Friday to End the Year

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Friday to End the Year

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:13 pm

d kathryn that happened to my camera on my phone as well. all shaky (nope.. not me... lol well maybe :lol: )
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:19 pm

dd younger called. she lost her debit card. so she cancelled it but doesn't have any money so she will run to the bank.

dh is super content. he misses dd younger but he got done the things he wanted to do today. He made a donation - we got lots of candy and he stopped by the donation place and see if they wanted it. (still wrapped) and they did. so it is gone out of our house.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:17 pm

Happpy Happpy Birthdays and Anniversaries to all those with extra celebrations at Christmas.

I'm getting packed up here. the extras from shopping, a couple of gifts, and wotnot I happened here with but never used. How to squish them in. The box with fancy tea cup and box of special tea think will be in with the light back pack things.

laptop into rear side of shopping cart. I just need it all draggable and carriable by me at the one time.
suitcase on wheels, shopping cart with cold goods, food, books and the wotnot, handbag always heavier than I think, back pack for light weights only.

pooof and I unplug here.

Waving on my way past.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:19 pm

Home from a successful trip to town.
** DMom now has a huge knee brace. It is about 20" in length with 6 straps to pull & connect in order to put the brace on. I questioned whether DMom had the strength in her shaking Parkinson hands to pull all those straps. DMom didn't try it but she insisted that she would be able to do it.
** I had a test and PA gave me a prescription for antibodies. Hopefully, I caught the UTI before it flared up big time. PA suggested I get some AZO cranberry tablets to take with me on the trip since my access to a bathroom will be limited.
** Spent a long time standing in an incredibly long line at WGreen pharmacy to pick up DMom's prescription.
** ordered pizzas for DH and kids from Sams and picked them up when I went to get my prescription. Sam's pharmacy only took a couple of minutes.
** Ordered and picked up my pizza from a local place that makes pizza with cauliflower crust instead of dough crust. It is soooo very good.

I told the kids we are going to have a quiet evening tonight. I am implementing the digital babysitter and giving them access to their tablets to watch movies. I need some down time before tackling the next couple of days.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:41 pm

hello d lady, hello d lynlee, hello d norma, hello d kathryn, hello d twins, hello d dee, hello d harmony, hello d everyone.

I am too pooped to pop. more like a slow fizz. 8-)
I don't have the heart to do anything else. hoping to go to bed early.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:46 pm

Happy bday greetings to Norma and happy anniversary to you. Both!

Our team is in bowl game this evening. No dinner for hubby, he is to get labs tomorrow.
Not sure what I will have.

Got half of the loom warpeded this afternoon, headed is woven yea I can begin weaving next!
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:25 pm

On my mind…
I actually did some planning last night – goals for the coming year – as directed in my new planner. (I wrote it all down on a sheet of paper from my spiral-notebook journal though, b/c I didn’t want to “mess up” the planner. How silly…)
I’m trying not to set myself up for failure – as in: Lose 15 pounds. I’m trying rather to set goals I know I can control: Walk outside some time each day, exercise 15 min each day, drink water daily… etc.
There’s a lot of stuff I really do need to start focusing on. I’ve been retired 5 ½ years now; I need to get my act together and quit drifting through each day at the mercy of everyone else’s schedule.
I know family needs have to come first, I mean, that would be my first priority anyway – but… I tend to have no “plan” even when family is NOT in need. So I am hoping to exercise a little more self-discipline (physically and otherwise) in the new year.

Today dgd and I returned keys to the ass’t living center, stopped at the cleaners, and went to the post office. After that, we sorta vegged out and watched our college team in the bowl game and * wonder of wonders * we WON. By an AMAZING score. The men in the family were at the game – dh, ds, dgs, dbil, and dnephew – so I bet dgs had a BALL. I believe the score was 63-13?
Dgd has been very good all day and played and had a nice time and it’s really been a pretty quiet day around here.
I got the laundry finished – except I need to fold and hang up a few more items – and I s/s the baths and cleaned dh’s shower. This was HUGE, b/c with Christmas and my own bout with the crud plus dmom’s post-Thanksgiving crisis, NOTHING has been done around here in quite a while.
I had to vacuum the kitchen yesterday b/c a glass jar fell off the refrigerator. * sheesh *
I think it just vibrated and got to the edge of the refrigerator before I realized it. Suddenly there was a VERY loud BANG… and there it was, all shattered. I was pretty sad, b/c it was an older canning jar, the kind with the wire that goes over the top to secure the lid… and I think I got it from my great-grandmother’s when duncle sold my grandparents’ house. * sigh *

Messy weather here last night too, but it cleared off today – here at home and at the ballgame – and the temperatures weren’t too cold either. Lots of flooding on the local news, but no problems right here that I’ve seen in my outing today.

