Tidying Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Lynlee

Re: Tidying Thursday

Postby Lynlee » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:43 pm

Friday
I need to / maybe I just want to/ do a brain dump, then start a list of 4 only.
Helper coming in 20 min.

The day before I ended up ignoring my list when there was too much on it, and yesterday I didn't attempt the 4 todo list scheme.
Want to get onto it.

tada
tmeds
Added 2 items for sleep journal, and redid the order and checklist for this month into the sequence things happen. I would have grated for the rest of the month.
rdgs and response
dress
vanity mostly cleared
breakfast

pooof
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:26 pm

tada
stack dishes, sink, dishes, PUfloor, change bed, help helper (new to me), sheets on, junk mail to recycle, floor things that get moved, dismantle fan that died last time I turned it off, its in the bin. put away drill driver that has been 'out' for over 1/2 a year...

next
sheets/ washing out, attack floor mats.
I'm not thinking further than that.

done that

brought another fan to the LR. It is on strike also and will only work if I hold its button 'on'
grrr. bah humbug. My sense of humour is missing if it comes to that.

there is one more pedestal fan in the house Do I try that?
Its only 33c/91 f but the 80% humidity from yesterdays rain makes it feel hotter.

3rd attempt at having a working fan at the lap top corner of the LR is a success.

Its lunch time.

Sleep well N American SHEs.
Last edited by Lynlee on Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:49 pm

LynLee - YGG!

I am amazed that we are STILL getting snow. Big ole fat flakes of snow coming down like crazy. I haven't measured the depth of snow in our yard but I would guess it to be 8". I made snow ice cream for the kids.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:45 pm

We have snow as well but should only have another inch by morning. There's some freezing rain in there too so my drive to dd's during morning rush hour may be interesting. I need to leave here at 7:30.

I've finished Christmas and it is put away in the locker.

The apartment is vacuumed and dusted. And tidy.

I worked some on the laundry room. It feels over crowded to me lately so I'm trying to fix that. What I really need is another shelf on the metal rack in there and I suspect I can buy one at the specialty container store.

I had dh move the coat rack board my kids made my dad (It is painted with "I love you, Grandanny" on it so he'd get that message each day after my mom moved to the nursing home.) It was a decoration over a door here so I had dh move it to the laundry room. It won't be seen there but to be honest, no-one has ever mentioned it where it was. I can hang up my dust mop and two other items on it so they aren't on the floor. And I'll see it when I use it, which is more than I can say about it now.

Last month I moved the extra vitamins and this month I moved them back to their old spot. The new spot didn't work for me. In fact, it hid other items including parchment paper which I went out and bought. I really need that shelf.

Dh and I went out for supper (fourth night in a row!) and then picked up a few groceries. I'll have to run the dishwasher tomorrow morning, no matter how empty because it has been several days, with basically only breakfast dishes in it.

Off to bed now. If I hurry, I'll have a chance at over 8 hours of sleep.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:35 am

Elizabeth, if the 2 late arrivals ask you, you're going to have to say something, especially since you had to take responsibility for them after the party. Maybe you could get away with saying you doubt the host was going to change her guest list permanently, just happened to invite a new person one time, that's all. It's a shame G will probably not have another invitation either, but I think she probably already knows how awkward it would be, since N got her the invitation in the first place.

Painting - that's a great report on getting painting done. We have some we want to get to, but it's going to have to be down the list.

I marathoned all the giving letters for church, sealed and ready. I have my shoebox full for regular attenders to take Sunday. Have tried several times to buy stamps but at P.O. the line was still out the door as if still holiday mailing ? I forgot when I was at grocery to ask if they sell them - I think they do.

I consolidated all the letterhead and envelopes into one box now, and reassured myself that there are plenty so they won't need to be replaced this year for sure.

HRH really bragged on supper. Half saved for lunch tomorrow.

Return to “Post When You Can”