Weathering Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Weathering Thursday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:39 pm

Dd texted around 11:30 that the attempt was over. No luck turning the baby but also no baby arriving today. Her C-section is now booked for Jan 8. First thing in the morning so I'll sleep over at her place on Jan 7 and by then we'll figure out what we'll do with dgs, keep him here or over there.

I made up grilled cheese and bacon sandwiches for lunch, along with cut veggies and dip. The kitchen is still a mess but I'm taking a few hours off now that they've left.

Dd took the leftover egg rolls and dsil took most of the corn bread. Dd is in an 'eat everything' mode right now so she also took a good portion of baking and 1/4 of the chocolates I was given yesterday. There's still a big plate of shortbread cookies (along with my own baking.)

We have now made plans for dh's birthday and New Years.

That's all I have to report now. Dgs was happy to go home but also asked that I come home with him. His Daddy explained he'd see me in a few days. Today's the 27th and for sure I'll see him on the 31st.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:41 pm

I am going to take a break and go spend some time at the Y. DS10 will go with me because he likes to "work out" with me and he is old enough to be alone when I'm in the showers. I'm leaving DGD7 with DH.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:44 pm

I am starting to miss dd younger already even if she hasn't left yet ;)

I hope my mom is d mom when she gets there and now that she got things out of her system she will be good. I hope there aren't any games played trying to put one dd against another. dd is a little nervous. she worries about our old dogs but once she is down there she can get back to fitness out doors again.

the kitchen is finally caught up from Christmas - a third load of dishes are in dw washing themselves.
my desk looks spiffy
my kitchen floor has been vacuumed and swiped.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:51 pm

hello d lady. have fun at the Y. I know I thought the planning ahead was a great idea. lol - your dh is like mine. (he keeps his cards in his wallet though). I bet those bangs look cute!

hello d kathryn I know your dd wanted her sweet baby delivered today. it's so hard to wait when you are so ready!
so sweet that he wanted you to come home with him!!!

hi d dee

hi d nancy. wonderful on working on your planner. so happy you had a nice morning of solitude
so happy you saved money and it came in time for your stove

My nephew and his sweet significant other has had a new baby boy! so happy for them. Their daughter now has a new baby brother.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:04 pm

We are back home. I've unpacked most things except for the gifts.

Lots of things went right. Lots of things went wrong. I am trying to put it all into perspective.

Dinner at XDSiL's was very nice, steaks on the grill and he cooked and did most of the hostessing with DD helping. His apartment is nice, modern, in a big complex one could easily get lost in (I did). We stayed over there because the ride to other DD's in the dark would have been hard and maybe dangerous. DD told me 408 toll road is all construction and even she doesn't go on it at night.

Next noon, got over to older DD's townhouse. No trouble finding it. Lots of quarters in the toll booths. She wasn't mad at us for not coming the night before. We were wall to wall people at both places. Card tables lined up made a table in the middle of the living room. ALL the Christmas food was eaten up. We decided that with all the teenage boys now adult size the portions need to be much bigger! It was funny but we all had plenty. Just no leftovers.

Day after Christmas instead of coming home we stayed; went to WM which is 2 blocks away from her; got C.Cards and wrapping paper 50% off. Went out to dinner and other DD and 2 sons came too. Nice.

Trip today after breakfast was absolutely awful. Dee should appreciate this: from Oviedo on 417, it splits - the left Y goes to east coast (wrong direction to us) the right Y goes either West or South (dont remember) but BOTH ways are marked 408. No clue where 417 goes or disappears to. We followed Garmen which directed us to the right and we ended up downtown Orlando. Couldn't find 417 again. We ended up on 408 for a while into that bad construction area. Got off, not wanting to go to Turnpike :roll: and some awful awful roads ended up into Kissimmee. One place I will never drive in again: Kissimmee.

All over the place from there until we found 17 and of course lost it several times; got lost in Winterhaven finding it a 3rd time; was on 27 for a while; IT WAS 5 HOURS GETTING HOME. I was sick at my stomach by the time we got here. We had maps. Printed from computer. Brand new FLorida map from bookstore. Our GPS. We don't know what to do differently. GPS just kept trying to get us to go onto any Toll road which we kept rejecting and resetting to NO TOLLS... it's lucky we made it at all actually.

So in the middle of all that, we got the message that our first cousin's husband has passed away in the hospital. :cry: He'd been sick a long while.

Going to try getting caught up on sleep. I've discovered I can't sleep while I'm away any more. I think I've had about 4 hours this whole trip away.

DGS is with his girlfriend in Omaha Nebraska at her grandparents' place, probably into all this weather. I hope he can get back in time to get back to school. They flew there.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:16 pm

Waving from Friday.
tmeds taken. A wildlife pounding dogs early morning again. Maybe I dozed again after that. I didn't look out at what was going on.
bfst, shower have happened.

I have a train to catch in at next hour. I want to give myself extra time to get to the station so there is no 'rush' up the long hill. I seem not to do rushing up a hill. The trip takes an hour.

Instead of keeping the end of my book for the train trip today I finished it last night. A great ending. Some endings are full of berevement and uncertainty at the end.
If I was good I'd take someting to write letter on in the train. Perhaps the cards that don't fit their envelopes. I'll need to buy some A5 size envelopes for them, or see if something smaller if that will fit.

(((Harmony))) I'm glad you are home safely.
There are some horror stories of people ending up in quite the wrong places following google instructions.
Tourists on a tidal mud flat, driving down a boat ramp, etc.
I know - most other times it works well.

edit to add - best wishes and prayers for all.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:23 pm

Wow, Harmony! I sure do know what you mean. DD takes 429 to 408 and the turnpike thrown in for a short while, and smack into middle of Orlando to the Amway Center. We often take 417 to the airport or around Orlando up past Sanford. Know Kissimmee well and actually the gal who was my Maid of Honor lives there. Do we get over there to see her? Not all that much -think once. We hop right on I-4 after we leave the Amway arena after a hockey game and I wonder how dd navigates it. So much construction and weaves a lot! Even at 10pm there's a lot of traffic! Not my cup of tea for sure.

Just went out for a short walk. So with that and some cardiac exercises at least have my exercise in for the day.

DD and dh are going to Trivia tonight. I decided early on I wasn't going. Just too tired out. I hit a wall about 1 o'clock and semi snoozed for a little bit. But know I'll surely hit that wall again by 8 o'clock. Since we won a couple of weeks ago, our leader told us to just bring tip money tonight. Dh was there that night too so he doesn't feel bad taking part in that. Believe it will only be our team leader, dd and dh. The other couple who usually come buried his Dad yesterday and he has to go back to Dallas tomorrow for work. Think 'she' is going with him for a few days. Will be good for both of them.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:16 pm

heading to the airport
praying for a safe trip for her.

hello d lynlee - happy Friday to you!
hello d harmony.

i will come back and read how you are doing.

heading out. hoping the air port isn't so busy

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:28 pm

Oh Dee, I did say 417. The route you described in reverse is just how we got from DD's to other DD's Christmas Day. But in that one Y spot of 417 headed South, the 417 number just disappears and we had no idea which Y to take, both said 408. We didn't want to go back to the Turnpike.

408 is just a mess right now, cranes everywhere, and lanes cut off. I don't know how anybody lives up there.

DD always tells us to just stay on 417 till it ends, get on I4 for a short while and then go SR 27 and 17. Sounds easy if 417 didn't just POOF! disappear at that Y. :roll:

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:40 pm

I call my sis and we had a good talk.
H is home part came in h. Picked it up the oven & stove are working again now yea!

Return to “Post When You Can”