Monday, Poised and Ready

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Sunny

Re: Monday, Poised and Ready

Postby Sunny » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:12 pm

Hello everyone. It is now just past 7:30 p.m. here on the east coast of U.S.A. We are already hearing the fireworks throughout our neighborhood. Thankfully dMinnie is calm and sleeping through the noise outside.

Dh and I made a quick run out to W-M as he wanted pork and sauerkraut for tomorrow's dinner. We'll have mashed potatoes with that. We stopped by the pharmacy to ask for a refill on his b.g. strips. The order was ready by the time we were checked out, so we don't have to make an extra trip out the week for them. I did as much extra cleaning today as time allowed. I always try to start the new year with a clean house and the laundry caught up; I've always had the feeling if I started out this way, the rest of the year would follow the same.

Aww, Harmony, too bad your typewriter broke just before you finished. I still have mine; it is a Smith-Corona and I really liked using it. I was unable to get any ribbons for it so I haven't used it since, maybe, 2012 or so. I'll have to look online to see if I can find the right ribbon.

My plans for the new year: just to keep on keeping on, doing the best I can and trying to improve on that and try to keep one step ahead of whatever life comes my way. I will try to appreciate my dfamily and dfriends and all victories however small!

Time to go sit with dh and watch the hockey game... Have a good New Year's Eve!
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:16 pm

Thank you, LadyM — you are so efficient that it gives me hope if you think I’m setting the bar high! I will strive to do SOMETHING in each area — not a particular # of minutes.

At the movies. Holmes and Watson. We know it has horrible reviews. We’re rebels! LOL!
Tomorrow is another day.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:19 am

Please don't think you don't have goals when you are keeping on keeping on.
I read of the great deal of busyness that many of you deal with on a daily basis.
Work places, businesses and grandchildren, husbands and parents, as well as the household and church commitments, are being dealt with in so many of your homes.
Every time you meet a deadline that's a goal achieved right there.
Every time there is some order created where there was chaos, that is success.

My goals are about getting some more order in my life and in my home.
Maybe you think of them as tasks or chores. My goal is to have doing certain things as a helpful habit.
For many, that just comes naturally, but here I am still trying to learn to live life and keep my sense of humour. Feeling like I was making some progress would/ will be great.

Today was a day for FL shiny sink 101, without the bleach, at my house. I'm making some headway with dishes. Next lot is soaking. I'm not sure if I'll get back to the whole clear shiny sink thing, but having dishes etc washed up and away will be a great help towards daily living.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:45 am

The last pot is 'getting further treatment. Bi carbonate of soda and vinegar helped a lot.
I think I need to rearrange my hutch and move some things to the kitchen cupboards to make way for new cup and mug from dd.
I have some casserole/ baking dishes to move.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:42 am

YES — Lynlee — that’s it — I sooo want certain things to become habits... and it is sooo difficult for me. Used to be, work was my excuse... now it’s people, LOL — dh/dmom/dgrands...
But the PEOPLE in my life are my greatest blessings and my #1 priority... so you are right — as long as I keep on keeping on, then I’m meeting my goals. Thank you.

I finished a load of laundry and filled out the kitchen calendar for 2019.

The movie is kinda like the three stooges, only a little more vulgar and gross and disgusting. But definitely not without its funny parts too. No one walked out, and there were a good many people there. Kind of thing where you laugh, but you’re embarrassed that you laughed, you know?

Hope you all bring in the new year with laughter and love!
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:03 am

Posting from 2019 on our way home.

Happy New Year!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:18 am

Happy New years❤️❤️❤️
it is always a joy to be here with you!