Tidying Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harmony

Re: Tidying Thursday

Postby Harmony » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:08 pm

LadyM, what I believe is your community made the news here and they showed the icy / snowy roads! They talked about schools being closed. Wow, what news you found! Congratulations!?

I'm back to my project. Filling in the spreadsheet with the information I got yesterday. It is still very much a work in progress.

It's fun to read how you all are trying to get organized for the year. I will be joining you soon. I already have part of my big closet cleared out and organized. I do that every year when I put the decorations back. My dining room is all cleared out. I am enjoying looking at my very bare dining room with all the fabric and puzzle and wrapping stuff gone. Pretty holiday tablecloth is still on and pretty holiday basket centerpiece is still there. It looks wonderful. I will leave that until last to put away.

Back to my papers...

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:52 pm

Done with a.m. routine, that went really fast when I didn't lollygag about.

Doing some paper taming. I should probably get groceries before meeting and I can leave them in the car today while I meet. I don't know what to expect, hoping it's not a long drawn out afternoon. After the meeting I'll go see dmom, if need be I can slide out with that excuse.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:29 pm

Our annex office was just a plain mess! I've been puttering at it and trying to make it organized again. DD went into our room and said, "Wait! Let me write this down!" Our bed was unmade (she never sees it that way). But..... I was going to wash the sheets. Dh just helped me remove them and they're sloshing in the laundry twin. Knew if I did my usual and made it shortly after I got up they'd not be done yet another day! So they're washing and I have the office table cleaned off. Put a lot of stuff out for recycling. We're a day behind (holidays) so the garbage was just picked up and now we can put the recycling out.

Dh just left to go up to church to install the door bell. Dsonil made an attractive new holder for it. We have a bell outside the church door so late comers can ring it to be let in. One of the security measures. There's a light inside that the audio person can see if it's rung.

I was not feeling great last night and went to bed shortly after "Wheel" -7:30!! I kept feeling achy and sweating a lot during the night. Did finally take t ylenol about 1am. I've not felt really up to par for several days. Think a lot has to do with the mugginess and the high pollen count here. Hope to be back in tip/top shape soon. My exercises had to go by the wayside for a couple of days. Going to try to do at least a little bit today.

Got an email with our new EZ Pass (NYS thruway) statement. Somehow -don't ask me how because NY & FL are not reciprocal- when we went to a Solar Bears Game on 12/21 NYS billed me for the 3 exchanges at tolls. Went on Sunpass this morning and discovered that they billed me for 2 of those again. Have sent an email to sunpass to ask what I need to do. In the meantime dh took our EZ Pass off the windshield and put it in the protective bag. Point was it took me over an hour to get that all straightened out -sort of. Now just have to wait for reply.

Also had to redo church council minutes. Got a new report from the Deacons late last night. Redid my minutes and sent it off to church up north. Did call the secretary to let her know it should be there. This is her last day & I wanted to be sure she got them copied for Tuesday's meeting. Not sure yet what we're doing about the Annual Report. A new secretary hasn't been hired as yet. Not a good time of year to be without.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:49 pm

My eyes are not as sharp as they used to be or as sharp as they should be. I keep getting 5's and 6's mixed up. Could not get my spreadsheet to total up with the adding machine tape... and it was a 5 / 6 problem 2 places again.

Ok I am going to look around at eye doctors. I simply must get these cataracts off.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:52 pm

getting the cataracts off for dh really helped his reading d harmony.

hello all.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:56 pm

I decided not to come in here until I had all my bills, desk cleaned and paperwork done. desk is much better and breathable.
looking over the year to see what debt there is and how to save for taxes and other things. very happy I did this. I shredded all my credit card bills from 2018 and my checking account statements from 2018 bc I can find them online.

now to start my morning routine - wishing you all a great day.
I found my dearest young cousin (26 - I guess 2nd cousin) is having a baby. so happy for them.

saying hello to each and everyone of you! I better go before I hit the I don't wanna's

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:22 pm

The snow is beautiful. No wind and huge flakes falling straight down. The kids footprints from playing in the snow disappeared as the snow kept falling. The temperature has risen to 35F so the falling snow has changed to a gentle rain. For those who are used to snow, it probably doesn't make sense that this snow caused them to close the local airport and military base. My FB is full of friends posting pictures of their vehicle when they tried driving somewhere and ended up in the ditch. DD did make it to work safely (about 25 miles).

A new English curriculum arrived in the mail today so I have been creating a lesson plan spreadsheet to track it. We are going to fast track through this level. I intend to try doing a week worth of lessons each day. I agonized on whether to get this level or the next. I thought the next level might be too much for DS10 so I will use this level as a review. I just need to confirm he firmly comprehends the basics taught in this level. I think he will fly through most of them. If not, then we will slow down and go through the lessons one day at a time.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:55 pm

Hi!!

I went to the craft Guild this morning and we officially started working on Hardanger.

On the way home I stopped at the town offices and got the fire permit for 2019.

Supper tonight is a beef pie put out by a famous Canadian chicken restaurant. There was a really good deal at a local grocery store for 4 different types of frozen meat pies and this is one of the 4 that we bought. Rotisserie beef sounded interesting. I've had beef at the restaurant and it was quite good. A much larger serving than the chicken.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:11 pm

Cathy: I think we're having takeaway from that Chicken restaurant on Monday night. Dd wants us there for dinner and bedtime routine.

Christmas is still not down. I now have no energy and each step feels like climbing a hill.

The lights are all down and the furniture is on its way to being in the right spots. I think I need to call in dh and have him work with me to get things finished up. I can physically do this by myself but need a motivation partner.

First, I will have my lunch.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:29 pm

i can't wait until i get a chance to see the curriculum.
and until I can say hello individually! thinking of all of you.

running (ha) to do errands.

Return to “Post When You Can”