Last Saturday of the year

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Last Saturday of the year

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:43 pm

did food prep for today and some tomorrow.
tomorrow is cooking day or baking day... I have lots of bananas so I will make muffins for freezer for dd older's freezer.
make chimichurri to use up cilantro - freeze what I don't use.

compound butter made.
cut up shallots for tomorrow.
pulled chicken for tomorrow

thinking of making lentils for lunch tomorrow.

the dishes from today are in the dw washing themselves.

things left that I need to freeze - peppers. maybe eventually make stuffed veggie peppers with browned turkey and brown rice.
weird that i am cooking again now that Christmas is over.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:44 pm

yay d kathryn for your walk!!! well done.

thank you again for sharing that about the cash. I think I really need to focus in again on just using cash bc I didn't follow my budget for Christmas.

d rose I love hearing your stories of when you were a child!

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:02 pm

a quick wave from newyearseve eve.
I'll attempt to begin a I mean to continue.
quickclean of counter top where I needed to 1/2 and box tmeds.
quick clear of outside table and chairs.
30+ min of prayerful reading and writing. Remembering how that really really helped me.dressed. bfst done.
Next is quick clean of teeth and face done, otd to bus.
church today.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:06 pm

I need to head out to walk the dog, and then walk some laps for myself. After I unloaded groceries I started the soup that I'll take with us - Mushroom Barley. It takes a long time because one starts the barley and broth simmering, then sautes all the other ingredients to add.

We have a dinner reservation for 7 p.m.

Waving back to Lynlee!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:13 pm

Hi!

My Roomba is making me clean! Floors have to be clear to run the Roomba, so they are staying clear of clutter. Roomba gets turned on and then I start a load of laundry and get into the kitchen to empty dishwasher and refill it. Today I deliberately shut the Roomba into the bathroom for a while so that it would get the entire room. Then I did the same with the bedroom. Made sure the cat wasn't under the bed and then closed the door. We have a very large bedroom. Nothing is left on the floor anymore.

After those 2 rooms were done, it was time to let "her" get to the rest of the house. When she went to dock, I got the mop and bucket twins ready to rock and roll. The living room and bathroom floors got done and then the kitchen.

I also got the 2 ceramic Christmas trees put away and the very large and very bright green cookie jar of Santa munching on a cookie while sitting in an oversized armchair. That armchair is right out of the '70's for sure. My mother-in-law made it when she was doing ceramics way back when.

By the time the floors were dry, all the laundry was done except for the sheets and those will get done tomorrow.

Supper tonight is pork chops in mushroom gravy by request. I have a huge turkey defrosting in the sink. He will go into a fridge later tonight. I just really wanted a full turkey dinner with cranberry sauce and scalloped potatoes and mashed turnip and stuffing. Dh wants the freezer space. This was an unexpected turkey that was given to us as a "tip".
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:20 pm

Pre Christmas I was asked if I'd like a notice in the church newsletter for a lift to church.
Resulting answer came from the people who live 'in the heights' above where I am, and the streets around here are on their way. By coincidence, those people sit near me in church.
Today I decided, accept the lift even though I could take the bus, because I need the connection to others.
(I can catch a bus back to do my shopping later.)
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:44 pm

That’s wonderful, Lynlee! The people nearby who will be able to pick you up for church, I mean.
Dmom is still driving herself to church, but IKWYM about needing “connection.” She is sooo at risk of isolating herself. That’s another reason I’m thankful for the physical therapy. It forces her to get out of the house.

Speaking of which, I have not done at all today! Just s lazy day of ballgames and naps and reading a book...
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:27 pm

Party over and we've walked to the pub for dinner.

With the right clothes I don't get cold but that doesn't make the walking less tricky.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:49 pm

isn't that a danish saying that it is not the wrong weather. it's the right cloths that fit the weather.

hope you enjoyed your evening d kathryn!

hello d lucy! so glad your d mom is going to church and going to therapy. Ballgames, naps and reading books are something! i hope you had a lovely day

hello d lynlee what a nice thought someone at church suggested. so happy you had a ride to church! good for you!

hello d cathy, lovely about the roomba! well done!!!! yay on putting things away. turkey dinner, potatoes, and turnips and stuffing sound wonderful.

hello d twins enjoy your walk! I love mushroom barley - I haven't made that in a long time. have fun at dinner.

hello d all. listened to kat tonight. she has been on twice a day lately for questions and inspiration. lol boy I need it.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:50 pm

dishes are still washing themselves.
I took the tree down and dh moved it from the steps to the front of the house. I know he doesn't like a real tree but the rest of us love it. It is officially at the curb.

I still need to put away the ornaments - I found a couple more broken ones.

Return to “Post When You Can”