Oh – guess what – dgs’s Christmas ornament – that I realized too late was coming from CHINA – arrived yesterday, so he was able to get it on this year’s tree, just a few days late… and yes, the parking pass finally did arrive, yesterday afternoon, so all was well that ended well.

Did I miss Norma’s birthday too? Happy birthday – AND happy anniversary!
I may have missed Twins’ birthday too… Happy birthday, Twins!

I guess we are organized with paperwork, but it is mostly dh. He kept the tax notice lying out in plain view on the kitchen counter from October till the first of December, I think, and then I paid it. I pay in person also, Harmony. There’s no incentive to pay early here though – they should do that.

Oh, I lose stuff ALL the time… right now I am missing a pair of reading glasses. Very cheap dollar-store reading glasses, but still… I wish I knew what happened to them. I’m glad LordM found the checkbook though! That would be nerve-wracking, especially when it involved other people’s property, too. That was like dmom finding her keys in the pocket of her coat.

LadyM, hope y’all have a great trip. Will y’all be watching the big ballgame tomorrow – the one with your state team and my state team playing? I’m pulling for YOUR team you know… makes my dmom so irritated with me, LOL.
DGS was watching a football game Christmas evening at dmom’s – it was the University of Rhode Island and somebody, but the score was really small on the screen and he thought the URI was UAB. He came into the kitchen where we were still eating and announced, “I’m pulling for UAB because Alabama hates them so much!” Of course, there sat dbro, an Alabama grad, and my dmom, a lifetime Alabama fan. We just LOL. (Dbro is so NOT into sports, he probably doesn’t even know who Alabama plays tomorrow, or what time the game is.)

Well, my crew should be home soon, and I haven’t washed the dishes that have been in the sink since Tuesday…
But my bathrooms are clean and the laundry is done. :P
Tomorrow is another day.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:23 pm

Dbro is so NOT into sports, he probably doesn’t even know who Alabama plays tomorrow, or what time the game is

LOL! Your DBro and I have a similar level of interest in football. When you asked if we would be watching the game tomorrow I had to pause and think...."What game?" Then I remembered the insane number of FB posts from friends awhile back about winning another Heisman trophy and winning some game that meant we played Alabama for a bowl game. Apparently, those are exciting football events if you live in my state. ***YAWN*** I did just pause & go check what time the game is tomorrow (7pm). I'm sure DSon has a plan for him and DH to watch the game. DSon is a big football fan but he doesn't attend every game. Each year DSon always gets some of his lifelong friends together for a few days and they attend one of the away games as a group. DDIL has about as much interest in watching football as your DBro & I do. I do love to hear the excitement that others have for the game. Congratulations to your team for the big win today!
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:32 pm

Oh, is someone playing ball? I didn't know a ball was in season. ;)

I have been thinking of LadyM's household and the lost church checkbook, so am very glad to find that's all figured out. Now if I can just find my set of the truck keys. :roll: There's always something missing, but please, let it be my own and not someone else's for which I was responsible!

Mr. Guy and Norma, many good wishes headed your way for birthday and anniversary.

Lynlee, I evidently had you traveling a lot earlier in my mind! LOL! Be safe!

After a nap that I was able to keep short, I awakened with a second wind and have laundry in now. Most of the evening dailies done.

A healthy smoothie is in my tummy, and I hope it balances the fast food burrito I ate with dd20 today, lol. I feel better.

We did go to both M and HL craft stores. She found her supplies and I found scissors and a new-to-me brand of needle threader. Just the same old manual kind - nothing fancy. But brightly colored and sturdier, I think. She got her banking done.

Dd and dstepdil are at wmart and can pick up HRH's supplies that were needed, saving me a trip tomorrow. I just took a photo and sent to her phone. I need all the errand-breaks I can get.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:17 pm

Its just past 1pm here, and I'm home, somewhat unpacked, and fed.

I still need to unpack my suitcase. There's lots of things to wash in there.

I feel there is a nap in my future. The chaise with my legs up over the back rest will be good.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Return to “Post When You Can”