Friday to End the Year

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Friday to End the Year

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:18 pm

Happy Anniversary wishes to Norma & DH and
Happy Birthday to Norma! (belated from the 25th).

Homeschool is done for the day. I take a small amount of comfort that I am not totally unorganized in all areas of my life. The homeschool curriculum lesson plan is very organized and I have good habits implemented that always keep it updated. If I can do it in one area of my life then it gives me hope that I can be organized in other areas. I need this hope to hold onto so I don't become so overwhelmed and that I give up on the paperwork chaos.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:15 pm

I paid my real estate taxes in November. We get an extra 1% off each month before January that we pay and that motivates me to get it done. One year I remembered on the last day of November the tax office was open, so now as soon as the bill arrives I make a plan to take it in. I always take it in instead of mailing or doing it online. I feel better with their paid stamp and dated and initials so they can never say I didn't pay because they credited some other account. I have had that happen with other things.

I guess I can say I am organized with my paperwork. I have to be with the business stuff because there is just too much of it. So it's part of my morning routine. After vitamins and cleaning up kitchen and getting coffee I go look at my desk. Usually 6 days a week. If I do some in the evening I might not have anything the next morning.

But I suspect y'all are way more organized in your homes than I am. I'm always playing catch up especially with focus stuff. And occasionally with my cooking too. Not sure about dinner today. I'm running out of meats and if the one I took out of the freezer too late doesn't thaw in time....

Had to go to church and pick up my papers there for after the 4th Sunday of the month...and I stopped at store and got a few things.

Got my desk cleaned up and all the receipts logged. Big statement is there needing attention, though I'll not pay it till 2019. I don't like to deal with a lot of outstanding checks at the end of the year.

Cloudy but no rain. It's mid 80's too. If we were like this all year long this state couldn't contain all the people who would come to live here. It can almost not contain all the people anyway, with a good portion of them leaving the heat of the summer.

I did look up that durn toll road that caused us to much trouble yesterday on mapquest and even there it was hard to figure out just what way we would have gone to stay on 417. Just 1 road sign would have solved all our problems. We came across several very wrong road signs on our way home yesterday, but at this spot it was just non-existent.

Thank you for catching that, LadyM. Happy belated birthday wishes to Norma and Happy Anniversary! I hope you've had a couple fun days.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:45 pm

It is so dark and dreary outside (no view, bad fog) that the Christmas light timer came on. We have one that triggers when it is dark and then stays on for X hours. Today, it was on at noon!

We won't get the warm temps forecast this morning (it was to be mid 40's) instead we'll hover at the freezing point.

We're hearing heels on the wood floors upstairs, moving from room to room. I suspect it is the rental agent showing the new tenants around for final inspection while they pick up their keys. She has very fashionable boots. The new tenants' lease starts on Tuesday but we were let in 3 days early so I suspect these folks are as well. We are so excited to find out what sort of people they are!

I've got two loads of laundry done.

I did open all the mail and found one small cheque but nothing due. I should go down and pick up the mail from today.

I've booked a workout for Monday at 8 a.m. Way too early for me, but the only date available. Then my trainer goes on holidays for 2 weeks. Really I should wait but I'm anxious for her to assess my gait and offer any tips to work out this limp.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:24 pm

DH found the church's checkbook. He had it in his left hip pants pocket the whole time he was looking for it!!! DH is very methodical. The checkbook always stays in 2 places. It is always in his right hip pant pocket or the huge briefcase that is devoted to church papers. We spent some time talking through each step of what he did after the last time he used the checkbook. It was the night the storm hit so we thought in the confusion of flooding and losing power maybe DH did something different than normal with the checkbook. He spent a couple hours this morning searching for it all through the house, searching two vehicles, calling the elder who signed the checks on Wednesday night (hoping that elder forgot to give the checkbook back to DH), DH called someone that lives near the church building to search it, he called the bank and asked their advice what action to take. He checked all of his coats and anything that has a pocket that he could think of. DH still doesn't remember putting the checkbook in his left pant pocket this morning.

Soon to be exDSIL and DD are having drama and we are being dragged into it. I'm sure that has a bearing on DH lack of focus.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:06 pm

LadyM, glad your DH found the checkbook. Every time I lose something it's usually a very obvious place or where it's supposed to be. I scoured the house one time looking for keys that were hanging on the key rack. I find things in DH's pockets in the hamper. Important things.

Checkbook lost was in my purse.

One Christmas gift for DGS was a "finder" AP for finding his stuff. Had a couple sensors to put on stuff to find. Was a big hit this year. We all lose stuff.

I've been working on that statement. I still can't get it to work out to balance. AK!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:26 pm

Eeek! I went right by Norma's name on Christmas Day. Saw Twins b'day and Christmas and thought there was nothing more till today. Happy Belated Birthday, Norma. So sorry.

DS-R called us a while ago to tell us a very dear long-time family friend died Christmas night in his sleep. He was 59. He'd told his sister he didn't feel good and was going to bed. He never woke up. Know DS-R is pretty devastated by this news as will DS-A be. Did find out that they found out the 2dgks could get into Canada with their expired passports. They should be in Ottawa by now, though the weather doesn't sound great there, Kathryn. Know dgs6 is very excited that they're going to a "Sound of Music" Sing Along. He loves that movie. He's so well-rounded!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:28 pm

I got out and walked the dog and lap and then walked myself several more. That put me at 6900 steps, within striking distance of 8K I hope.

I have been off today, I don't know if it was the shingles vaccination yesterday or what. Tomorrow I need to do a substantial amount of planning for the short 3 day, 2 night trip and get to the grocery. We are also having a dinner out tomorrow night for dh's bd - the event that has ballooned to 11 people. :roll:

I'm going to get in the shower. We are due at 5:30 at friends' house for dinner. I am going to be overwhelmed by socialization by Tuesday!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:30 pm

Spent time fixing the auto-focus on my phone's camera. It stopped working in October and I kept thinking it was me. Nope - it looks like a software update messed with the camera and I needed to mess with the camera myself in order to make it fix itself. Putting my finger over the auto-focus laser as the camera app opened up appears to have solved the issue. We'll see if it is a permanent fix.

Apparently on Samsung phones, the trick is to shake the phone while opening the camera.

In previous attempts, I'd cleaned the lens, changed the action to take a picture and put the phone on 'self timer' mode (so the touch of my finger wouldn't shake the phone while it was taking a picture.) None of those things worked.

Unfortunately, there's a long list of moments since this started that are captured but blurry. The most precious is dh reading to dgs on Christmas Eve. There's a sort-of-OK shot but the rest are crap.

BTW: Asus denies there's a software problem and tells everyone reporting it to send their phone in for servicing. Thank heaven's for the internet and people sharing the weird things that fix problems.

I really should be folding laundry. But I got distracted. Two hours ago.

Norma

Postby Norma » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:55 pm

AHH Thanks you guys for birthday and anniversary good wishes. (And I forgot to get on here and wish Twin's Mom Happy Birthday on the 24th. I think I always wish her HB but I am getting a little feeble minded. So, Twins I hope you had a good one. :) )

So glad your DH found the checkbook! That is so upsetting.

Great weekend everyone. :D
I go to nature to be soothed and healed , and to have my senses put in order. John Burroughs

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:12 pm

Happy birthday dearest Norma and happy anniversary to you and your better half!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”