Anti Procrastination Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Anti Procrastination Wednesday

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:22 am

“To think too long about doing a thing often becomes its undoing.”
– Eva Young

We have an anti-procrastination day here now and then, today seems like an excellent time. What is it that you "meant" to do in the new year? or, in my case, "meant" to do on Monday? This is a time to knock off those pesky items that haven't been done yet in the new year.

As Dee says....
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Anti Procrastination Wednesday

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:27 am

I have been putting off getting groceries for several days - dh went for me on Sunday but there were things he couldn't find, and things I didn't trust him to find. I also have the DAR meeting at 10:30 and will get groceries afterward. I also want to stop at the athletic shoe store here - a locally owned place - for new walking shoes if at all possible. Mine aren't that worn out but I like to have a newer/older to keep in the rotation.

I gotta get going, need to s2s, walk dog and have breakfast. I also realized last night that I forgot to give ddog antibiotics yesterday a.m. - we are trying to clear up some bare spots on her neck and tummy folds. I think they are from the days when she had such skin issues she was almost bald at times, this was in my mother's days.

-s2s
-breakfast/meds, meds for ddog
-kitchen counters/empty dishwasher
-make the bed
-start a lol

I don't know that I will get this all done in the 1.5 or so hours I have but I'm going for it....
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:43 am

Hi!

I gave the Roomba a few days off. She has been on vacation since Friday morning. I woke her up around 7 and she worked until her battery went down which was more than an hour. Then I mopped all of the ceramic floors. Dishwasher has been unloaded and reloaded. There is a sink full of pots and pans. Cat is curled up asleep.

I have also been on FB for longer than I would like to admit this morning. I stayed off of all media last night. Went to bed before 9 with a book.

Tonight is either going to an Italian buffet or having an omelette and using up the last of the thawed bacon.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:51 am

Went to breakfast with dbil/dsisil. He managed to procure a new stand alone cane for me. I'll leave it in the car as I will usually use it when we're going somewhere. I have a regular cane. Asked dh to get out the walker for me to try doing my walk with that today -hoping my back won't kick in so badly albeit I'm going to try taking 3 or 4 shorter walks during the day. Dbil gave us lots of pharmaceutical things he'd gotten from the gal where he got the cane. Most are still wrapped in the cellophane outer wrappers. She just had too much. She does a ministry for senior orphans and dbil helps out a lot. The cane still has the tags on it. Dh has all adjusted for me and as I asked, left it in the car for me. One thing we brought I suspected may have been opened and it had been so we just tossed it -C learlax. Dh uses that every day, but usually the generic equivalent from S am's.

Neither dh nor I could finish our breakfast -brought it home for the dogs as a treat later.

Had Church Council (up home) via a conference call last night. Went quite well and there were 2 others on the Council who are down here for the winter. Don't feel so bad that I'm not 'there' now. It went pretty well. Have a couple of suggestions for next month's meeting though. Our pastor was 'on' via speaker phone and that didn't work so well. Couldn't really make out what she was saying most of the time.

Time to get that Anti Procrastination thing going here. Maybe I'll list another 5x5 -seems to motivate me. I'm waiting on all the financial reports and Auditing Committee reports to come in and I can finish up my end of the reports. Know the Auditing Comm. is meeting Monday night. I need to get everything sent by Wednesday so the report can be ready to hand out on the 20th. Makes a very hard turn-around for us doing those reports. Our annual meeting isn't until the 27th.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:56 am

d 13 year old dog (younger of the two) is home but not doing well. (it's her heart) dh and I agree to give her one more day and then decide. unless she suddenly makes a bad turn. I am thinking she is not going to get better. Can't say we didn't try.

