Tuesday in the Waiting Room with Kathryn

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Tuesday in the Waiting Room with Kathryn

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:45 am

It's baby day for Kathryn and her family. Hoping and praying all goes well for them.

While we do our normal duties, we have a virtual waiting room set up here. Help yourself to virtual pastries, juices, coffee and tea, while we wait for news

Say a little prayer as we go about our day also, for Kathryn, for her dd and family, for the miracles of medicine that have made it possible for them.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Tuesday in the Waiting Room with Kathryn

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:50 am

As usual I need to get moving, didn't get up until past 8 a.m. this morning. I have a dermatologist appt today and need to work around it. Yesterday's appts left me in and out of the house and unproductive.

My other bit goal for today is working on the list for things I need to research at the library next week. I have saved things with a "To do" tag in Evernote so need to pull those out in a list, and also look online at the records for each county where I'm researching. A lot of the records are available locally or online at FHL, those I don't need; I'm listing the ones that are unique to the FHL.

Working on a.m. routine next....out of the house at 10:15ish.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:41 am

Happy Birthday Lynlee!

Taking a seat in the virtual waiting room. So excited for Kathryn and family today!

I had a weird night sleep dreaming about organizing my kitchen cabinets! Plus a hot flash that woke me up and I started throwing the blankets off. Then later in the night, I woke up cold so I put all those blankets back on me. But all-in-all it was a good night sleep so I'm thankful for that.

DD was here at 7am to spend time with DGD7 and take her to school. That will be the only time they see each other today.

I've recruited DH to take care of the kids and their activities this afternoon while I'm taking DMom to her doctor appointment. Today's schedule -
8-9 Homeschool
9-10 DS10 & DH volunteering at Clothes Closet
10-12 Homeschool
lunch
1 - Vote (school bond)
2 - Take DMom to doctor
2:30 - DS10 piano lesson (DH)
3 - DS10 from piano lessons (DH)
3:30 - DGD7 from school (DH)
3:45 - DS10 to 4H meeting (DH)
5 - DGD7 to piano lesson - hopefull I'll be back in time to take her
5:30 - DGD7 from piano lesson
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:46 am

Morning...

Slept well with the windows open. Saw Mary Poppins and loved it.

Have work to do around the house. Bed already made and I got dressed as soon as my feet hit the ground. Want to make chicken soup sometime this week, maybe today. Also have some computer work to do.

Weather has warmed up enough that either I’m gonna walk today or take my bike for a spin if my stomach stays calm

Found a chain for a small gold heart to make my granddaughter’s necklace. I want to give it as a gift for the baby shower in st Louis next week. The heart was on a chain that I wore when I was a baby. I still have the portrait picture so I am going to reproduce and frame it as well. I hunted over the weekend for a 14”
gold chain. Almost order on from Amazon when I remembered I had one in my old jewelry box. Took it to my swap meet guy and it turned out to be 14K gold just like the heart. He put the necklace together and when I went to pay him, he said ...this ones on me. He is the same guy who helped me with my son’s Christmas medal.

Thinking of Kathryn knowing my day will come soon.

Off to start my day... wavingbto yall.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:58 am

I'm feeling a little bad about not making the kids go watch the Mary Poppins movie. It would take picking it as a battle and demanding they sit through it. I've seen several comments that children should see it in order to be "well rounded". Eek. I was concerned enough that I was messing up that I talked to DSon about it. DSon45 assured me that he turned out just fine even though I never made him watch the original MPoppins show. But I am concerned enough that I just made reservations to take DS10 and DGD7 to Philharmonic Orchestra performance next month of Peter and the Wolf to give them some exposure to musicals.
1. Know what you want.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:28 pm

Julie Catherine (named for great-grandmothers hence the spelling) was born at 8:30 this morning. She is 7 lbs 2.5 oz.

Dgs slept all through the night and got up at 7:40. We have skyped with baby J already.

This is the first time I have had a moment today. We are driving to our apartment now. The day is falling apart fast. He needs to eat lunch and then nap but we also have to get on the bus for downtown the minute we get home.

Not sure what the day will hold.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:35 pm

Congratulations to Kathryn & family on the birth of newest family member!! So very happy for you.
1. Know what you want.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:46 pm

Congratulations to Kathryn & family with new arrival of newest family member!! Yea!

Plan & play day today.
Store run done! Yea.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:58 pm

Congratulations to Grandmother Kathryn and Ken and DD & DSiL. She has a beautiful name.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO LYNLEE. I realize you had your birthday yesterday and we've missed that we should have wished this a day earlier to get on your day!

I am working on year-end stuff. I'll be glad when this is all done.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:51 pm

Happy Birthday Lynlee! I hope you had a wonderful day.

Congratulations Kathryn & Ken, dd and dfamily for the newest member of your dfamily. She has a very pretty name.

RRose, the heart necklace will be nice for your new dgrbaby. I still have the tiny cross I wore when I was a baby.

I have a grocery list started and we could go shopping, but dh didn't sleep well last night and doesn't want to go out. We could put that errand off a few more days, though. I have a load of laundry in the washer now, so will get that done. I will also try to finish with the family room closet this afternoon.

Thinking of everyone here...
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Return to “Post When You Can”