Make Thursday What You Need

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Make Thursday What You Need

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:31 am

What's your need today? A day off? Full speed ahead on a project you haven't started yet? Slow and steady on your goals? A trip to the Y?

Make today what you need to make the day successful for you and you alone!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Make Thursday What You Need

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:45 am

I need to continue plodding ahead with this week and planning for the get away on Sunday to SLC. Dh will leave tomorrow a.m. and doesn't get back home until Sunday after I leave so I have parts of two days alone. I feel like I've been running around so much I haven't spent much prep time for next week either.

I have body work today, trying to get my shoulders back. I should be stretching but that's another story. I am spending awhile daily getting in my 8K steps so that's on track.

Next week will unfortunately, be difficult for my WOE and walking program.

I gotta get moving, I need to be out of the house in an hour....

-breakfast and meds (dog meds too)
-wash up, get dressed, brush teeth
-walk the dog
-make the bed
-clear kitchen counters

Dh has suggested dinner out tonight so I'm not cooking.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:55 am

Good Morning to all

My day is off to a good start. DD arrived at 7am and got DGD7 ready then took her to school. I texted DD yesterday about the need for her to take a more active role in DGD7 life. I didn't get a response.

Today's plans -
8-noon Homeschool
lunch
1-3:30 YMCA
3:30 DGD7 from school
Dinner
6-8pm DS10 to Robotics meeting

I am thrilled to have time to go to the Y today
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:59 am

Morning Twins and y’all...

My good friend who just moved a couple of hours from me call yesterday it see if she could visit while the friends she’s renting from is moving stuff from that home. She’ll get here today. We always have a great time together and it helps that sweetie adores her.

Luckily because I pick up my footnprints and keep up with my dailies, my house is guest ready.. even her bed has clean sheet on it. We used to be roommates in college and later lived close to me so she knows me well. I don’t feel the need to scurry around getting things ready, so it’s nice to just breath while I wait for her to arrive.

I am making chicken pot pie in my slow cooker for dinner. I also have a drs appointment this morning. Need to finish my coffee and start my day. Have a great one.

Oh blessed I’m thinking of you and your pup today... hugs

Elizabeth... which UT did you go to? Tennessee perhaps :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:37 am

Since I just received the December report from our treasurer up home, guess my 'need' for today is to get that all transferred. Usually takes a few hours to get it all typed in where it needs to go and get it formatted and corrected.

I was late getting up and have been trying to get my mojo going. Need to get the BGS out I guess. Not sure what I want to do first. Was going to do the dishes but dh already had done them. Nice!

Trying to decide whether to go to Trivia tonight with dd. Not sure if the 'boys' are going or not. I'm ready for some dd/Mom time I think.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:47 am

I need a rest! Instead, dgs is the one napping as we drive him home.

It took an hour to get out the door this morning and I still forgot his backpack. So had to go back up to the apartment from the garage.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:57 am

I seem to be looking for something I can't find -AMBITION! Have any of you seen it? :roll:

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:14 pm

Taking a break from homeschool while DS10 goes and works at Clothes Closet with DH. They will be back in about 30-60 minutes. DS10 has done very well so far with his lessons. He has complete 5 Math lessons and 5 English lessons in the first 2 hours. Those are his most difficult subject so everything else now is easy.

I am trying a new-to-me recipe in Instant Pot. I bought a 3 lb bag of Vegetable Medley from Sams with the intention of eating the broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots raw. But I decided to try making a soup out of them. I am using this recipe and this recipe as the basis and taking ideas from each to make my own version of the vegetable soup. I had to cram the vegetables to get them to fit inside the 6quart Instant Pot. It was foolish of me to overfill it. If I make this soup again then I will split the 3lbs of vegetables into 2 Instant Pots. I just heard the IP go off that it is finished the 15 minutes of cooking ****big relief*** I am thankful it didn't blow up from being overfilled.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:27 pm

I'm sorry I didn't bring my computer. Dgs is still asleep so I am sitting in the car in range of WiFi but with just my phone.

Dgs went to sleep last night without any tears just a few seconds of whining. The key is to go to bed with him and to not do his regular night routine. So his bedtime books are in the bed with him but he looks at them himself and we don't replace his parents.

He slept 9 hours and woke up happy.

We played, we baked cheese scones, we had a good breakfast and we cleaned up. I packed food for lunch.

Dh put away his bed and dgs loaded the washer for me so I could start the laundry. The dishwasher was also running when we left. So a good start to the day.

He's been asleep 45 minutes so far. I'm not sure how much longer I will will let him sleep. It is quite cold out and he doesn't have a jacket on because it is not safe to be in a car seat with a winter coat or snow pants. At least he has hat, mitts, and boots on and he is tucked under a blanket. I figure when I get too cold, it is time to go inside. I don't have mitts or a hat but am in a down jacket.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:49 pm

Did find a little piece of that ambition and made out 2 "Thinking of You" cards and got them out to the mailbox. Shortly after the mailman came, so have been out to get that as well. That's it! That's all I've done so far today. Will soon be time to make lunch. Dh has a Trustee's meeting at 1 so will be eating shortly. Off I go to get out left overs.

Return to “Post When You Can”