First Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: First Friday

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:00 pm

working with timer 5 minutes at a time because my brain can't face doing 15 minutes 8-) ;)
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:17 pm

Blessed - I enjoyed the Limbo Rock - Chubby Checker song. Thanks for sharing!

We are in the second hour of homeschool.

DD could not safely get home after her work so she spent the night on the couch at a coworkers house. Once the sun came up this morning she drove home. It took her about 4 times as long because the roads are in horrible condition with the ice and snow. We have bright sunshine today and it is supposed to get up to almost 50F degrees so the roads should heat up and melt off in a few hours. DGD7 went home with DD for a few hours. DD and DH are going to look at a vehicle that a friend has for sale this afternoon.

I have plans for going to the Y after lunch.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:21 pm

so glad she is safe d lady!
have a great day.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:26 pm

Br-r 34* 47 * today's temps. I had some hot tea. Did my at and planning. Delt with a pile of papers I had in a basket for today. 15 min. Or less yea me! Creativity room is my zone this week.
I need to figure out finishing a border on a knit shawl. I have finished the main part of.

Waving to everyone.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:28 pm

I started the thread then disappeared. I started the day off balance with dd calling at 8:45 needing to take the rental car back. She was away with four middle school age kiddos and they all got back late last night. I had said I'd go to pick her up when she took the car back, but didn't realize it would be early morning; I thought they got back today. I hadn't even finished my first cup of coffee when she called.

I ran into dfriend M when I was leaving earlier and she walked dMuffin while I was out; she was already walking R uby and was stopping to see if I wanted to go. Of course, Muffin tried to sucker me into another walk when I got back. I do need to get off my bottom and get my steps in for today.

I think I posted in health and wellness that my weight has dropped a bit finally. I've been walking daily except for the time away, and eating better for two days anyway.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:38 pm

The place you two Canadians bought the meat pie -they don't have one on the U.S. side do they? Sounds good.

The "bug man cometh" or in the case the 'gal'. So that's done for another few months. A necessary evil of living in FL I'm afraid.

Had posted on FB our dilemma with Sunpass and EZPass. The one comment we've had so far is from our very dear friend from up home who lives in Davenport during the winter. Happened to them too. I'm waiting to see what Sunpass says. It's happened (I think) only on the major turnpike, 429 & 408. Our Polk Parkway is definitely Sunpass. The others I think I"ve noticed an "E-Pass" as we've gone under them.

Editing: Hmmmm….have had a few replies. One had talked with EZPass who said they're now recognized on the Central Fl system. Aha! Well, ours is off now and will remain off till we go north again. It would be okay if it simply was universal throughout the state.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:42 pm

I'm not having a great day, but I'm pushing on.

Was thinking I'd just organize what I could at my desk while I wait for replies to all the emails I sent 2 days ago. Started copying things I need to keep for insurance audit while the cpa has all the original forms. That's when I noticed the mistake I made on the 3rd quarter. Put in 1 month's salary instead of 1 quarter's. Know they would find that when the other information I send in hits the system. I didn't owe more money in taxes since I reached our limit in the 1st quarter, but just the reporting was wrong.

Got into the corrected form and tried to correct. Absolutely awful form to navigate, no instructions that made any sense and I tried and tried... finally called them and got in a 2-hour call waiting lineup. While that was going on in my ear (our speaker phone squeals so I don't use it) I went back and forth in the document and managed to figure it out after about an hour-and-a-half. :?

Printed that stuff out. Now I have piles of papers back here in 3 places and all over my desk and my brain is just befuddled. I can't make sense out of where I was and what I'm doing. This stuff never used to be so hard for me. I've lost my ability to figure out problems and keep so many things at once straight.

.............sigh........................

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:58 pm

Good morning everyone! I got the needed chores done yesterday and came home to dad finishing the LR painting and mom washing out paint rollers. All that remains is minor ceiling touch up, which I can do after they leave. I did not have time for B&B, but since today is payday, there is no danger of bouncy checks. Parents leave tomorrow. Tonight we are going out to eat with a mutual friend who is in town from Florida.

Major payroll success: coworker and I both remembered that a retiree had told us of a beginning of year procedure that had to be done. I was able to find my notes on it within 5 minutes and it had a permanent solution. The view query will be changed and it will never have to be done again!

I have decided not to talk to N and B about not being invited to future parties. They will get feedback in the form of missing invitations. If anyone asks me, I can just say the hostess has your contact info. If N wants to bring B to any of my parties, I will tell her "not if you are planning to do shots." I am not planning to directly invite B. Will invite G though and if xBFF wants to invite her to anything, she can get contact info and do it without going through N. B only wants to go to parties to hunt single men. I am not a safari guide.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:30 pm

At lunch at last. Exhausted but have one more store to go to. Walmart. So I am resting while I eat.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:04 pm

I am still mostly lollygagging about, although I did two 15-minute purges in the garage. I texted assisted living re mother's birthday tomorrow, and texted my massage therapist re changing appt next week. (I am going to DAR meeting that a.m.) Need to schedule vet appt for ddog and hair appt next week also I think.

If I do those two things I might take a nap after that. Not sure about supper tonight, should ck with dh re whether he is going to temple and eating dinner there. I am not.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”