Monday, Poised and Ready

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Monday, Poised and Ready

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:49 pm

We left at 10:15am today to go see "Mary Poppins Returns". Just got home 1/2 an hour ago after going to movie, then to M ellow Y ellow for lunch, then to Sam's for just a few things, and got gas at Sam's ($1.93/gal). Had seen it was $1.97 so was happy. But now I'm very tired. Dh and dd have taken the dogs to the dog park. We won't be hungry for a while. Right now I'm too tired to look back further than this page. RR feel better. BTW we thought the movie was very good.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:05 pm

d dee how was mary poppins. I am thinking of seeing it.

i love that cathy. he can do what ever he wishes - being on vacation. good for him.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:10 pm

I had planned on doing a home blessing but it didn't happen.
I had planned cleaning the front room but that didn't happen.
I had planned not to be tired already.... well you know how that is going 8-)
it's been pouring... didn't take dogs out. ;)

My kitchen is clean, dw is washing dishes, stove is clean, board is bleached, sink is clean, food is prepped, I didn't wash the floor but it is vacuumed. I emptied the fridge of anything that needed disappearing. took stuff to compost. (they no longer pick up compost until May). my goal was to start bills at 5:00 pm. I think that is doable.

You know I am just going to swish and swipe toilets - nothing exciting.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:31 pm

We all enjoyed the movie very much, Blessed. Enough insinuations from the original and lots of new music. Though we didn't come away with any of the songs in our heads, but we thought it was well done.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:33 pm

I had a lot of plans that didn't happen for today, too, blessed.

I am just sitting here wondering WHEN WILL I get my act together???
I mean, I've been retired 5 1/2 years... it's about time for me to find a new routine and quit drifting through my days, right?
The goal is -- I mean this is my PLAN for 2019 --
* 15 min each every day: daily/weekly/zone activity. As (I think) LadyM has said before, to just make ONE decision in each area (and the corresponding action, of course) would be a great improvement around here.
* 15 min each day with paperwork -- photos, journals, writing, etc...
* 15 min exercise

Now that is NOT too much to ask for, is it? That is ONLY an hour and 15 minutes, right? Even a person who sleeps till NOON could easily accomplish that.

But today... no, that person did NOT accomplish anything.
That person DID manage to s2s and do her Bible reading...
and that person called the bank and recorded checks that were auto-deposited today...
and that person helped her dh order basketball tickets for him and ds to go to next week...
and that person went to CVS drug store to get Lysol Dual-Action wipes, which for some reason are only available there and not at Wmart...
and then that person came home and ate... and ate... and ate... and wasted time on her phone... and almost went back to sleep --
and then that person was so thrilled when her dh said, "Let's eat out and go to a movie. That ham will keep one more day, won't it?"
:idea: Oh -- that will serve as my pork tomorrow too! And I have salad, so now I also have greens! No peas for me though.

So. That's how I'm ending the year.
But. I will be POISED and READY tomorrow. I promise I will do better. I will start by being a little more mindful of what I eat.

Oh -- I have an old IBM Selectric, Harmony. Sorry I can't get it to you! It weighs a ton -- shipping would probably be a thousand times more than the typewriter is worth! It was a high school graduation present from dparents and d-maternal grandparents. I never use it of course, but it has some sentimental value, and it got me through a BS and Master's degree, and the first few years of teaching!

And LadyM -- that house! :o :shock: :o :shock: Oh. My. Goodness. I read your description and I was just in AWE. But not envious... no... that is waaay too much house for me. Our house is 4000 sq feet, approx. and it is too much for me! But wow... your ds's house does sound beautiful... and I am totally amazed at those people just leaving all that stuff behind. That is just hard to comprehend. I don't care how much money someone makes, how could you walk away from EVERYTHING like that? Wow.

Belated happy birthday wishes to Ken and to Twins' Dad!

Waving to all! I know I have been AWOL a lot lately. I have mostly been sleeping. Lucy is NOT dead but sleepeth. FitBit says I slept 12 hours Friday and Saturday (not all in one stretch) and 9 hours last night, and I'm pretty sure I could curl up on the couch right now and happily take a nap again... so cozy, watching the rain and the Christmas tree lights. But somehow, I have GOT to break myself of this. Laziness breeds laziness, and activity breeds activity, I think. So tomorrow -- I WILL attempt to follow the PLAN.

Happy New Year to ALL!!! :D

PS -- my thoughts on the movie exactly, Dee -- the songs didn't stick in my head like the original, and no one can top Julie Andrews and Dick Van Dyke in the main roles -- but it was a wonderful sequel! And so good to see Dick Van Dyke there at the end! He is amazing. * I bet he doesn't lie around wasting his whole day like someone I know.... :oops:
Tomorrow is another day.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:02 pm

Waving from 2019, again.

opened new diaries this morning.
The larger A5 one has lines only at the bottom 1/4. day to a page. Pink cover.
I cluttered the top part with goals and wish lists that I thought of yesterday.
The smaller A6 size - week over double pages - has these teeny black lines which are annoying once I tried to write the what I did yesterday there. It will have a different use. It might be a food journal.

The once bujo has had all used pages ripped out.
I think it is now known as gridbook. (grook?)
I'm looking at the helpful to living goals I have used previously (mostly, with varying degrees of success)
I can see how LM gets 100 or so cards to play with.
Where to begin?
tiny habits. 5 of them, done for 5 days gives an indicator of success. as per prof fogerty or whoever.
Maybe choose something basic to the major sticking points.

