Last Saturday of the year

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Last Saturday of the year

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:28 am

What does your Saturday hold?

A friend posted - "I love the smell of fresh ambition in the morning1"
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Last Saturday of the year

Postby Nancy » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:15 am

Snow! Is what I got up to this morning less than 1/4" of an inch.. It is supposed to melt off.
Seems I am fighting a bit of a cold so I will be taking it easy and take care of myself is the plan.
Waving to all!

Went back to bed it helped.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:29 am

I love the quote LadyM! Safe travels to you and dfamily and wishing you a wonderful time with the out of town family too.

I am working toward lists this a.m.: "Do" "Go" "Pack" and grocery list. I don't think I could handle more! We are going to the "rustic" cabin tomorrow afternoon for two days and hoping for the best. The big chunks for today are groceries, making soup to take for lunch on Monday and needing about 8K steps.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:36 am

Maybe I need to take better heed of that "smell", LadyM. Certainly have lots of good thoughts before I get out of bed. Some days it's downhill from there. Hoping today is one of the good ones. Slept fairly well last night until 3am. Then was up at 3, at 4, at 5. Some time after that I fell back asleep. Dh, dd and dsonil have all gone to the flea market. I just finished my breakfast and am sipping the last of my coffee. Made myself clean off the island counter BEFORE I had breakfast so at least that's done. Now to take care of the clean dishes and do up the few left from yesterday. Then I'm going to start a soup for lunch with leftover scalloped potatoes. Did that up home and it really tasted good. DD made a huge pot, then there ended up only being the 4 of us.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:51 am

good morning dear ones! good evening after noon d lynlee

oh my gosh I love that d lady!
"I love the smell of fresh ambition in the morning!"

hope that cold stays away d nancy!

hello d twins. I hope you have a lovely time at the rustic cabin. cheering you on while you reach your steps.

hello d dee. praying today is a good day!!! yay on cleaning your island. cheering you on through your day as well.

hello everyone!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:56 am

I can't believe it's the last Saturday of the year!

It snowed yesterday night and now there is a nice light blanket of snow on the ground. (only an inch). where is my 2 ft??? I love seeing the snow especially when the neighbourhood kids build their snow people and forts.

I woke late. i woke at 4 hoping I would wake up again at 6. my phone died and the alarm didn't go off. But I do feel very rested. 8-)

goals:
lol I made a work order for myself. (what I do to trick my brain :lol: ). I was always a good employee and when given a task I would finish it...I always laugh that i can't do that for my home. lol
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:42 am

Just heard a garbage/recycle truck coming down the street and raced outside with our recycle, which wasn't picked up on Thursday. Made it! And started filling it back up.... :lol: I'm so glad I heard them, dh had brought it back inside last night when he was moving things around in the garage.

Am going to get the day started in a few...list making still in process.

Trying to figure out breakfast...still cautious about the fruit. :lol:
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:01 pm

Quick post, just finished breakfast.

I took a lot of time today and set up my bullet journal both for next month and next week. Tomorrow is dh's birthday so I didn't want to spend too long on it tomorrow, thus working on it today.

Since I had not realized today's date (the 29th) I was not fully cognizant of the fact that dh's birthday was tomorrow. I decided we'd have a roast beef dinner and invited the children. Dd and dgs will come (dsil doesn't like most beef and will likely stay home, we'll see him for hours the next day.) I haven't heard from ds yet.

Dfs called to say they would take the ugly toffee off my hands (they are going to a party that is themed "ugly" - sweater, hairstyle, food - so that will be their contribution.)

We have a party this afternoon and I still need a hostess gift. Dh knows how much theirs to us was so there is more pressure. He keeps saying just buy chocolates (they gave fudge) but I hate getting extra sweets at this time of year so refuse. I will get some pretty napkins and other hostess supplies, though because I love getting those.

We also have year-end banking to do and a long walk in the same direction to get something for dd. I need to look that up, the request is in an email from ages ago.

So that's my next focus after I finish eating. I'm going to have some leftovers now (yes, I just finished breakfast but I'm still hungry.)

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:13 pm

Last quarter of the year also. Probably nobody but me needs to know that.

I did my 2 quarterly reports and 1 is submitted online and the other is in the mailbox. I could do them in January but when I change years I try to limit the number of things I need to look back on. I had the payments in about 10 days ago, but not the reports.

Got a calendar up for 2019 by my desk. I use that all the time. When I sit down to write checks I never know the date until I look. I fixed up the checkbooks to start out in 2019. Wrote a couple checks that will be sent out next year. Next year...sounds so far away doesn't it?

Does morning ambition smell like coffee?

Slow train here towards tax day. Now why did I have to remind everybody about that?!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:17 pm

Morning...

Baby it’s cold outside!!!! 32* in the desert and I’m loving it!!! I wait for cold weather every year. We turn off the heat at night and I open the window. This is the best sleeping time in the year for me. Last night Sweetie found me with my face in front of the open window. He asked... what are you donning? Smelling and feeling the cold air on my face.

Yesterday I bought a heavy fleeced blanket and made a cover for Willis’ bed. He is very short haired with very little on his belly. He also has skin issues that we’re dealing with and the sweater that he usually wears as pjs seems to be aggravating it. I cut and hand sewed the covering and had quite a bit left over. He spent the entire day laying on it yesterday... guess that means he likes it.

My necklace that Sweetie gave me for Christmas is ready to be picked up. He gave me his moms diamond ring to wear but it is a dinner ring and something I didn’t wear. I asked to have the diamond made up not a pendant to wear. When we wear at the jewlers the fellow that was helping us asked if I wanted a halo around it. Sweetie didn’t know what that was so the fellow showed him a ring with a halo. Sweetie looked at me and said... go for the sparkle!!!

The woman who called Sweetie last evening told him the necklace was ready to be picked up today and added... I’m jealous. I’m excited because we determined the main diamond is from his mothers original engagement ring which sweeties dad gave her. They divorced when Sweetie was in 8th grade and he ended up living with his dad... unheard of at the time.

Anyway sweeties much like me... all my good jewelry has a story behind it and Sweetie said it meant a lot to him that I wanted to honor his parents. Sweetie and I grew up living next to each other as kids. We played all the neighborhood games together till he moved away when I was 15, so I knew his parents. 35 years later we reconnected. Both his parents lived here so I was able to reconnect with them as well. His daddy was more like a father to me than my own. Love making this guy happy. There’s a reason I call him Sweetie.

LadyM .... I am one of those crazy people who love football. One of us will be happy after the game is game is over. It’s the back stories about the main players that is making this particular game so interesting.

House is in good shape. Gonna take my tree down today. Safe travel to y’all as you hit the roads. Off to start my day!!!
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Return to “Post When You Can”