Wednesday that feels like Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Wednesday that feels like Monday

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:12 am

Or.....Wednesday the Day After

Or....Boxing Day

What a weird week with two Mondays, one filled with Christmas prep and one the day after. And Kathryn's traditional Boxing Day party as well!

What's on your list for the day? More celebrations with family? Getting things back to normal, whatever that may be?

Do tell!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Wednesday that feels like Monday

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:21 am

Good morning! I am trying to get moving this a.m. to gear up from several days that felt like weekends. I did do some laundry and folding yesterday.

I'm trying to decide what this day will be. More R&R? Genealogy? Organizing?

I should do the Goodwill, library and shelter run today, and get those things out of the garage.

I have body work at 10 a.m. - neck has been funny so will try to get that worked out. My fitbit is still resting in rice with a dessicant pack next to it. I don't see water inside it when I look at the display, but I want to give it plenty of time before I put the battery back in and try it again.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:53 am

It does feel like it, doesn't it?

Twins' I meant to tell you that I've discovered about myself that my smoothie drinking of mostly fruit is fine for every-other-day. Depending on the rest of my meals, which may also have fruit, more often than that can feel like too much fruit. I have fresh greens, a couple beet slices and a teaspoon of almond butter in there as well, but the rest is fruit, so I space it. So IKWYM about TMI.

blessed, a "meant to tell" reminds me I meant to tell YOU that I appreciated the video you linked from Dr. Carter about dealing with narcissism. I watched most but was interrupted (story of my recent life). I don't have much interaction any more with the direction of family in which one adult child now says this has been the struggle, but I remember many years of having to deal with the confusing fringes.

HVAC guys are here and HRH is saying that with him here, now would be a good time for my errands.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:09 am

Harriet: I had a omelette and beans for breakfast yesterday. Still not sure I want to try fruit yet.... :roll:

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:26 am

No, forget that early-errands idea. It is a frozen world still. And it turns out dd can't go with me to give any extra help now because she needs to go in to work.
So for now I don'wanna. Will keep on with routines around the men.

Oh, and Twins', about the smoothies, it's best I don't forget that when my smoothies have "silken" tofu, which is about half the time, that's beans in the mix as well and beans always demand respect. (lol)

(Since I know I'm headed into busy-ness for coming days)
2019 Cleaning Focus Forum is started!
Although Maintenance we're in now is still "stickied" for another few days, the 2019 Focus Calendar and new First Round thread are up. Monday starts our Porch and Entry week for anyone who has those areas as part of their rotation. Otherwise, your own first-up plans are interesting to us!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:51 am

It is a getting back to normal type day here.

It is the last day of no homeschool for us this month so we won't have that to do today. I am going to use that time to set up 2019 filing system for paperwork. I talked it over with DH and we agreed on the new filing system.

I made the decision to not do SHE cards for the last couple of days. I am ready to get them set up and back to normal use again.

Tonight is normal Wednesday night church service. DH and I are cooking lasagna, garlic bread and salad for 70 people.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:54 am

Thoughts of 2019 organization and planning are slowly sneaking in to my brain. Anyone else?
Yes, on my mind all too much right now. I've not done well with keeping track of scheduling over the last few weeks & have been put in a bind here & there because of it. I'm trying to get our calendars and 'to-do' lists up to date and figuring out when different appointments are back north.

I slept very poorly last night. Went to bed early as we wanted to hit W almart early (what a bust that was). I woke up at 11pm and didn't go back to sleep until after 5am. I awoke with a start when I heard an alarm -thought it was my alarm for a moment. Then figured it sounded more like a fire truck going by when they have their fog horn going. Later realized it had to have been dh's tones on his phone. When he finally found what it was he realized it was an ambulance call for dgs25. Diabetic in nature -after texting with dgd23 she said he's had a bad cold or flu for several days & that they think it threw him into ketoacidosis again. Won't know for sure till his labs get back.

We were going to go with dd/dsonil to a funeral this afternoon for our 'adopted' son/daughter (his Dad passed away early Saturday morning.) But I'm so weary that I just know that I need to stay home. Hate not to go, but wisdom tells me I need to stay here. Know they'll understand.

DD and dh have taken the dogs to the dog park. The puppy kept whining and running to the front door as dd kept asking her what she wanted. Finally said, "Do you want to go to the park?" Oh my gosh, did she ever bounce around then! She figured they had enough time to do that. They don't have to leave until a little after noon. Service is about an hour away.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

helia

Postby helia » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:15 pm

Hello friends! I'm taking a bit of an introverted breather today. Our household has shrunk from 9 to 6 for a few days. Dh took dd23 and friends E and C to the airport. Dd23 is off to the religious org (her employer) national conference in St. Louis, and E and C are renting a car to drive to Ohio to visit his family. They'll be back on Saturday. Dd23 will be back January 1.

