Repeat : Wednesday that feels like Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Repeat : Wednesday that feels like Monday

Postby Nancy » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:57 pm

I was up in the nite with a low. Feeling better today with more optimism today that helps. Found the rose parade on U tube. So I will watch it when I do me stat bike in a bit more coffee now. I have a meal plan, breakfast for dinner, and soup the rest of this week. Planning done for today. I need to pay attn to the dining room, x then toss papers after purging disc bound happy planners from last year.
Laundry up next.
Waving to all.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:15 pm

Hello!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:33 pm

I got through that round of stuff with a few side tracks along the way. I did hand outgoing mail to the mail guy so that avoids that trip - I don't like to leave any outgoing cks in the box for pickup.

Also have regrouped a bit and feel a little more in control of the week, such as it is. Saw a New Yorker cartoon online just now where the boss was meeting with his group and said "We're going to get this year off to a great start as soon as we figure out what day of the week it is."

This time:
-clear kitchen counters and start dishwasher
-make the bed
-sort and start laundry
-clear kitchen table (this is a biggie... :roll: )
-take out kitchen trash

Hello bw2!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:42 pm

I took a lunch break, warmed up Mushroom Barley soup and ate.

-make bed
-reboot laundry
-clean stove top
-sweep/dust floors
-straighten master bedroom

Am I working alone? Still in the mood to go. Also need to get in some steps. Would kind of like a nap but afraid I wouldn't sleep tonight, then would want to sleep in again tomorrow. I need to move back my gettin' up time somehow.

-purge refrigerator
-refill meds containers
-straighten laundry room
-get down Winter box in the garage, purge and get the menorah for the porch back in
-replace two light bulbs
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:50 pm

This morning was busy but went well.

DD arrived before sunrise to spend time with DGD7 and get her ready for school. Public school holiday is over and classes started back up today.

DS10 and I did a couple hours of homeschool lessons. It was a fun and enjoyable time together. I find it weird to say doing school work was enjoyable, but it went smoothly and we laughed together several times.

It has been a stressful couple of days with DH and me disagreeing on how to respond to a request from DD. I used this situation to force DH and DD to spend a couple hours together this morning. A father and a daughter spending time together sound so easy but in real life, it took some wrangling to make happen. DH and DD have not talked to each other since DD left her children over 10 years ago. They occasionally speak words like "Pass the salt" to each other but that is it. I have been the go-to communication between them for the past 10+ years. ANYway, they did talk one-on-one together for a couple hours so I consider it a good start in rebuilding their relationship.

DGS21 surprised me by dropping by at lunchtime today. I was just finishing up frying 18 hamburger patties to put into the freezer so it was super easy to feed him. I pulled out green salad stuff and a bowl of potato salad from the refrigerator. The meal prep was almost nil. We had a lot of catching up to do since we missed our normal weekly time together because of the holidays.

We have another Snowpocolypse being predicted for us tonight & tomorrow. Freezing rain followed by 3-5' of snow. After the last bust of ice/snow forecast, not many are paying attention to this.
Last edited by LadyMaverick on Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:00 pm

:D
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:09 pm

Even the National Weather people don't put much trust in their forecast. They just posted this....
Here's the latest information on the potential for snow and ice in our area. IMPORTANT: this is a complicated forecast and there's still a lot of uncertainty about who will see snow and ice and how much there might be. This is just how it is with snow/ice forecasts around here.

They can track tornadoes fairly accurately but they have don't have much success predicting snow/ice storms.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:38 pm

I am done again.

LadyM, I really do think they emphasize the "worst case" because that increases clicks, or TV viewing or whatever other way we get our weather info. And when we keep seeing that "worst case" we tend to start ignoring it because it's been wrong so many times. We are just getting rain, rain and more rain.

I am at 5800 steps so far - that was two laps around and what I've done inside today. If I walk ddog, it will be in the rain, which is light so far.

This time:
-hang a picture
-fold lol in dryer and put away, hang up the lol from washer to dry
-slice strawberries and cube butternut squash
-walk the dog and then get on treadmill a bit?
-empty dishwasher

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:49 pm

The thing about weather forecasts: the 1 time we don't pay attention to what they're predicting, that's the time we get slammed with something bad. Have the same thing here with hurricanes. People get really tired of all the prep, putting up the shutters, etc. etc. Can't blame us for being wary of forecasts. Particularly bad with the last one that was going to sweep up the east coast and then went up the west, then up the middle. Our whole state was in a turmoil over that one.

Another 6 hours of work on this project. I told DH I was tired of cleaning up everybody's messes. All year I stayed on top of it all, requesting insurance certificates every time I paid somebody new; included requests and self-addressed envelopes with checks; talked with people who promised. I did not realize it was this bad with almost all of my requests going unanswered. People actually tell me they hate doing their paperwork. Well so do I. I sent a bunch of emails. Calling doesn't seem to work any more.

Big pot of chili cooked. I'll have a bunch to freeze for later.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:04 pm

My word. I cannot keep up with my Fitbit. Between I last posted and now it has disappeared on me. I know it's in the house, just hope it didn't get into the load of laundry that I just started. I am so put out. :oops:

Return to “Post When You Can”