Last Sunday of the year

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Sunny

Re: Last Sunday of the year

Postby Sunny » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:31 pm

Happy Birthday to Ken in Canada and Twins' Dad!

Hello to everyone.

Today is my quiet day. Dh and I both slept in this morning. I heard the alarm at 8 am, shut it off and slept for another 45 minutes. We watched online church, got our breakfast, fed dMinnie. I cleaned up the kitchen and finished morning routines. We've also had lunch. Now it is time to relax a little.

It's nice to read that Lady M's family visit is going well. Wishing Twins' Mom and dh a relaxing time with dfriends.

Last week was a busy week for dh and me; I think this coming week will be easier. We had a nice Christmas with dfam#1. Wednesday was a much needed errand day. First stop was downtown to pay a gas bill, next was post office, then on to the V.A. for doctor appointment for dh. We didn't get home until after 3 p.m.

Thursday I had a message to call my dcousin. When I called she informed me that her dh had passed away Wednesday afternoon. The operation he'd had in the morning to help him breath better must have worked, but he was just too weak to continue on.

Friday morning ddil#1 and dgd21-K picked up dh and me and took us shopping at W-M. They bought us a new vacuum sweeper. I must have mentioned in passing some time ago that ours had broken.

This afternoon I will spend some time planning. I have a long grocery list started. I want to get my planner calendar going for 2019...transfer birthdays, anniversaries, etc. from this year, then all I will have to do is put the new pages into the binder. I also want to make up the budget for the new year.

I sure hope that the new year 2019 is kind to us all!
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:32 pm

I still remember the year you guys remembered to wish dh Happy Birthday before I did!

I'm making progress but need to stop for a moment.

Birthday cake is baked but needs to cool and then be frosted. I let it cool 15 minutes on the counter and now I'm giving it 15 minutes outside, then I'll bring it in. I hope the rapid cooling doesn't mess things up.

The recipe is for a 2 layer 9" round cake. My layer pans are 8" round so I made a small loaf version with the excess and will keep that for some time when I have people over for tea. There's 4 - 5 small servings there.

I remembered, while in the shower, to make up the mulled cider. Same thing happened on Wednesday! Anyway, I've started it on high and will drop it down after an hour. I also discovered I really did have to go to the bulk store yesterday. I knew I needed baking powder but we bought that at the grocery store instead. Today I realized I'm out of allspice so had to add extra cloves, cinnamon and nutmeg as a substitution. I hope it is spicy enough (all three of those are already in the recipe.)

I have frosting to make and then Yorkshire pudding mixed up (they get cooked after the roast is resting.) And then do the math on timing for dinner. I know the roast should take 100 minutes and I told ds 5 p.m. Dd should be here around 4 but she'll have dgs in tow so that could be more distracting which is why I'm working at getting things ready to go now.

I've run the dishwasher and washed up hand items. So those need to be put away as well, in order to make room for the dinner dishes as they come off the table.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:40 pm

hello d sunny! hello d Kathryn!

yay on progress d Kathryn!
yorkshire pudding and roast and everything sounds delicious!!!

hello d sunny! I am glad you take a quiet day. how lovely. So happy you had a lovely time at Christmas.
I am so sorry about your d cousins dh! my prayers are with them.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:41 pm

laundry went off. time to flip flop again. I need to vacuum the dining room before dh comes home. he loves to sit in the dining room on Sunday and read.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:19 pm

╮╭╭╮┏╮┏╮╮╭┊┊┊┊┊┊┊
┣┫┣┫┣╯┣╯╰┫┊┊
☆☆┊┊┊
╯╯╯╯╯┊╯┊╰╯╭━┻┻━╮┊
┏╮┊┏╮╭╮╮╭╭┻━━━━┻╮
┣┫★┃┃┣┫╰┫┣╮╭╮╭╮╭┫
┗╯┊┗╯╯╯╰╯┃╰╯╰╯╰╯┃
━━━━━━━━━╯╳╳╳╳╳╳╰

I can never get real fondant icing to drape so nicely - will have to live vicariously through text.

