Tuesday in the Waiting Room with Kathryn

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Tuesday in the Waiting Room with Kathryn

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:49 pm

How wonderful, Kathryn! I thought we would be waiting longer! Beautiful name. All ok w dd?

Home from dermatologist appt and a little shopping. I need new bras, these are “blown” out. Unfortunately, not in stock so they were order3d to deliver to home. Reward was going into JJill next door, where I got a little waist pack, a sweater for dd and pants for myself.

I am outside w Muffin right now, 65 degrees here today.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:05 pm

Homeschool Day #104 is in the books. It went well.

We have made the decision to do the Homeschool Coop. I think being in this Coop will become valuable as DS10 gets older. I am not sure we will be given the opportunity to be a part of it if we turn it down. Adding the COOP means DS10 has extra activities 4 days a week. That is more than I want and I consider it to be maxed out. I want him to have time to just play and be a kid. I want him to have time to be bored and learn to fill his time creatively. I do not understand people who say Homeschool will restrict the child socially. If I ever had that concern, I know better now!

I went and voted. I feel strongly about the issue on the ballot this time.

I have an hour to get things done before leaving to get DMom and taking her to doctor appointment.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:10 pm

So happy Baby J is here, Kathryn. She sounds very precious. Congratulations to everyone!

Happy Birthday, LynLee -I even had a note next to your birthdate that you would be celebrating on our 7th.

Just came back from a shorter walk. Still making my back/hip go goofy and painful. I'll try cutting the next one even shorter. This one was only 18 minutes.

Dh is outside getting the pressure washer going. He plans to do the front sidewalk and the driveway. Both are blackened over the past few months.

Trying to find out if I'm expected "at" our church council meeting tonight (via phone). I really like Skype better but no one up there seems to have the capability. The only one who does is our Moderator and she's down here until March.

Went over to dbil/dsisil's for a couple of hours today. First we've been over there in over 2 weeks.

Got a 3-quart instant pot the other day. Think we're going to try a pork loin roast in in tonight. DD also has sweet potatoes to be baked. (We bought a larger pot before Christmas but it's too big for most things we want to do.) Any advice, LadyM? You ARE our instant pot queen after all.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:41 pm

Happy birthday to Lynlee!

Fitbit is working again after hanging out in rice for awhile, but battery is low. I'll need to go to drugstore for a battery, and I also have scripts there. Dermatologist recommended a different skin cream, but it's otc. I have an "extra bucks" coupon, I think.

I need to get moving and pry myself off this chair. I will start work at 2:45 and stop at 3:30. Anyone going along?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:35 pm

Coming back through.

I'll break 15 min then give 45 min to my FHL research list. It will be 4:30 then and I'll walk the dog and do some laps, now that the fitbit is back. Crazy that the battery says it's okay now. I may put off the drugstore until tomorrow when I go to the DAR meeting and get groceries.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:42 pm

Happy Birthday, Lynlee! Wouldn't it be boring if all your friends were the same? Thankfully they are not. We get to be the ones who are perpetually late! (I am convinced it's endearing)

Arrival joy for Julie Catherine. Lovely name. Happiness wished for the whole family

So does this mean Julie Catherine and Lynlee share a birthday? An extensive birthday?

Socialed out from teaching morning study, with 2 new people joining as well, and MUST NAP. Couldn't sleep well last night either because dd had to arise at 5 and HRH had already been so sleepless. I was thinking I could sleep after realizing dd was up and handling her morning well, but I never really got into deep sleep again, I don't think.

I couldn't post yesterday because any "free" time was spent on studying. But that was a great use of 5x5 planning all day. Great job, I enjoyed CUOP

Must say this much - twice yesterday, ya'll made statements that made me think you could be talking about me or someone like me, and it made me smile (though concerned) to see that you were talking about VIPs, for sure.

... ..is the sweetest happiest thing but her brain is more like the flight of the fairies.

She has retreated to her bed to sleep off the trauma of the morning.

And there's my cue .. ...

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:52 pm

Happy Birthday Lynlee!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:09 pm

LOL, Harriet, my comment about sleeping off the morning was about dMuffin!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:21 pm

Good afternoon everyone! And Happy Birthday to Lynlee and Julie Catherine! I got all the errand type stuff done yesterday, but not one of the high priority items. I did check the kitchen circuit breaker, but that is not the problem. I have three outlets not working. Last time this happened was when the popcorn popper shorted out. Over the holidays, my toaster broke. Elizabeth's Own Electrical Company has another outlet to replace. Since I fixed the last one, I can do this too. It's even the same outlet.

Neither kitten is seriously ill, but they did not like going to the vet or getting microchips. I am also not their favorite person now that both need eye wash followed by eye ointment twice a day. Walter gets antibiotics too, he had a fever. Vet thinks they are same age, with Walter's smaller size due to weaker immune system. Saw this notice at the vet: some peanut butters now include XYLITOL which is toxic to dogs and cats. It tends to be in "healthy" brands. They substitute it for sugar and call it "natural" because xylitol comes from wood. Natural is not synonymous with healthy!!!

Dance class went well even though I was the only student that day. At my suggestion, we incorporated canes into a modern jazz/hip hop style dance.

Tonight DD16 will be over for Girls' Night Out, which will be dinner and homework. I have GF pork, rice, and oranges. Salad if she wants it. While she works, I really should get a move on with that donor thank you note and the animal org minutes and notes. There is an animal org non-board meeting tomorrow at 4, but I will not be there. Cat coordinator will represent cat program. Since it is mostly about recent changes in the dog program, that should be sufficient.

Just wanted to clarify to blessedw2 that the vandalism occurred in a book of fiction I am reading, not a real small town. I hope your dog responds well the the meds.

ETA: Five minutes after posting this, DD16 called to let me know she will not be coming over tonight. She has a 57 minute online video as part of her homework and my internet connection doesn't have that much data! We could go to the library, but she is staying home.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:25 pm

so happy for you and your d family d kathryn!!!!
how wonderful!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”