Monday, Poised and Ready

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Monday, Poised and Ready

Postby Nancy » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:30 pm

This year was good with decluttering progress until Dec. Then it all unraveled several levels .... stuff beyond my control happened like Cmas dinner oven element going out,
I still need to get a diff relish plate or bowl.
dd needs to learn how to keep a civil tounge in her head & show respect she will have surgery after procuring insurance.

Dil is in ICU sigh.

Struggling to have hope for next yr.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:46 pm

Harmony - do you have a Good Will or Thrift store nearby? I see typewriters at GW all the time.

I have been working on setting up habit tracker. I have been inspired by Harriet & RunKitty to implement Healthy Habits. My habits are much less ambitious than most. I am focusing on consistency in doing tiny habits that have big benefits.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:02 pm

Ramblin' I was wondering about the cookbook Christmas. :) That was very creative of you and also respectful.

Harmony, this sounds like a job for ...
church friends' thinking caps? especially those in the church office,
OR perhaps a job for fb? I know in an absolute pinch, HRH hears from acquaintances sending out blanket requests of "does anyone I know have a .... ... "
Would a printer co or office co near you be able to advise/help?
Even a pay-for-the-service office/quick-secretarial company?

Harmony, HRH is remembering many times of doing this and running into snags and says is it multiple-page forms or single? If single, could you use a site that formats these forms? If multiple (he says to tell you he knows he'd better "smile when he says this, pardner",) go buy equipment in this calendar year if it helps on upcoming taxes.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:02 pm

Equipment now would help except for the fact that there's no way to get a check through the bank in time for 2018 taxes. There are lots of sites that format this stuff. Unfortunately IRS insists on the red and black. Hmmm, could put it on memory stick and take to office supply if they would print out in color. That's a possibility. Could probably get my CPA to do it, though that'd be more money than it was worth I'm sure - he ain't cheap!

I have seen some older machines at GW, will have to keep my eyes open. Just a stupid dilemma. And here's the rub - we only have 1 paid employee, DH! (I do all this for free). All the others go through the temp agency who have to do all this for them. As for reporting subcontractor payments, there is usually half a dozen red/black multi page forms to type and one 1-page red/black summary sheet. I read online that IRS will accept handprinted forms of those, so that will be easier, if a little time consuming.

Gonna keep my eyes open at GW.

I had 2 typewriters once. 1st one quit working and I couldn't find anyone to fix. 2nd one has been going for 20+ years. There's always ribbon cartridges online so I know I'm not the only one still using one. 2nd one was given to me when someone went to computer/printer, which is what most of us have done.

Booksaver, pork and sauerkraut is a traditional New Year's Day recipe! I wish I could make that for us, but DH is salt restricted so that's off the menu. Yep, I'm with LadyM, chops with potatoes and some sort of green veggies and/or salad is what I usually make.

I just got spreadsheets caught up. Don't know how I got so far behind in them. Did Oct Nov and Dec.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:21 pm

Harmony...Yesterday sweetie had stuff from Ancestry that was in color. He put the info on a memory stick and took it to staples and had them printed in color. It cost him 56 cents per copy.

Waving for y’all... still hurting
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:01 pm

hi d rose so cool about the pictures!!! I didn't know you could do that
(((sorry you are hurting))) waving at you! Feel better! what a lovely idea - what a lovely gift of the cook book. yay on getting things put away.

hi d harmony neat that you still use your typewriter and that you can get ribbon for it!
yay on getting spread sheet done!

hello d harriet!

hello d lady! I bought a little book for that says track your habits at michaels. I really like it. its 6 3/4 x 3 3/4

hello d nancy! it's hard when things go all at once. we lost our dw, garbage disposal, washing machine and water heater within 2 weeks
((((your d dil)))) praying for you and your family in 2019

hello sadie - even if you can be here I am thinking of you!

hello d book! oh do feel better!!!

Hello d kathryn!

hello d lucy!

hello d Helia!

hello d lynlee!

hello d cathy!

Hello anyone that I have missed.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:04 pm

i spent time on meal prep for the next couple days. a couple days set up. I bought those split up containers for meal prep for dd younger but I am using them and i love it.
Made a Mexican salad (separated so not to get mussy with a container of salsa),/
chicken tenders went for tonights dinner /but I kept 3 ounces and made a white wine sauce on top. with green beans and a regular salad. (froze the other part for anyone else who makes chicken),
fruit cut up,
veggie cut up and humus 1 ounce, cleaned the peppers for making stuffed peppers another time this week.
made stuffed eggs for tonight,
shrimp is ready for dh - not my favourite but he loves it.
Chimichurri made for grilled chicken tenders. made extra as my cilantro was ready to turn. freezing most in multiple containers.

Now for clean up.
timer on.

d old dog started shaking.. mmmmm she hasn't done that since she was really sick last time. I lost one dog on new years eve from addisons disease. so I am a little gun shy to New years.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:17 pm

spoke to dd younger. she found a dress for tonight. mom bought her an expensive dress but dd felt it wasn't right to take. so she is returning the expensive dress and she loves this one better and she already has shoes that match. I keep trying to be supportive but remind her that my mom might make a comment or my brother might after having buyers regret. What is done in joy one time may be looked at later as "you had me buy that". Right now d mom is being a dear mom. But I don't want dd to find herself in a position even if it is gladly given.

putting timer on.

I bought myself an Audible book for Christmas: Minimalist home. very interesting.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:25 pm

Even a light Homeschool day has been tough.....but we made it through it.

Hoping that Cathy lets us know what she thinks of The Gentle Art of Swedish Death Cleaning book.

((((RR)))) hope the pain goes away soon
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:46 pm

Hi!

It's a very quick read. I finished it before I fell asleep last night. The author repeats a few things. I cannot tell you how many times she wrote that she was between 80 and one hundred.

Another weird supper night here. Dh is having some more chili and I am having pizza pops! Yes, I said pizza pops. The chili is much too spicy for me. It is very rare that we have different things for supper, but dh is on vacation and he can do whatever makes him happy.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”