It was certain to be an overwhelming tour, LadyM. Glad your visit with your ds' family is happy and safe.

The last Sunday of the year means painstaking to-the-penny organization in my treasurer work. HRH has spent some time tweaking my spreadsheets and also showing me that a "mistake" I thought I saw, was only my own misunderstanding of the travel of info between two spreadsheets. I do this work with some efficiency, but he's the guru. I attended a meeting at church after worship today and that budgeting is close to finished.

We've brought a friend of dd20's over, plus pizza, which tells you how together I am as far as cooking, etc. I did make a very wholesome fried-rice/quinoa skillet meal yesterday, full of veggies. But last evening with 99 % of evening dailies done, I neglected to push the start button on the dishwasher. :roll: And what with the meeting, too, that seems to have signaled a day-long lateness cycle.

HRH is super interested in dd's friend and conversation, even to the meaning of her unusual name, which tells you how lonely he has gotten, at times. He looks so forward to someone coming over, then waffles between conversation with them or avoiding them reluctantly, remembering his restrictions. The young man will not see dd or us until Tuesday because a few days ago he saw young cousins from TN, who turned out to be sick with a stomach virus, and he is trying to make sure he's not a carrier.

Sunny, I was sorry to read about this loss of your cousin-in-law. Especially difficult after an operation that was hopeful.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:29 pm

d harriet that is gorgeous!!!!!!
you know d harriet you do a great job! well done on working on the spreadsheets and checking it twice (lol I am sure it is more like 3 - 5 times). And also look at the 99% done.... a push of the button on the dishwasher can be done first thing. yay to you for what you do!

(((HRH))) totally understandable. dh when he was sick, he felt so isolated. so happy he was able to enjoy your dd and her df!
your dd's young man sounds like a lovely person!

we have had (our area) lots of stomach flu! my d niece by marriage has it really bad. 24 hour bug.

have a great evening!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:33 pm

today I:
got my dailies done.
made a hopeful plan for this week
did paperwork
did laundry (all upstairs but not put away)
vacuumed the first floor
took the old dogs out a couple times. they can't go too far.

time for checking account check tomorrow.
I am adding unfinished crafts to the next couple of months (Sunday's especially)

I have to make dinner soon.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:09 pm

Still on the mend kni doing and footbal.
Mmm cyber cake looks awesome, happy bday to the fellows!
We had dinner I spiffed up the counters.
I enjoyed call the midwife.
Waiting for the next load of laundry to fold.
Both of our teams won this weekend one collage one pro.
Did a bit of weaving have the next rug started with the actual weft now.
Got quite a bit of knitting done did some on the crochet shawl as well.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:19 pm

Happy Birthday Mr Twins and Ken in Canada.
Another successful year is one where there is another birthday, imo.
May they enjoy the year to come, and may joy come to their families/ Twins and Kathryn too.

Waving from newyear's eve.
a load of washing is on the line.
breakfast is eaten.

I've started with my wish list for goals for the coming year.
atm I'm just working on spaces in what has been a non event as a bujo, and going for a don't break the chain type 31 x 12 check grid per goal. 2 of those fit nicely on a page.
Well some of the spaces are not so wide.
I guess its my don't miss using a space miserly mindset.
Any that I manage to do these last 2 days of 2018 will sneak in there at the start.
dd#2 showed me her 2019 grid for tossing 2019 items. She has made a head start with her 5 /6 daily goal.

Lady M - Woohah re the huge house. On so many levels it's a massive undertaking.
Servants?

Next up for me - readings and response.

Also
I think I'll redo my 8 hrs in bed goal half page (making it for 6mths) and add 11pm bedtime to that page, though its likely not to get many entries at my current success rate. I could write the time in there, and colour it if I have wonderful success. I need to build success into these plans I make. Making the record is part of the goals success as it keeps the goal in mind.
Tiny habits could say the goal is to write the time in the box.
Maybe I need a ready for bed check box.
Its like putting on sneakers to go walking being the goal pass mark, whether or not you actually go for the walk.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:56 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO KEN and TWINS DH!
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”