pm

LadyM, at least you are there to make a difference for dgd, and you and dd aren't estranged, so you can have a part for dgd.

Home from seeing dmom, had a nice lunch and then had a singer/guitar in for holiday music, so I left dmom listening to the music.

Change of plans on afternoon - dh had never really checked back re dropping in on these other friends, so they were going out. I'm honestly just as happy to be home.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

cats

Postby cats » Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:46 pm

Merry Christmas
Spending a quiet day home with hubby
After the last two months with the medical issue it's good for peace and quiet.

Tell you another day about what was happening with him

Everyone enjoy your day

Return to “Post When You Can”