Monday 5 x 5

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Monday 5 x 5

Postby Nancy » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:40 pm

Did my first 5 :
Vod
Start washer
Kit zone work
Dump trash
Reset WiFi

2nd 5
Declutter
Vacuum bedrooms
Lunch
Hem pants
Walk dog

3rd 5
Finished reading a book.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:57 pm

Hello...

5 x 5 is a good fit for today. I have spent the morning cleaning out, decluttering and reorganizing the large closet in our family room. The closet is 10' x 4'. I dusted the shelves and vacuumed the carpet as I went along. I have one 6' shelf unit at the end to go through and reorganize. There will lot of room left over .

The rest of the day...
at least one load of laundry
brush the dog -- outside
water inside and front porch plants
sweep driveway.

Next up is get some lunch; I've worked up an appetite this morning. All the best to everyone.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:07 pm

hello I really want to read about everyones day.

brother came over to talk about insurance and other things. back to normal. still I get nervous - but I am letting the last time go. I am learning I don't have to react in upset ness (lol at least for now). ;) 8-)

2 loads of laundry done
morning routine done
first floor vacuumed
home blessed dining room.
paperwork done
I thought I hadn't got anything done. I did better than I thought.

heard from vet - d 13 year old dog has fluids in her belly and around her lungs so they are going to see if it is her heart. I know she is in good hands. I would hate to have to put her down after all of this for her sake. (not mine) - my heart goes to her. I hope they can make her better.

I have to be an adult again... time for swish and swipe.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:47 pm

home blessing done
bathrooms swished and swiped
very dark and rainy outside.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:56 pm

Not really 5x5 but mine today are
— errands/appts — cleaners, library, doctor (DONE — when Dr appt is over; I’m in parking lot now.)
— Get tree down and put away
— Laundry
— Supper
— Exercise
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:27 pm

hello d lucy
hi d sunny
d nancy hi
hi d twins(sorry about your d dog having ear infections in both ears!)
hi d dee
hi d rose
hi to anyone I can't see in feed!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:57 pm

Just need to fold the sheets and put them away and #1 is done.

#2 is done except putting away the table. My brain failed me again and made the deliberate decision that I didn't need by RA keys and I did. I forgot about the door into the locker room.

#4 is done.

I need to still pack but have to wait for the floors to dry.

Dinner has to be on the table at 6:30 but I know what we are ordering so will put in the order for pickup before leaving the house.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:08 pm

Hi everyone! We had a 2018 -> 2019 crisis at payroll, but it is being worked. Progress last night: many LOLs put away (but more generated), other cleanup, FOUND the missing library book, moved food from fridge to freezer, bills and budget complete except checkbook balancing. Unfortunately, I found a mistake in a part of a Christmas crochet item and had to start that section over.

Today, I had so many lists, I had to start the day by consolidating them. The first thing I got done was resend the authorization form for the post-burglary repairs! Not sure why they didn't get it the first time, I replied to their own email. Dance classes start up again tonight.

Today is so complex outside of payroll, I had to write up a schedule: 2:30 leave payroll to arrive at home at 3:30, pack two kittens, 4:00 leave house with kittens for 4:30 vet appointment, return kittens home dropping book into drop box on the way, back out for pharmacy and either groceries or pet food (both if I am lucky), 7:00 dance class. When I get home there are five high priority tasks: thank you note to animal org donor, lookup how to transfer a car title (someone is donating us a car), thank you notes for Christmas, minutes and notes for animal org, check a kitchen circuit breaker. There are 12 items on the pending list that I should get to sometime this week.

Maybe I will return the library book I am in the middle of. There are quite a few books whose plots rely on our heroine being a complete moron. This one hinges on the police chief not returning voice mails. It is in a small town where the biggest ongoing crime is vandalism to churches costing tens of thousands, affecting multiple buildings and hundreds of parishioners, during Christmas where the resulting scheduling snafus are mind-boggling. Our heroine, who is known to be a respectable, non police pranking person repeatedly calls the police chief, leaves multiple voice mails about needing to give him some evidence she has accidentally uncovered. Does anyone really think he would refuse to call back?

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:44 pm

hi d elizabeth! oh so terrible about vandalism!
I wish you a lovely evening.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:48 pm

sweet d dog 13 (younger one).
1/2 her heart is failing. valves are leaking. So we are going to leave her at the vet tonight to see how the heart meds work and pick her up in the morning. She has fluids around her lungs that are causing her pressure. The vet suggested seeing how she does on the meds. She is so aware. I will bring her home and see how she does. I have a name of someone who will come to our house if needed to put her down. I knew when the vet didn't call, there was something going on.

Return to “Post When You Can”