Sunday Catching up and Planning Ahead

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Sunday Catching up and Planning Ahead

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:28 pm

I'm still trying to CUOP from yesterday and no one has started a thread for today. I'll go first.

I need to do some catching up and planning for the week. One week from today I'll be heading west to SLC.

What are your plans for the week? What do you have to do today to catch up from last week?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Sunday Catching up and Planning Ahead

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:00 pm

I'm still in pajamas and just finished (finally) CUOP from yesterday. I had started reading a book on Friday night so I read yesterday until I finished it - most the afternoon after I got home from lunch with dmom and cousin, then last night until eleven p.m. Our dinner guests had to cancel but then we were invited for simple dinner by other friends. They had made a batch of spaghetti then their out of town son cancelled on coming in, so they were left without a dinner date.

I slept in this morning; dh and ds have gone to C ostco and will be home soon. I have turned off the TV but it will be back soon, lol.

Need to get moving myself...
-get dressed, brush teeth (need to s2s later)
-walk the dog
-breakfast/meds'
-do I need to start a lol?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:12 pm

I had a laundry load going while at church. Set it to dry when I walked back in.

Church was good. I was prepared with lots of paperwork and have very little left to do before finishing report and starting on January filing. Sermon was one on which I was scribbling notes since I teach on part of the same Tuesday

My dOldestBoyCousin had sad news for which I was partially prepared (his late sister's widower is in a difficult health situation and hospice called in). I appreciated that he took the time to explain it all to me, because it's hard to understand.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:21 pm

Hi!

I think it's baby day in the K-in-C family.

I am taking down the rest of the Christmas decorations so it decided to snow. That lasted less than 5 minutes.

I am also doing laundry.

Dh is BBQ-ing a couple of steaks tonight.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:45 pm

I win the most high achieving goal for the week - doubling my number of grandchildren!

But, God willing, not until Tuesday.

Dfs texted and I jumped at the notification thinking it might be dd. I'm out shopping but am prepared with my suitcase in the car!

Dfs is back home. Baby Iris and mom are still here because they were too sick to travel. So they are flying home this upcoming week.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:07 pm

Hello.

Quiet day here in the Village, isn't it! It is quiet here at home also. Dh & I were up early to have breakfast and watch church. Kitchen, living room, dining room, bedroom and bathrooms are neat and clean. We have had lunch and are now waiting for ds#2 and ddil to arrive. When I talked to him last evening he said they would be here by mid-morning, hmmm. They will be taking our computer desk to give to the Scottish Arts Foundation for their office where they have been using a folding table for their office work. It is a nice desk...heavy, solid wood blond finish. Anyway, it will be gone and I'm glad someone will be able to use it.

Yesterday I got half of the Christmas decorations down and put away; the small tree on the buffet in the dining room, etc. I cleaned the furniture good, the red tablecloth and table runner are still on, but it looks nice in there.

Thinking of everyone here, wishing all a nice Sunday afternoon.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:14 pm

Did my qt then went back to back feeling rough chicken soup in the crock pit for dinner.
Still in pjs at noon plus 15 min.
Waving to all of you have a great and restful day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:57 pm

took d younger (13 year now) dog to er vet over night. she is getting fluids now and they will see if she has pancreatitis tomorrow and then we have information to decide what to do. The vet is trying to see if there is something other then her hips. He blood pressure is low. and they are going to see how her heart is. she is on IV now. $2400.00 on cc. but I had to see. I just don't want her in pain. I really thought we would loose older (14 year old) dog first. She was the one who stopped eating etc. now she is a puppy again. so praying for young dog not to be in pain. If they think she is in pain they will call me.

hope you are all well.
Just got home - next thinking of all of you first!
waving at you.

next go through paper for coupons
picking up dd older at air port. I think she will spend the night here instead of driving home.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:14 pm

KWYM, Blessed. Going through pretty much same thing with DBailey here. She is a little more mobile today though. She's as much our dog as DD's. We've been with her pretty much all the time since she came to live with them as a puppy. It was literally making me ill last night to watch her. Today she seems better. Not sure it's not her hip as well.

Just went for a walk after doing dishes. Now am going to take a break and watch one of the Christmas movies I have 'stored'.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:33 pm

(((blessed and family)))

Dee, yes. My dstepdil says she is very unwell with concern, too.

All best wishes to each family pet in the village.

Sunny, what a wonderful donation you could make.

HRH was just so down and quiet when I got home that I went out for no other reason than to bring him back a berry pie he thought would taste good. He goes from lots of energy (like the other night with all the furniture rearrangement) to feeling very low-energy. I had made a veggie stew, but he wasn't tasting it well - thinks the meds are messing with his taste buds.

Ds, ddil and children walked/rode over and played in the yard and Toddler C sat with HRH on the porch in the child-size rocker, wearing her "4-wheeler" helmet. She sang him the days of the week and told him she is going a lot faster than he is lately, lol. Our green-eyed boy was not allowed (by Mommy) to go into Grandma's house to the bathroom and was sent to the woods. :( He insisted he liked that just fine. :| But I don't like sending any menfolk to the woods, certainly not my darling little ones, high on the VIP list.

Ds is sporting a mustache and ddil makes no bones about not liking it. I told her the Minnie Pearl quote. She still shakes her head, and equates it with dyeing her hair bright red. Ds laughs. HRH took her side, but I like the mustache because his father often wore one. I'm sure it's on its way out for the sake of the face masks, etc. We talked about famous mustaches and I was surprised ds agreed with me that the Selleck mustache was the most famous.

Return to “Post When You Can”