Weathering Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Weathering Thursday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:39 pm

On treadmill. Barely moved today.

Watched a Hallmark holiday movie after dgs left but didn't nap as I should have. I also finished building the trainset configuration that uses every piece of track. Just to say I did. Took a picture.

The living room is now finished being turned back to holiday normal. Chairs and plants are back where they belong. Dgs' toys are all put away.

Then I worked on the kitchen, emptying the second load of party glasses and putting them away in the dining room, and then using the empty tray to bring in the dirty dishes from lunch. Starting loading up the dishwasher and then dh washed up the hand wash items while I moved the dining room chairs back into place and gathered up all the baking. I also emptied the fridge and we decided what of the leftovers we would get to in a day or two and which would be tossed or frozen.

The fridge now has a two lists on it, Food in the Freezer and Food in the Fridge to be eaten. I've frozen most of my baking and some of the gifted baking I wish to keep. I've made up a list of leftovers for the party on New Year's Eve.

We then cooked up some of the leftovers for dinner, watched a tv show, then washed up the hand dishes and ran the dishwasher again. Everything is now clean (I'll unload the dishwasher when I make my tea in the morning.)

At that point dh wanted to watch a movie in our bedroom (we have comfy chairs in there) and but that triggered our cleaning up the playpen and dgs' mattress and put those things away. And we roughly made the bed.

So aside from the baking I'm still nibbling at, the apartment is back to holiday normal. So I'm on the treadmill desperately trying to make up some steps. As of last night, I was back on track for my weekly average, then today I was 3500 steps short, which would be really hard to make up so I decided to at least add 2500 tonight. I am watching the time because it is getting close to my cut-off time for making noise.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:32 pm

I was able to finish 1.3 miles before my curfew so have my steps for the day.

Dh took pictures of ds cooking with me (he helped with the cornbread at breakfast and then the grilled cheese at lunch.) So I posted those in dd's facebook group for family picture sharing. And a picture of my train set-up using every piece we have.

Edited to add: as for our topic title today, we get the weather tomorrow. It was very cold today, will warm up through the night so we'll get snow starting soon, then freezing rain, then rain through the day (it will be above freezing all day and overnight to Saturday.) I'll likely be walking inside tomorrow as well, unless the warm-front comes through before the freezing rain hits.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:46 pm

Nancy you've gotten a lot done.

Cathy, sounds like a lovely vacation.

Harmony, so glad you are home and not still searching!

Safe travels are wished to Lynlee, helia's dd and blessed's dd.

So very tired from appt that took several more hours than supposed to. Long drive as well.

Got home to find half the house quite cold as there was one part/supply workmen didn't have, and they were just that close but couldn't go further. Dd had an unusual day hanging out here while they worked but she enjoyed some jewelry making.

Thankfully, we are headed into an unusual warming trend while it rains, (topic title), and right now is the coldest we'll be until Saturday in the wee hours. It actually warms up some through the night rather than cooling - not comfortable, but a lot better than it might be. So maybe the other unit's heat will get us through.

Still, I think HRH and I will sleep in the LR where it will be warm. I don't know if dd can sleep in her room, though. :? Will have to think whether someone can sleep on the recliner. If not, I'll bundle up and sleep in our bed and they can have the two couches on the warmer side of the house. I really want HRH warm enough on this particular night if it's possible, so I can just have adventure sleeping.

Cold nose, warm heart. Isn't that how it goes?

Did an extra load of laundry this evening but that's about it for the day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:07 pm

My nephew sent a picture of the new baby - so happy for them

D Harriet stay warm!

D Kathryn good for u 1.3 !

Sweet dreams all❤️
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:59 am

still awake - dd youngers plane was delayed but are over Georgia now. I love that flight tracker. but getting really tired. :D
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”