Monday 5 x 5

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Monday 5 x 5

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:23 am

Harriet was listing her 5 x 5s yesterday so it seemed like a good day for us to be ambitious!

What are your 5 x 5 that you commit to doing today? Or do you have multiple 5 x 5 groups? (Do, Go, call?) Or 5 x 7? or 8 x 10 or another combination? Your call!

Get a flying start on the week by planning and executing flawlessly today!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Monday 5 x 5

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:36 am

It's hard for me to narrow down five top choices so I'm listing things that are out of my normal "range" for today.

-hang painting that dh bought for his birthday (why haven't I done this already?)
-take stuff on front steps upstairs and put away
-declutter 15 min upstairs, 15 min on photos
-put up hooks in front closet for the two coasts I use most often
-put up bulletin board in my office

I have plenty more to do today:
-drugstore
-vet visit for ddog
-hair appt
-go by temple
-resch body work
-8K steps
-and more....
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:51 am

I'll give the 5x5 a try.

1 - DD has already come and gone this morning. She brushed DGD7 hair and took her to school.
2 - Homeschool. 4 hours. 8-noon
3 - Meet with the lady about getting DS10 in the coop. This homeschool coop is almost a secret and you have to know someone to get information about it. They are selective who they let participate and they keep everything off the web. I finally decided it might be worth the effort of going through the interview process. We are being interviewed this afternoon to see if we are a fit.
4 - Sam's club. The "Buy This list is getting long
5 - Healthy habits and SHE cards will be done in between other things
Last edited by LadyMaverick on Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Dove

Postby Dove » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:53 am

Good morning, Twins & Lady M :)

Chilly here this morning. Dh is working with a friend today. I've fed dcat, the wild birds, & am sipping hot cocoa (yum) as I type this. Today is a catch up day for me. In keeping with the 5x5 theme, here is what needs to be done today:

1) Finish putting away the last of the Christmas decorations
2) Laundry (in progress)
3) Write an Off My Mind list
4) Clean the bathrooms
5) Pick up & put away misc in several rooms.

Have a great day, everyone!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:05 am

1: minimal Monday chores (water plants, refill humidifiers, wind clocks, fresh sheets on bed, sheets washed and dried.)

2: meeting with accountant (I now have a list of prep for that and I have to leave here in 90 minutes.) There's a return to WM as long as I am out with the car and something to put in the residents' group locker.

3. Pack to go to dd's. Not a lot to pack but pillows, towels, breakfast items for tomorrow.

4. Minimal housework: dust and vacuum our bedroom since dgs sleeps on the floor in there. Quick round of child proofing/prep. Mop kitchen floor.

5. Drive to dd's: on the way we have to pick up dinner and something for her off a porch from someone in the buy-nothing group.

I'm doing tea/chocolate/light now. Kitchen and bedroom are in order, laundry is in dryer, I'm s2s, my breakfast is ready for me to eat. Still, it will be tight to find all the papers I need and get packed up by 10:30.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:31 am

Morning y’all..

I have some footprints to put up after I finish my coffee and breakfast.

I am meeting my friend this morning at the car dealership in my area. Her car needs a check up. I’ll pick her up and head for breakfast. Then we plan to see Mary Poppins.

That football game Lucylee mention is on tonight. I will be wearing my AL shirt today. I made a pot of chili last night so as far as I am concerned dinner is done. I will be eating chicken and a salad.

Fingers crossed, I believe this crud is finally leaving my system.

Waving to y’all, off to start my day. No Perry this morning!
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:20 am

good morning everyone...
hello d rose, d twins, d harriet, d dove, d kathryn, d lady

5 x 5 may help me focus - i was loosing focus really fast... ;)
list 5 x 5 - waiting for vet to call. d younger old dog 13 was severely dehydrated which they (and I) don't understand why. missing her personality. the shepherd in her makes her really smart while our other sweet old dog 14 is the sweetest happiest thing but her brain is more like the flight of the fairies. :D
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:24 am

Keep feeling better, RR.

Have to think on my 5x5 -was already thinking that before I got up. Main focus today will be the annual reports I have in my custody. Mostly have to proof and CORRECT and format. Then for some reason when I go to put them all in single print format they try to change on me. It can drive me crazy. I slept (NOT) very poorly last night. It was after 4 before I fell asleep. Think one reason is dh is trying the bed again and I'm very aware of him. Then I often have a spot here or there on one or both feet that will bother me. Woke up at 7 and took my T-med. May have dozed a little till 8 when dh got up. Then I simply laid there till after 9:30. Had to answer my phone -it was a 'sales' call from our car dealer up north. And not even the guy we deal with. :cry: I was nice but told him we weren't interested in 'deals' right now.

Just finished my meds and now it's time for breakfast and coffee (been drinking decaf as the regular seems to be bothering my tummy lately.)
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:49 am

Guess mine will be 8x8 -hopefully a whole lot earlier than that. Edited: to revamp list and now it's 5x5! :lol: Nope1 Revamping once more to make it 6x6! :lol:
1. 90 minutes on annual reports: DONE
2. Do 20 minute walk actually it was 22.5 minutes. I was all in by the time I got back -mostly hip/back DONE
3. Do warm up exercises, wall pulley, 100 steps on stair stepper, bike 20 minutes, cool down exercises
4. Our office table: DONE
5. 60 more minutes on annual reports [b]only had to do 40 minutes tonight -DONE[/b]
6. Put up my meds for 4 weeks: DONE
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:02 pm

I'm home from vet appt with ddog, she had ear infections in both ears. Also got nails done, blood work, refill of meds, antibiotics to try on her bald spots in folds of skin. She has retreated to her bed to sleep off the trauma of the morning. I need to be out of here in 45 min or so to get to hair appt at 1 p.m.

I can't believe I put my Fitbit through the washer this a.m. I am going to add a task to my p.m. routine to put it by my bed or on my pajamas; I had left it on my jeans and got together a lol this a.m. and got it started. So the Fitbit is in a bowl of rice with a dessicant pak from some meds I had.

-take a load of stuff from front steps upstairs and put away
-find bulletin board for office and put up with command strips
-lunch

Return to “Post When You Can”