I have a mammogram tomorrow which I am going to cancel and I was supposed to take down my aunts Christmas decorations tomorrow too. I will call her.

poor girl! I wish I could keep this one forever. Can't believe it's been 13 years already.

hello to all of you. wishing you a day filled with kindness, joy and everything wonderful!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:03 pm

(Blessed & family)

I have been putting off searching for some keys. Looked in my purse found $ I had forgotten about I had set it aside for when I could got to Micaels last fall that trip 60 miles away from here did not happen a Happy surprise! Especially around this time of year.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:43 pm

(((Blessed))))

DD didn't show up this morning so I got DGD7 dressed, fed and to school. DD called later in a panic because she had overslept.

Homeschool Day #105 with DS10 is done. At least the lessons we do at home. I'll take DS10 to band class this afternoon.

I messed up last night. DH made pancakes and I ate one. Ugh. Bad bad bad idea. My body does not handle heavy carb (flour) and syrup AT ALL. I think I blacked out during the night. I woke up not feeling well and walked to the kitchen to get something to eat in hopes it would raise my blood sugar. I felt like I was going to pass out so I quickly got on the ground. The next thing I knew I was starting to feel better. I don't know how much time passed between feeling like I was about to pass out and realizing I was starting to feel better. It was a scary experience that I don't want to repeat.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:51 pm

Know what you're feeling all too well ((((Blessed)))).

Glad you had enough wits about you to get down, LadyM. Not a good feeling for sure.

Well, I've sat here for an hour already. Time to get on with that "anti procrastination" I would think. Off I go -this time for sure!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:04 pm

Good morning everyone! I think I have spent the entire morning on the phone! The x called me about DD16's IEP meeting. Cat coordinator called me about tonight's meeting. DD's school's evaluator called to set up an appointment to talk about DD. DURING that call, the school called to confirm that I would be at the IEP meeting. I also had to call the insurance company because CUE HALLELUJAH CHORUS, the cops found one of my stolen items. A shoplifter caught at a nearby Wal Mart had it in his car and the responding officer was the one who handled my burglary. He saw the guitar in the suspect's car and recognized it. (The suspect claims a "friend" asked him to pawn it for him). I went to WM and identified it by some existing damage that is now worse. The officers sent it home with me. I asked if I needed to sign for it, but he said he got it on video (his or WM's, I wonder). So now, I need to know how to repay the insurance company for the recovered item and how they handle more damage on top of existing damage.

What I did get get done last night: donor thank you letter, all Christmas thank you notes, balance checkbook, kitten meds and socialization, and all other daily stuff. I was in my PJs at 11:00 when the officer called about the guitar, so I got to bed about 45 minutes later than I wanted, but I am happy about it. I am not the kittens' favorite friend due to the meds, but I wrote the notes while petting them, then they played running games down the hall. The latter was good because it is the first time I have seen Pokey when he is not laying down. They must be feeling better, they are more active and playful. Walter doesn't look good yet, but is steadily improving.

Tonight's plan starts with finding out if the 4 pm meeting is still going on when I get to Work City and if my presence is required. I have to return an item to a store that is on the way whether I go to the meeting or straight home. There is paperwork I need to find for the teacher meeting on the 16th. That should get me started on finishing the 2018 filing. Must also repair the sweater I am wearing. And those blasted minutes for the animal org. Today and yesterday have been migraine days, don't know why. The meds have done their job.

Hugs to the blessedw2 family.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:21 pm

Aw, bw2, I'm so sorry. Will be thinking of your family including ddogs.

DAR meeting was ok - I was a little late and sat down at a table that only had two ladies, then both announced they weren't staying for lunch. So I moved to another table to eat but I never thought about skipping the lunch. Today it was a chicken casserole (with white rice), green beans, salad, roll and dessert. I ate chicken casserole but skipped dessert and roll. No slow carbs, and not a lot of protein I suspect.

I got some groceries and went to drugstore so those procrastinated tasks are done. I'm leaving Sunday and dh is away Friday through Sunday afternoon so we didn't need much.

I'm going to give myself about 45 min of downtime, then get busy.

Return to “Post When You Can”