I like the line that goes - :mrgreen: I'm making a list and checking it twice.
So that might be to have a little list thing happening. And look at it once its written.
Once upon a time I found a limit of 4 things on the list was helpful, with no more added until something was crossed off. A list of 4 things would be a tiny habit. And be success. Doing them is extra kudos.

Bedtimes. In the long ago I found :mrgreen: my before bed processes needed to start at 9.30 Maybe take some action there could lead to the goal of 11pm lights out. Pigs might fly. And I might get to bed the same day I got up.

Dishes. :mrgreen: Always a good idea to get what is used today washed up, pa.

Inside. Not sure of the wording there is a lot of options. (pupa, toss, hotspot, clean/whb segment.)
:mrgreen: simplify. There is a word that suggests less stuff and more order.

outside :mrgreen: " Go outside and do something" used to be a line in FL daily emails in the long ago past.

I've done 2 days of walking the approx. 3 k route in the sundown timeslot. I want that one back again. It can stay in the current goals. :idea:
List can have extra poda - washing/laundry, outings, etc not covered by tiny habit list, or the whatever is needed.

Its a bit of a plan. Maybe I could even look at it.
I forgot the reading and response … :mrgreen: I'm wanting that - though its not so tiny as 30 sec minimum.
Last edited by Lynlee on Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:31 pm

Thanks to several here for sharing your plans for hopes and dreams, 2019. I'm reading with so much interest. Maybe some getting to my subconscious and adding to my own ideas.

Errands completed on last day of the year were:

bank for last deposit of the year
pharmacy 1 before deductible reset
beauty supply for repair of dd's nail color (so vital, right?)
grocery

a couple things from pharmacy made possible by me nagging - nagging both HRH and having HRH nag dr's office that is full of people who don't do their jobs. There he was told (after waiting for 2 weeks) they had to wait past end-of-year to hear back from medicare (what medicare ????) He said, "Well, I've never had medicare, but I think you'll see my insurance company in front of you on the screen, right - the one affiliated with your office's hospital authority?" good grief.

Back home I made HRH's new favorite fried rice/quinoa veggie skillet. Takes time but I make him enough for a meal next day, too. Dstepson came over and they watched some macho movie with several fight scenes but also laughter, so that was probably good.

He got a couple answers from another doctor by phone at end of day - kind of discouraging in that some symptoms are not going away any time soon. But kind of encouraging in that they've thought of new pill he can take to ease them. (of course they did - when in doubt, yet another pill is the answer. sigh)

So now guess what I get to do? Go back to same pharmacy to get those.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:38 pm

LucyLee - everyone is different but I would be a failure at trying to do 15 minutes every day in each of those. However, I'm fairly confident that I could consistently do this everyday.
* 1 min each every day: daily/weekly/zone activity.
* 1 min each day with paperwork -- photos, journals, writing, etc...
* 1 min exercise
I need this type of tiny goals or I find myself resist doing them. When I set small goals I almost always exceed my goal. On those days that are super busy or just a big case of donotwannas hits, I can still manage to be successful with these small goals.

Dinner theme was Mexican Monday. I didn't have a plan for WHAT to cook though. I just started cooking and let it develop. I sauteed some onions, bell peppers and added a chopped rotisserie chicken breast to the pan (going for fajitas type dish). I opened a can of refried beans and heated them up. Pulled out Homemade salsa, a jar of jalapeno slices and bag of shredded cheese from the refrigerator. Then I cooked the fresh tortillas. Thankfully the meal turned out wonderful even though I just had a theme and not a menu plan.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:58 pm

My list rules - If I do something not on the list, it gets added to the list and ticked off after I do it.
I want to add things to my list of 4 but I need to do something to add them.

Yes to Lady M make the goals tiny.
Simplify was done twice, with two lots of things delivered to the entry waste/ recycle bins.
I would like to get to the movies, but that may not happen. There are a few things on at the cinema that I could bare to watch, and think I would enjoy.
It won't be the end of the world if I don't get there.

Readings and response needs the timeslot after tmeds, before bfst and computer. Note to self.
I'm going to try that positive imput now.

Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:40 pm

I wonder if I've ever met a goal in my life. Maybe not. I know I've made progress along the path.

So, I ran to the store and got staples we were out of, milk, veggies, a plan for dinner the next several days.

Took the typewriter and put it at the end of the kitchen table reserved for fixing things, mostly tools. DH uses that end for all the repairs for all the stuff that breaks. The other end of the table gets used for his reading spot and desk. Eat? We eat off our laps in front of the TV. :roll:

Life's a peach!

Looked up Smith Corona SD700 Spell Right typewriter and they're all over the place for sale. Calling them Vintage. Well so am I, Vintage!! This is a great little machine. Really has a dictionary, dings when I type a wrong word. Has a cartridge ribbon to pop in and another cartridge lift-off correction tape to fix mistakes. Sets multiple tabs and margins wherever I want. I actually have a couple more type-set things to pop in that makes it type in different fonts. Probably keeps a couple hundred words in memory one can print out in a flash. Grandkids got a real kick out of using it one time. Oh well, maybe I need a headstone.

Return to “Post When You Can”