Make Thursday What You Need

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Make Thursday What You Need

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:43 pm

lost sweet dog younger today. much love to you all. :cry:
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:53 pm

I got soup going in the crock po t for dinner for h and a side for me.
I walked the dog.
H is home.
Got out some of the dogs toys she is happy.
Hugs to you blessed & family.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:01 pm

Rest easy now, dear ddogyounger, beloved of blessed's family.
Pain free, greeting loved ones across the rainbow bridge.
((Blessed and family))
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:04 pm

readings and responses done.
I'm becoming more able to write in the positive present on my way allowing change.
Washing is on the line.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:15 pm

(((Blessed & family)))

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:27 pm

I'm actually posting from my computer and not my phone! Such luxury.

I still have the bedroom to 'put to rights' but aside from that, we've erased almost all of dgs' footprints.

He was so funny when we said we were going. He got a worried look on his face (after all we kept taking him to his parents and then taking him away) and we said, "Nana and Buppa are going; but you're staying here with Baby J, Mommy and Daddy."

He replied back, "Nana and Buppa go. Take Baby J."

So dd explained that Baby J was staying with Mommy and that she couldn't go anywhere without Mommy for a very long time.

We got stuck in rush hour traffic again and dh chose the 13 minute longer route (because it was brain-dead driving and he wasn't in a rush.) That's when I posted last time. When we were coming off at our exit I suddenly told dh to turn the opposite way from home so we could go to the license bureau.

I renewed the vehicle registration on December 19. It says allow 5 business days and gave us temporary information to print off in case we're pulled over but that's only good for 10 days after the license expires. We're now 12 days after expiration and 11 business days (due to all the holidays) after I renewed and still nothing in the mail so we had to go line up. Thankfully, there was only 1 person in front of us. Apparently late on cold-advisory days in January, people don't run errands!

I've been worried about this because I knew that temp paper was going to expire around the time dgd was born and I'd be distracted and too busy to do anything about it. So the first time we had a moment, I made us go and ended up choosing the perfect time to run that errand.

At home I had to reboot my computer to do an update (it hasn't been on for almost 3 days except for a few minutes last night.)

We had dinner, just burgers, and then watched a couple of episodes of the tv series we're watching to try and catch up.

Then I finally started in on the tidying. I still have to finish the bedroom which includes hanging up the load of laundry I managed to start while dgs was here. Then I might go to bed because I'm very tired.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:26 pm

Oh dear, LadyM, feel better!

(blessed) I have thought of you through the day. Lynlee has said all the right things. Listen to her an extra time for me.

Kathryn, that makes sense - can't you just take this new baby sister with you as you go?

Nancy, that's great you could show dgd how you weave.

Ramblin', hoping the dr's appt held no surprises unless good ones.

Harmony, the short answer is peas. The long answer includes oils that contribute to the particular texture, but are, of course, not the best choice. Also it is an isolate of pea protein, so if you had a veggie burger you purchased at grocery and could see the whole veggie bits in it as you can with some, that would really be better for you. But the point of the "Impossible" one, the "Beyond" one and others like them is the attempt to formulate a meal with taste and texture as close to what we think of as a "burger" as possible. If that's the criteria, Beyond does it quite well.

My office work was appreciated and I was thanked.

Dd and I went out to WMart this evening, mostly for groceries, trying to find a few items absent from shelves nearer here. It was partially successful. Cold and windy.

HRH thinks maybe the change in meds is helping.

He has a friend who wants to come by in the morning.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:39 pm

Harriet: thanks for the education in these new burgers. We have Beyond Burgers at A&W here (can't remember if that is a US chain as well.)

I've not moved from the keyboard since I last posted. Which means the bedroom still needs work. I was responding to 3 emails from friends that came in on BabyJ's birthday. I must be tired because I signed one of the email "Ken". Thankfully, I caught it during proof reading.

So I'm off to do the bedroom and get into bed. Dh is watching a movie.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:53 pm

Pea and oil burger. Why does this not sound appetizing? :lol:

Kathryn, LOL, ok I'm done with this baby getting all the attention, take her with you!

(Blessed) you can take some comfort in knowing you did everything possible, and DDoggie had the nicest life possible with you.

Oooh LadyM feel better. Hope this is short-lived.

My year-in-a-folder is all ready to go to CPA, unless I wait for the bank notice and the church and the SS reports. But all the business stuff is done and filed.

Curious, because I worked so hard at all this I looked back here to see when I got it all finished for 2017. January 9th to get to this point. Have no idea how I got it done a day quicker. I don't remember working this hard any year like this one. Sure won't miss all this someday.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:06 pm

thank you all. dh, dd younger are devastated as I am. dd older said we did all we could do. She is sad.
I wish I could have kept this one for a life time!

much love to all of you!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”