First Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: First Friday

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:15 pm

And that is done, so I will nap. Also talked to dh we will eat out of the refrigerator tonight, i.e. leftovers.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:22 pm

hello d twins! yay on purge! Happy early birthday to your dear mom! yay on your work with fitness and health!

enjoy lunch d kathryn!

hello d elizabeth! yay on getting chores done yesterday. how wonderful have the help of your dear mom and dad with painting! how nice! yay on finding those notes and working with it!
I do think that is an appropriate thing to say. Good for you!

hello d harmony (((sending you a better day))) you know you should be proud of yourself for finding the mistake and taking care of it! Oh my gosh... the wait!!! so sorry you had to deal with that.

hello d dee! wishing you a great day!

hello all.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:24 pm

laundry didn't take long to fold. I always make this job the worst.
I have been sticking with the 5 minutes on timer. Every time I try the 15 minutes the little brat in me says no... I don't want to.

time to flip flop laundry.
dh is taking my car to the car wash for me.. he actually loves anything to do with cars. so sweet of him. I gave him my debit card.
he is also dropping off my donations - he loves that place and he loves the people thanking him. It really gives him a good feeling. it gives me a good feeling to get rid of it.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:40 pm

I'm not sure whether I actually napped. I find it so hard to get up in the a.m. and so difficult to get to sleep if I nap or in the p.m.

I really need to get upstairs and walk on the treadmill, or go out to walk. Rain may have stopped for awhile?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:46 pm

Dee the restaurant starts with "Swiss" and ends in a "Chalet". They started off as strictly a chicken place, but now they do everything. Ribs, beef, fish and chips.

I got all my errands done. Returned the weather station with wind velocity and we will look for something else this week. The wind part didn't work.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:37 pm

Ack! I was upstairs on treadmill and our power went out. I got Muffin and walked a lap with M and R uby, and power is back on. Now I have to lever myself upstairs tonight. Dh is going to temple tonight and may stay for dinner there.

------------------------------
And I'm up to 8K steps. All done!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:54 pm

Twins: I got my steps for the day (granted my number is way lower than yours) by shopping.

I picked up cases of drinks at the grocery store but dgs and I walked around and around, so we could test each other on vegetable and fruit names. He knew lots "that's called ognions" (he puts the g in there which is very close to the French pronunciation.) If he didn't know one he says, "That's called....." and trails off. Often I didn't know for sure either (i.e. some forms of Asian cabbage.)

He didn't know pineapple but then he called out, "That called other apple" when he saw regular apples!

Then we went to the thrift shop and I got a stocking hanger in the shape of a train for him.

Then to his home. I was rearranging the car so the stroller would fit and dd unloaded the roast she bought from my cooler bag and put the bag on the floor. Dgs picked it up and took it to the door, saying, "This called Nana's bag!"

I dropped them at lunch and stayed with him at the door while she set up at the table. So he was there to greet his Daddy! with a warm hug when Daddy arrived from work with his colleagues for his "going on parental leave" good-bye lunch.

I got the shelf I needed from the organizer store and nothing else. That was quite the accomplishment in restraint, especially since they had the exact broom and dust pan I wanted. It was $35 and I couldn't justify it.

At the bedding store I bought dh a new pillow and new pillow cases because we've worn through his. They are at least 5 years old so I don't feel to cheated by them wearing out.

Had lunch at Subway and then Walmart. I kind of fell apart there, buying a cheap broom and dust pan but also a Rubbermaid spray mop since it has no batteries and I fill the bottle with whatever solution I want to use and the pad are reusable.

That will be returned since I just went to link to it for you guys since I think it is a perfect thing and the reviews seem unanimous. This is the greatest thing until it stops working. The spray mechanism is dodgy. As the owner of many spray bottles over the years that have stopped working, I understand this is a problem with them. But they are not part of mopping system so if they stop working, I get another from the dollar store. I can't do that with this mop.

I also bought more leftover containers (larger size ones since I have tons of little ones and never enough to hold leftovers for dh and I.) And shampoo and a few groceries.

Then I took the car and had it washed.

At home, I actually got everything into our grocery buggy and came upstairs in one load. Dh has already installed the shelf for me on the rack and the rack now holds everything that was crammed on it before plus 7 more boxes of crackers and oatmeal. And there's room for more things. So I'm please, our pantry shelves are better organized now.

I ran the dishwasher and flipped the laundry into the dryer. Both have finished so it is time to get back to work.

Dinner tonight is leftovers from last night.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:30 pm

good for you getting out to walk even with the power going out! 8k wonderful twins!

good for you too d kathryn getting your steps in! what a cutie pie your dgs is!!!
wow you had a really busy day! well done!

hi d cathy yay on getting your errands done!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:34 pm

we broke a lot of special ornaments this year. I finished wrapping the nice ones in bubble wrap. and did some work in the front room.

feeling quite a bit Hangry - lol - I haven't made dinner yet! it's that little stinker in me saying - feed me, I want ... 8-)

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:04 pm

Friday - wrote a long letter to dm, then had to hurry to get it to the post box. Walked a different from normal route, then took a longer leg up a road to get to 40 min walking.
I did get back into the 'garden' yesterday afternoon.I didn't do a great deal, but did fill the old stock pot so can feel thankful to have that much done.
I can see where a major hold up in my bedtime is. Late meal in the evening, then it takes me an age to eat it. I had no hope of making my pre bedprep time. I guess I need to think of another target for the starting of dinner cooking. It will be easier when the weather is cooler and days are shorter. I delay walking until the sun is low, then often still do 'garden' after that. I guess that is another change I could make. Get into the outside earlier - though the letter writing took me a longggg time. I've decided letter writing might just be good thing to do.
Fell asleep last night before writing up my diary of doings for the day. I had completed the check lists and food journal.

Saturday
tadas
tmeds, fish fed, simplicity calendar(a reminder to take in 'the delights' of 'woodland' areas.) back to bed to get the 8hrs in bed thing done. and catch up on yesterdays missing poda.
Put on bfst to cook - turn off power when it comes to the boil.
Readings and responses. I spent a good hour on that today, and have truely overdone it on reading resources. I love that they all conspire the really give me a message.
Letting go .. of fear and anger (and other undesirable items)... so I can regain balance and move forward with ....'s help was todays theme. My writing ended up being 3 columns filling an A4 page. I think it was helpful. Time will tell if I can let needed changes happen.
Tidied up after that. dress, bed made. daily books away there too.
breakfast.

Must poof to ri chat mtg.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Return to “Post When You Can”