Last Sunday of the year

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Last Sunday of the year

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:45 am

This year is coming to a close very quickly.

Hopefully, we can each spend some time reflecting on our successes this year and make plans for next year.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Re: Last Sunday of the year

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:36 am

Visit with DSon and family has gone like a dream so far. I am very thankful.

It took us almost 7 hours of driving to get here. I had to make frequent stops because of UTI. Thankfully after being on the antibodies for 24 hours the symptoms greatly eased up.

The tour of DSon & DDIL new-to-them home is almost indescribable. It is overwhelming. Incredible. Unbelievable. I had seen pictures of the home but they didn't do a good job to prepare me. The home itself is one thing.....the amount of STUFF the previous occupants left is another thing.....the renovation underway is another level of astonishment.

The home is huge (8300 sq ft). Three levels. Everything is massive. The walls are 8". The ceiling are 12-20' tall. Every door throughout the home are at least 10' tall. Everything is so massive that I was struggling to take it all in. I started counting bathrooms....I think there are 10. Three or four of the bathroom are "normal" size but most are not. The bathroom in the master bedroom is broken up into 4 rooms and they are bigger than our living room. Fireplaces. I tried to keep count of them too. I think there are 8 or 9 of them. I have been trying to remember how man rooms there are in the house but those are too many to count. I kid you not. As I said....I found it overwhelming.

The previous owners were a married couple that are both successful lawyers. They moved to a different state and bought another massive house there. But they didn't take all their furniture and STUFF with them from this house. I assume they planned to come back for it, but didn't. Instead, that couple then moved to another state leaving another massive home behind them. DSon & DDIL got a deal on this home because the previous owners wanted to get rid of houses that they left. But that meant the amount of STUFF is as unbelievable as the house is. I can't describe it. Rooms full of nice things. nice nice things. A library full of 100's (thousands?) of books that look brand new. They even left a car (Mercedes)!!! Really. Pool table. A room full of exercise equipment. The completely equipped theatre room...including a commercial popcorn machine. Closets full of clothes thas never been worn. Name brand clothes. I'm talking Prada purses. DDIL has had salvation army bring their semi truck FIVE times to haul off STUFF the previous owner left. Overwhelming. Unbelievable.

DDIL has spent the past 2 months with construction crews doing renovations to the house. She hired a person to manage the construction crews but DDIL is there almost every day because of the massiveness of everything happening. There wasn't anything "wrong" with the house when they bought it but DDIL wanted to make changes. DSon told her to do whatever she wanted. Most all of the flooring is being changed....from one color of to another color/pattern. Four or Five of the massive bathrooms are gutted and all new everything being put in. All cabinets are custom built. All the walls and woodwork are being changed. All the lights in the house... a massive amount of lights. Too many for me to comprehend. I counted 15 lights in the living room. Not small lights like my home has.....but 2' and bigger lights. DDIL said the current construction manager/crew will be working through February to finish what they are doing now. Then she is going to switch to a different crew and direct it herself. Overwhelming. Unbelievable.

Today we are going to spend time at the stable so DGD8 can show us her horse and developing skills riding it. DGD8 best friend is training to compete in the Olympics. DGD8 hasn't committed to doing that but she does take riding lessons 3 times a week so it isn't out of the question for her to choose to go that way.

DH is finished getting ready so I gotta *POOF*
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:22 am

Winds woke me in the night are still blowing here. :shock:
It rained too.
I had breakfast.
Worked on bujo.
Did 30on stat bike.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:36 am

Happy Birthday to the spousal board twins: Ken in Canada and Twin's Dad!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:42 am

I'm up. Didn't sleep as well as I had for the previous two nights. Then again, today I have something on. I'm thinking there may be a connection!

The table is set.

Dd phoned. She's stressing over tomorrow night's dinner. It is at a restaurant but no restaurant had been chosen. So, while I ate my breakfast, I went through google and came up with 10 options, all locally owned since we were trying to avoid chains. All were billed as family places.

I need to s2s next and then get the kitchen prep done. Things like write out the menu so I can see everything that needs to be done, and then start baking the birthday cake.

Today I also have to pack my Go-bag so I'm ready to run if we get a call from dd. She finally talked to her midwife who reminded her that if her water breaks it will be a 9-11 type emergency, otherwise it is urgent and no time to dither. So having me ready to go is part of the plan.

Dh is going to a movie this afternoon and then he'll pick up dd and dgs. That gets the car seat into our car so we are prepped for tomorrow night. I need to remind ds to clean out his car because we need seats in it for adults.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:17 pm

hello dear ones. d lady i am so happy you had a wonderful time with your grandchildren!

I have been putzing on the computer so I have to go but I am waving at all of you!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:39 pm

We are getting ready for our two day trip to the rustic cabin, taking enough food for a week I believe. Also taking books both physical and downloaded on iPad. We are expecting two days of rain. :o Don't know if there's internet there either, although it would be fine without it. I am hoping for a few quiet hours for planning/thinking for next year.

And thank you in advance for the birthday wishes for dh! And wishing a Happy happy birthday to Ken in Canada as well!

I need to s2s and get things moving here....
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:18 pm

Going shortly to pick up a few groceries and so dh can get 9 gallons of water.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO TWINS DAD AND TO KEN! Hope they both have a wonderful day.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:06 pm

happy birthday both d twins dear dad and to Ken (happy birthday ken!)

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:10 pm

hi d dee
hi d twins
hi d kathryn
hi d nancy
hi d lady
hi d everyone!

wishing you an awesome day.

did my morning routine - with the dogs it took 48 minutes.
folded laundry that dh had put on table - he took it upstairs and I will put it away in a bit.
did some paper stuff not much
kitchen vacuumed, rinsed.
rinsed off dining room table
put stuff to ship to dd younger together (doing that tomorrow)
menu plan partially done. I have lots of things in the freezer.
rinsed lunch dishes and they are in the dw. omelette with veggies and an ounce of cheddar low fat.

I thought I would never say this but boy I am glad Christmas is over...

you should see my family room. d dogs... fuzz everywhere.
I have a sheepskin rug that we brought out for the dogs when we had to no electricity and they fell in love with it. they are old dogs so I can see why it is a hit, but the fuzz!!!!

I still need to vacuum the first floor and rinse the surface only.
flip flopped laundry - dog blankets are being washed.
l

Return to “Post When You Can”