It's been fun but also a LOT of work feeding and providing activities for 9 people over several days. And Christmas Eve dinner here was for 12, including the C family, and Christmas dinner was for 13 as a single older woman from church was also invited last minute. Dh and I have decided there will be NO COOKING in our house today, which means we'll probably go out for dinner tonight. We do have lots of leftovers in the fridge, but I'm not sure there's enough for 6 people. . . And now I need to make a menu plan for the rest of the week and go to the groc. store again b/c we're running very low on some basics around here. I'm not feeling motivated to do that, but I need to.

It's been good to see our friends E and C, but a little tiring too. They talk a lot, so much so that if one's in the same room as them, one must expect to be engaged in conversation. In the beginning they were both talking AT us rather than with us - and sometimes they talked at the same time; after a couple hours of that the first night they were here, I wasn't sure I could survive their visit. But they kind of mellowed out on that specific habit as the days went by. They are very dear friends, though, and we're happy to be able to host them, despite it being a lot of work. And honestly, having so many people in the house meant there were more conversation partners for them to engage with, which was helpful. Dh was also helpful in reminding me to escape to another room to manage my introversion; early on, dh, myself, and dd23 were intentionally taking turns with E and C to give others a break. And C claims she's an introvert. :?: I completely don't get that, but that's not my business to get, I guess.

Christmas day was very nice, though! In the morning, Dd20 and I experimented with gluten-free cinnamon biscuits, and they turned out OK, though shaped more like scones than biscuits. We went for a group walk in the afternoon. There was lots of meal prep and present wrapping in the afternoon too. Then, the C family arrived and we did our gift exchange. After that, everyone pitched in to finish getting dinner, and we got everything together amazingly fast! Dh made his seafood paella, which turned out really good! I made a mac 'n cheese casserole b/c we weren't sure the paella would be enough for 13 people. It would have been. We also had green beans and garlic sauteed in freshly squeezed lemon juice, a salad, and gf baguettes. After dinner, J5yo helped me assemble the chocolate trifle and dd23 made the pumpkin pie. Our single friend made Thai iced tea. We had plenty of sugar!! After dessert, we lit the candles on the tree and our small German Christmas pyramid and read a Christmas book. We collect children's Christmas books.

Back to today. . . I will take a bit of a break today. I will go to the grocery store and possibly the vet as Pepper is now limping on the leg where the skin infection is located. I'd also love to enjoy our sunshine with a jog!!

Thanks for listening/reading -- if you did. ;) I hope all of you have wonderful days recuperating or organizing or whatever is on your plate for the day.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:12 pm

Did talk with dgd23 and dgs has been diagnosed with a severe strep infection. But, that has thrown him into another bout with ketoacidosis and he's on his way to ICU. That in itself is quite dangerous. He did end up going to closer hospital (where dgd works as an RN) rather than the big teaching hospital he always goes to, Hopefully he'll soon be on the road to recovery.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:27 pm

hello everyone!!!

(((d dee dgd23))) hope the pain goes away fast! (((d dee dis))) praying for him!!! I know he gets frustrated by having to go to the ICU so often... so scary. praying for both your grandchildren.

hello d Hela! I love that you are having a introverted breather today. It's nice that you invited this woman from church.
Dh was also helpful in reminding me to escape to another room to manage my introversion;
what a wonderful husband to do that for you!.
If she says she is an introvert she probably had social anxiety and makes up for it by talking so much but feeling inside anxiety.
Hope pepper heals fast!
I hope you are getting the same weather as us.. it sounds like it! enjoy a nice jog out in the sunshine!!!

hello d dee
Jumping up and down... ME! ME! ME!!! to your quote of d Harriets! .
oh so cute re: dog.

hello d lady. Oh a wonderful statement... getting back to normal type day! it feels good doesn't it? but cooking that much lasagna sounds like a huge undertaking. wishing you a good day.

hello d harriet. Glad you liked the video. I found that video really helpful for me. thank you so much for putting the 2019 focus up!!! I may not always post in it but it is part of my basic weekly plan and helps me focus. (lol as much as I can)))

hello d Twins! thank you so much for starting us - and look at you -- already doing laundry - awesome!

hello d everyone.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”