Repeat : Wednesday that feels like Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: Repeat : Wednesday that feels like Monday

Postby Harriet » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:14 pm

so Tidying Up with Marie Kondo premiered on Netflix. dd wants to watch this

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:03 pm

They missed a snow forecast here yesterday.
Laundry xx one load ready to fold.
Put decorations in the tote yea for getting the last of them out of the diinng room.
Posting from the exercise bike.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:17 pm

Harriet: I watched 3 episodes today while working on putting away Christmas. The second episode has some details on how to store Christmas.

I found myself enjoying it greatly. Remember, I mocked the parts of the book pretty mercilessly when I read it but did follow some of it and it is years later and our drawers are still tidy. I used to have a monthly "tidy drawers" card. I don't bother with it anymore, things stayed magically tidy. Even dh folds his underwear and socks the way I fold them, and loves how he can see everything in his drawer at a glance.

The joy of the video is you can see her tips in video form (I didn't really bother with the Youtube videos.) And seeing her with 'real' people is helpful as well.

The only downside for me was that when she is demonstrating something, it is said in Japanese with subtitles, so I'd have to look back to the TV to see why she was talking Japanese and then move so I could read the subtitles. When she talks with the family, she has a translator.

Actually, I'm thinking of watching more episodes tomorrow.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:23 pm

Christmas is about 3/4 put away. The window lights still have to come down but putting away the 'window ornament tree' in the kitchen is a huge task and I was just too tired to push through with that.

This means the living room and dining room are not yet fully vacuumed so that task carries on to tomorrow. I'm desperate to get the bedrooms done so may jump up and do them as soon as I post.

We went out for supper (fast food) and picked up a few things at the store. More importantly, we gassed up the car. I still had about 60 miles range but if there was an emergency with dd, that could be used up quickly so having a full tank at this time makes the most sense. It is terribly cold outside so dh sacrificed to gas up the car.

I picked up a Swiffer duster. Dh had found a full bag of cleaning supplies including 20 of the duster refills but no handle. I did a bit of research and decided to spend the $5 on a handle because they get high praise. The idea was to give the supplies to ds for the new house but I might just keep them for me if I really like them, since he's not likely to dust anyway!

The living room is almost dusted now, and I did the bedroom yesterday. I'm dusting surfaces as I put away the decorations and before putting my usual knick-knacks out.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:15 pm

I got the bedrooms vacuumed and new signs made and put up on the residents' library, added the videos I had grabbed from the giveaway shelf and tidied the bookcases a bit.

I delivered welcome letters to the three new tenants I know about.

And I cut up the last of the carrot cake and froze all but one slice, then washed up the cake container.

Now I'm heading to bed.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:41 am

Lynlee, I really like your new thread. Very well said.

Trash and recycling got a lot of attention this evening, well ahead of the two trucks' backed up schedule following holidays.

My new record-keeping for several areas of household and health is interesting me a lot and therefore I'm getting benefits. I need to be able to bottle this and uncap it at times during the year when I'm not as inspired.

Dd has also watched 3 of those Tidying Up episodes. I caught about 1.5, mixed in with other things I was doing. She was disappointed that the first young couple, although with genuine concerns because of toddlers, didn't have a cluttered-looking home. By the second, however, with a variety of questions from a long-married couple who inherited parents' things, too, she was saying it's turning out to be the program she hoped for.

Return to “Post When You Can”