First Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

First Friday

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:12 am

Today is the First Friday, the end of this short off-balance week.

What will you do today to finish the week strong and plan ahead for a full week full speed ahead week coming up?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Ramblinrose

Re: First Friday

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:50 am

Morning y’all...

Well I’m up but not sure what my day will bring. I still have a slight headache and my ears still hurt.

I need to do some desk work but that may be all I get to. Need to do a grocery run, but it can wait till this weekend. My remaining holiday decorations are sitting next to the closet waiting to be put away. They are out of site so if I don’t get to it till this weekend that’s fine with me.

Waving to y’all...
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:51 am

first friday!!! I like the sound of that!

(((your headache and your ears))) waving to you sweet rose

wishing you and all a wonderful Friday and a day of balance!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:56 am

Awakened to find that HRH had literally been awake all night, unable to sleep because of meds getting him off-track in various ways. He had rearranged the furniture, reorganized all kinds of stuff, redone his meds cabinet, put away from dishwasher, eaten yesterday's leftovers, taken a shower in master bath, all without waking me. There are two bags of trash. He says, "I didn't throw away anything remotely important. Not remotely." :| Dd gets up and says, "I am in love with the furniture rearranged like this!" :| Tobias is exhausted.

Dd had purposely locked her laptop in the gallery "closet" at work so that she could attend the basketball game, but when she returned, her building had been locked early. So she must return to work today. She has a call in to her boss to see if a rescheduling of their meeting could be this morning (that was one of the reasons she went yesterday, but boss had to cancel). If so, she'll go alone but if not I'll go with her and we'll do errands.

So I'm in limbo... ..

Nope, turns out I'm going... and she wants another office supply run...
She spent hours yesterday organizing the giant closet (10 x 10 with vaulted ceiling). She only took a break to go out to the office supply store to buy containers. She says they owned so many things they didn't even know they owned because of turnover of just the couple of job descriptions allowed to have keys. And the level above her has so many other responsibilities they seldom look at supplies. Now she's there for her junior and senior year, so she thinks she can set it up with consistency and make it part of training.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:59 am

Hi!

I was up before 7. I am getting into the habit of having the Roomba going as soon as I finish in the bathroom. While I am in there, I pick up the towel that we use on the floor and then the floor is as clear as it's going to get for the Roomba to do it's job. The cat is never impressed because she will not go to sleep while that noisy thing is scooting all over the place.

The beef pie that we had last night was really, really good. I boiled some carrots and potatoes to go with it. I also made some beef gravy, but it didn't turn out, so we skipped it. We are going out for Vietnamese tonight.

I have a bunch of errands to get done after dh leaves after we have lunch.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:10 pm

today I am hoping to stay home.

Younger old dog is having pain - hips are going. I gave her pain meds. hoping this is a temporary. her heart and brain are strong. praying for her.

I had a talk with Kat (A better life with Kat) (she is my weekly home mentor). She is trying a new program for people with clutter. My clutter is mostly stuff for large family, dd younger (mostly) and dd older in the basement. But I do have stuff-(a lot less but I can do more) books etc.

She had me look at all my rooms and list the clutter %'s through out my house. She is having me do one day a week of my zone work (no more than 15 minutes) and the other 4 days to do 15 minutes in the most cluttered room until done. My family room has all the photos movies in one corner,(thinking I would get to them each evening (I didn't)). She wants me to do my routines, my bwp, use my planner, etc.

It was a really interesting exercise and I found that I had been looking at everything...zone work, repairs, painting, decorating, decluttering all at once so it seemed the work was overwhelming. Also I thought I had clutter every where - i don't yay! So now I can see what is the clutter areas and their percentages. I am working on the worst job first. Wish me luck. 8-) :D Kat always says to tell my stuff and work that "I have a plan for you" and can do the work I need. :D

wishing you all a good day.
1. shower2s (it's already 10:10 am)

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:16 pm

hi d cathy! I am so happy you love your roomba! dinner sounded water.

hi d harriet! (((your sweet dh))) praying for your dh!
hoping your day is full of purpose and this is the only limbo that you do https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gq7pxUgjLz0
i hope your sweet dd gets her computer today!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:29 pm

I've been working at a fairly steady pace. Oops....there goes the dryer signal so will go fold that LOL very soon before wrinkles set in. Took care of the dishes in the drainer, cleaned off the kitchen/dining tables, made the bed, ordered meds, put a piece of dd's mail in the mailbox, put water bottles/grocery bags in the trunk. So, I've not been idle today for a change. Feeling a bit better but still feeling a little bit winded or something. Haven't completely figured out how it is that I do feel.

DD had to go to work today -students go back Monday. Why teachers had to go today is a mystery. She can leave when her work is done -they had a meeting (mandatory) from 10:30-12, but other than that she's free to leave when she's done with teacher prep work. Could have done all that at home. She really felt bad for teachers who couldn't plan their 'away' time because they would have had to be back by Wednesday to be sure they were here for 'teacher work day'.

DBailey obviously is not feeling well today. Dh is going to give her a chewable baby aspirin shortly.

Off to get the clothes folded and put away. Washed our sheets yesterday and dd/dh ended up making up the bed. I didn't even see them go by me in the office with the armful of sheets. Guess I was too engrossed in trying to straighten out our fees for EZ Pass & Sunpass. Have an email off to Sunpass and attached the billing for the EZPass so they could see where there's duplication. Wonder how often that's happened before and I never noticed.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:30 pm

Cathy, thank you for the recommendation about the meat pie.

Having a short break with dgs then I will drive them to their lunch date. Then I will go to the organizer store.

Bought some things from the thrift store as a start.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:51 pm

enjoy your day dear Kathryn!

Return to “Post When You Can”