Tuesday Merry Christmas

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Re: Tuesday Merry Christmas

Postby lucylee » Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:36 pm

Merry Christmas to all!
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:37 pm

And to all a good nite.
Sheets are back on the bed.
Got the laundry folded.
Tied the warp on the back beam of the floor loom.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:50 pm

I got in a nap and folded three loads of laundry and put away. Dfriend M now wants us to come at 7. Turning into a long day. Dh is watching TV.

DD came by and is off to go eat Chinese w friends now.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:03 pm

I'm posting on my phone and just wanted to say Merry Christmas to all.

Happy birthday, Twins.

We are having a really nice visit with dfam#1. Weather is nice, about 70*. Dinner is almost ready now.

I enjoyed reading the poems here today. Wishing everyone a nice evening. And to Lynlee a nice visit with dfamily yesterday.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:36 pm

Merry Christmas!

Not much going on here. We are catching up on sleep, eating party leftovers, and watching tv.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:27 pm

Like Booksaver, not much happening here.

I took the morning off from being healthy and, aside from the light therapy, did nothing for my health. I had candy for breakfast and a soda and popcorn for a snack while watching a movie in my pyjamas.

It was just a Netflix holiday movie so I broke into it a few times, started turkey soup, tidied the kitchen a bit, and phone calls.

After the movie ended, I got dressed and dh and I had lunch at 2.

Then we slowly started to think about cleaning up the apartment. Dh got the bedrooms vacuumed and I mopped those floors, then we went for a 2 mile walk along the river, reaching the beach at sunset.

We're home again, feet up. We just watched DD's videos of their present opening. We need to vacuum more, and dust and mop and figure out dinner. We're too stuffed to eat but I need veggies so I'll at least have some of those leftovers.

Dinner last night was good company but the bought meal was disappointing. As a result there are many leftovers. The cranberry sauce wasn't sauce at all but slightly cooked (as were all the veggies, it was as if things were waved near a flame for a moment, not cooked.) I boiled them down today and made sauce. It is too gingery for me but I have a muffin recipe it will be perfect for.

We won't buy a cooked dinner again but for this year it bought me peace of mind so that was worth something.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:29 pm

Happy birthday, Twins!

We had a nice time at dmom’s. Home now... tired...
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:15 pm

We enjoyed leftovers for dinner this evening.
I got the warp tied on the back beam.
36* was our high temp. Today.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:26 pm

The thin "Cranberry Sauce' which was really a soup, turned out really well when I cooked it and let it cool. And as I thought, the strong ginger taste was a good addition when it was used in muffins. They are extremely yummy. I'm so glad I found that recipe (the first time I made cranberry sauce from scratch I ended up with way too much so search the internet for alternate uses for cranberry sauce.)

I whipped up the muffins while dh vacuumed the living and dining rooms after our walk. Then we had dinner (I made up a layered casserole of turkey with gravy, the root vegetable medley and the tasteless apple/cranberry/sausage stuffing.) It was edible but not worth saving the leftovers for lunch tomorrow. Tomorrow night's dinner is leftovers from the party and turkey once more and then I'm done with it. I'll freeze some for soup. The meal was supposed to feed 6 with no leftovers. We had 5 eating turkey and we still have enough to feed 5 - 6 more people. That is a testament to how dried out and tasteless the turkey was. (It was brined so guaranteed to be juicy and tasty, yet it was neither.)

The stock has been strained. We washed all the dishes so we are starting tomorrow fresh. Then I had time to vacuum the kitchen before 9 and then mop the floors in there (and the rest of the other floors.)

I cleaned the guest bathroom after emptying the bucket.

Now I'm off to bed. I'm exhausted. I forgot my melatonin last night and woke up at 5:30 (only 6.5 sleep and not uninterrupted) and never got back to sleep. My melatonin is under my tongue now so I won't forget!

My brain is hurting from the worry that I won't be able to pull off tomorrow. I have a planning list and the apartment floors are clean, it is mostly tidy and only dusting is left. I also want to set up some extra Christmas lights in the bedroom for dgs tomorrow night.

In the morning his mattress and the bassinet for dfs's baby will be set up. Then I'll get to work on making up a grocery list for dh (we need fresh vegetables.)

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:44 am

Thanks for putting the tortillas link in, LadyM. Since it immediately tells me it's not available in my area, that lets me off the hook of trying them! lol! But of course I may have just missed other brands that are right at my stores, for all I know.

I called to wish a merry Christmas to a cousin who lives alone and seldom has visitors. He said I was the first call he'd had today so that made me glad I called. I had invited him for our Thanksgiving, but he had a virus then and so that wouldn't have worked at all.

Dstepson and dstepdil came by and brought gifts. They gave me a ridiculously soft robe - ohmigoodness it's like the minky fabric for babies, I think, lol. HRH got a heavy plaid shirt-jacket and dd a gift certificate to the "Bloomin' " corporation of multiple restaurant chains. Can you guess their flagship restaurant? lol. I must be out of touch. I had no idea a huge parent company had been named for a menu item - I think that's a hoot.

I wrapped (bagged, really) the last two gifts. They can be taken by parents to children who won't be coming by as usual this season. Now wrapping can be put away, leaving me with no particularly needed seasonal changes, except putting up the card wreath. Maybe I'll consider focusing on Valentine's Day and over the next month slowly change orange/browns over to some red/pinks.

The HVAC people have let us know they will be here in the morning. So we're back to that again. Tomorrow's the day we WERE supposed to have HRH's second outpatient treatment in the morning but it was rescheduled to the next day Thursday. Now it conflicts with dd20's dental exam, scheduled 6 months ago, although she could of course go on her own while we go an opposite direction. It's just that now the HVAC people want to do this over a couple of days and we assume ( oh, who knows) that they mean consecutive days. So she's considering rescheduling in order to have someone at the house while they work. She'll probably reschedule and then they'll go to some other job that day leaving ours half-done for a while. In fact, that is probably more likely, within my experience.

Thoughts of 2019 organization and planning are slowly sneaking in to my brain. Anyone else?

Return to “Post When You Can”