Weathering Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Weathering Thursday

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:06 pm

DD just found a post that fits me to a "T" this week: "I've accomplished nothing this week -everything's going according to the plan!" :D I've actually been pretty tired out so am trying to take it easy for a few.

We opened our gifts today. Ended up being a very good plan. Christmas Day ended up being our 'worst ever'. Dsonil's Mom was here and caused a horrific scene that put dsonil in a horrible mood. She ended up having him take her back home not too long after they got here (he went to Plant City to bring her here). He then blamed DD for everything and there was such a pall over the day. By yesterday, however, he realized that it wasn't dd at all, but his own Mom that had caused such a rift. And he was fine. Today was great! At any rate I would highly, highly doubt that his Mom will ever come here again. Sad. But she's the one who has brought it all on herself -ostracizing her entire family actually.

Dsonil made a gorgeous sign for their campsite up north. Knew dd would like it, which she didn't. :? She LOVED it!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:49 pm

Dd dropped in because she's bored at work and wanted to delay getting there as much as possible. It's very slow this time of year and she just needs to endure it and be in the office for awhile each day. She's salaried but needs to keep appearances up.

I didn't let her sidetrack me too much, had her talk while I did things and help make the bed and load the goodwill stuff in my car. :lol: Then with keys in hand I took off! Got those three drop offs done, and also went by drugstore. They called the other day that they had a limited supply of the second dose of shingles vaccine, so I went and did that. I also needed gel eye drops - noticed that mine are expired. I need them a lot of mornings after using cpap because it dries my eyes out.

Dee, I saw the sign on Facebook, it is lovely! What a cool thing to do. Sorry your Christmas day was marred by family dynamics; you're not the only one it's ever happened to. Dkids remarked on how friends and their dd that we were with on Christmas eve were all on best behavior - some years there's a spat. Of course, things like that have never happened to us. ;)

Wow, just increased the reservation for Sat night for dh to 11 people for dh's birthday. :shock: I hope we still spend a little time with Z! DD said that ds picked up him at airport yesterday and they hung out yesterday afternoon.

Rain is still off and on right now.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:57 pm

it's still raining.

praying your dd to feel confident and hang in there during this slow time! d twins
yay on getting your stuff dropped off
I hope you have a lovely time at your dh's birthday gathering!!!

hi d dee
"I've accomplished nothing this week -everything's going according to the plan!" :D this made me giggle

(((for your d son in law))) does she have alzheimer tendencies. leaving home causing issues? so cute about your dd loving the sign! awesome.

hello d twins.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:58 pm

Response to roof crisis is underway. I spent some time on the phone and located a storage building to move the clothes into. With a few more phone calls there are several men and flatbeds to do the moving. DS10 went with DH to help. DGD7 is here with me.

I've prepared a large pot of beef hash which will feed a crowd if needed. It needs another couple of hours cooking then it will be done.

I am thankful for SHE cards that keep me on track in doing things in small chunks of time. Otherwise, I suspect I would freeze up and shut down with being overwhelmed.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:58 pm

emptied dw.
filled dw.
I still have a stock pot with dishes in them.
counters cleaned.

hi lady! yes! on being thankful for SHE cards!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:00 pm

I had to pop over to FB and look at the sign. Oh my, Dee! It is beautiful! Your DSIL is very talented!
1. Know what you want.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:01 pm

I have been watching a video by Jordan Page about how she and her husband does a goal/plan for the year. This includes vacations, activities etc. it's a basic goal. Does anyone do that? I know I have had great success on a learning goal each year (2018 was the first year that I haven't taken the time to learn or do something).

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:36 pm

she and her husband does a goal/plan for the year.

I think that is a great thing to do. We tend to fly by the seat of our pants. I plan 1-2 weeks ahead. DH is not a planner. His idea of keeping a calendar of future events is putting his doctor appointment cards on the refrigerator. I would like to do a little dreaming about possible vacations and months to do them.

I've trimmed my hair and decided to give myself some bangs. I go back and forth on the bangs. I wear them for a year or two then let them grow out.
1. Know what you want.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:58 pm

I have spiffed up the counters.
Yes I think I have seen some vids by Jordan Page yes on planning & goal setting ~ read on...
Worked on my chore list migration from one purse sized planner to the half sheet sized one.
Got some quotes in the yearly dream big planner notebook sized one.
Put some verses in the happy planner classic size I will be using it for my verse of the project in the new year.
Worked on the table putting away planners as I did each one.
Journaling is done and put away as well.
Had a delishious morning of solitude h is at work h ave soft medative music on.

I have a couple of letters to write.
We had a bit of snow I noticed when it finally got lite.
Made the bed.
Oven el ement is in.
Considering pb & j for lunch.
Chili for dinner.

Some good news I hoarded back some of the Christmas cash $ it sure came in handy for the stove element
that us our Christmas I said. :idea: Last year got my new vacuum.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:09 pm

Yes, he is talented, gals. He does amazing art work, completely freehand. He should be out selling it.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Return to “Post When You Can”