Simple First Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Simple First Saturday

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:05 am

Keep it simple, friends!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Re: Simple First Saturday

Postby Harriet » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:23 am

Good morning.

Simplicity today is working out well for me. Just a good morning of routines after good sleep. Gee, that's all I ask! :) Then I'll be doing the things I told myself to do last night. (smile - meaning I made out a 5x5)

5x5
clean front bath
whites load of laundry
renovate kitty potty
grocery (mail as I leave)
visit colorist tonite (no - omitted for a few days)

Creativity
Fill and hang card wreath
Decide on pretty calendar

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:37 am

I have a busy day (for me at least) with picking up dcousin to see dmom for her birthday, then having friends for dinner tonight. I need to get myself organized and get going this a.m. I don't know these people for tonight very well, frat brother of dh who just moved to this area.

-list for today, update journal, grocery list for later
-breakfast and meds
-change clothes, brush teeth etc.
-walk the dog
-empty dishwasher, kitchen counters, etc.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:12 am

I took a quick walk this morning. I had a choice of walking on .....smooth black ice.....crunchy frozen snow....or ice that was formed in shape of tire tracks. I have had my fill of snow & ice. I like to experience it every year for a day or so. I like for the kids to play in it, build snowmen and eat snow ice cream, but then I want the snow & ice to GO AWAY!

I prep'd my breakfast for the next week. I am still enjoying eating Oatmeal in a Jar almost every day.

I fed oatmeal to the kids. They like theirs prepared differently from me. DH is cooking pancakes for breakfast because he doesn't like oatmeal.

This evening our extended family is gathering at DNephew home to celebrate DMom's 88th birthday. DNephew has a huge building that is perfect for large groups. It has a kitchen, bathroom plus a large open area for tables on one end and the other end of the building is a basketball court. The kids (young & old) enjoy playing basketball while everyone visits. I haven't decided what I'm taking. I need to get those decisions made and the dishes started.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:24 am

good morning.

time outdoors is a great thing. good for you d lady! yay on prepping your breakfast
Happy birthday to your d mom!!. have a great time tonight! thank you for starting us with simplicity. :D

hello d twins! Happy birthday to your d Mom!!
have a great day!

good morning d Harriet!
simplicity oh I want to think and act with simplicity rather than ping pong brain!
enjoy your day!

hello all!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:31 am

hello. younger old dog --- calling vet for appointment - may have to take her in tomorrow. fingers crossed. Thinking her hip dysplasia is finally getting the best of her. she is a shepherd/lab. her brain is great - so sad.

we are supposed to go to see d nephews new baby (everyone is going - dd's of course are still out of town. they are having a local deep dish pizza for dinner - figured out if I cut it in half I will use 12.5 points on ww. I had 7 pts. for lunch. planning on omelette with veggies - 0 points
keeping fingers crossed.

ready to start
listened to kat today
I have my l*st for today 8-)
wishing you a great day if I can't come back. waving!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:02 pm

I simply didn't sleep well last night. Then, this morning in bed when I realized why, I started to cry. I had forgotten my melatonin.

Now that I'm getting better, my bedtime routine isn't as regimented and I don't actively come across treatment for the concussion. I stopped the magnesium because of the effect on my bowels but may have to add it back if it is reminding me to take the melatonin.

<skippable reflecting>

The reason I keep forgetting it is that it requires about 5 - 10 minutes of me doing nothing with my mouth as it dissolves under my tongue. But I'm so tired at night, I'm racing to bed as fast as possible. First I start the humidifier, take my final night-time pills (advil and/or vitamin C or B depending on how I feel) and then floss teeth, brush teeth, wash face and pee and night-guard in. By the last, I'm practically falling into bed because physically I'm so tired.

I often take the melatonin then but sometimes I wake up still with the grit or taste in my mouth and I was worried about mouth sores so I now I'm trying to remember before I start my routine.

I think Harriet's comment from last night about setting an alarm to start going to bed is the most useful idea. I don't have a lot of evening meetings and my phone is on silent when at the theatre so that might work. Then I can pause what I'm doing, take the melatonin and start the humidifier, and then finish up the task at hand and work towards getting into bed. That way the melatonin is before the 'mouth' stuff.

</skippable thinking>

As a result of my lack of sleep last night, I'm thick this morning. Of course all the Tidying Up stuff is in my head. I didn't really KonMari my kitchen last time (I petered out before getting to it) so that's high on my mind.

Doing one or two drawers at a time (Declutter 365 method, for example) doesn't really address the problem which is things aren't like-with-like and are not even logical in some cases. I tried to get things set up logically when unpacking after the move but there was also the rush to get things put away and I've been tweaking that instead of stepping back, emptying the cupboards and deciding what is working.

Plates and glassware (regular plus Christmas) are working so that doesn't need redoing. If anything, I need to buy more plate because I only bought 8 when we moved in order to force me to keep up with dishes. I've broken a plate since then and the extended family is bigger so I need more dinner plates.

I'd like new glasses since these are almost 20 years old but I still have more than enough so that isn't a need. And the kids don't like them so I can't pawn them off on the kids. They got etched in the dishwasher after the move (harder and hotter water) so I'd like new but I don't need new.

But that's all that is basically perfect behind the kitchen cupboard doors. The rest of it is a mess!

Well, if I sit here writing about it, nothing will happen. I'm going to s2s and then debate starting the challenge. Today's Declutter365 is kitchen linens so I could pull them all out (two locations), sort (not much will go since I'm pretty on top of them) and then move them back into a single location, like-with-like.

That's a manageable bite for today.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:25 pm

Okay. A plan is made for what I will take tonight and I assembled all ingredients to make sure they are on hand. I'm cooking/taking a big pot of Beef & vegetable soup, a pan of cornbread and an apple betty.

I don't feel like I've accomplished much this morning but the completed card count is at 51 so I am making progress. I am so far behind in so many areas that it is easy for me to focus on what I haven't done instead of what I have done.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:35 pm

d kathryn so sorry you had a bad night sleep! (((tears)))
yes - totally understand dd younger still has issues at times with this. she knows what she wants to say but getting it out is the issue. ((()))
i think it's awesome that behind the cabinets it is great! that is something to cheer about!

hi d lady beef and veggie soup sounds wonderful
same with corn bread and apple betty

51 cards is progress. imagine if you hadn't done any!!! good for you. keep on the path - you are doing great.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:37 pm

I am still doing my kat homework - 15 min declutter a day, from one spot until done before moving on. 1 day a week zone work.

kitchen morning routine is done. now for shower2shoes
cutting myself off of youtube

have a great day

Return to “Post When You Can”