Make Thursday What You Need

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Make Thursday What You Need

Postby Nancy » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:20 pm

I am taking it easy... then phone rang dgd is on her way. I need to get broth out of the freezer to go in the crock pot. Laundry is current. Working on the a m stuff.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:52 pm

Good morning everyone! I did not have to go to the animal org meeting last night. I did return the item to the hardware store, then used the extra time for kitten socialization. It is clear these are nocturnal animals given that they are easy to medicate in the morning when they are still half asleep and not so easy in the evening. This is day 3 of 10. I got only a small amount of overdue Christmas crochet done, but it was an unclear part, so it is good progress. Gotta get that done! Then, I actually went to bed at a reasonable hour.

The evaluator at school asked me if DD16 knew how to make change. I had to confess I didn't know. The x only allows her to have $20, but she can't actually spend it without catching heck from him. When she is with me, I write a check and the x pays me from her account. Her "account" is really just a record on a spreadsheet rather than a separate account. I am not sure if she will ever see any of the birthday, Christmas, and allowance money he is "keeping for her". The cash she gets from my parents, she keeps at my house, hidden and hoarded.

At payroll, there is a periodic appearance of a real stink! We are talking elephant farts here. In fact, it is coming up now. Dang! That's awful! Tonight, I have DD. It will likely be dinner and homework.

Harmony: Could your phone number be linked to someone else's in the pharmacy system? Mine was linked to my x at a pet food store. Every time I made a change to my account, his was affected and vice versa. (Particularly annoying when employees kept calling me by the other woman's name). FINALLY, I think it has been fixed. They simply removed my phone from the system altogether and I had to re-register.

Ramblinrose: In my case, UT refers to The University of Texas at Austin, where I did my graduate work. I did my undergrad at Auburn and that is the school that has my loyalty. (After UT doubled grad student tuition so they could "give scholarships to good students", i.e. not us, they lost our loyalty. Most of us said "you have us over a barrel and we are stuck, but this is the last money you ever get from us.")

ETA: Just got an email that the animal org just got a $1200 contribution! I'll be writing another thank you letter tonight.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:37 pm

Little family is back together. Dgs slept an hour and was having lunch when the taxi arrived.

Dsil grabbed some of the food I brought for himself. Dd had something at the hospital.

Dsil and dgs are at the grocery store now. Dh has been very rocking dgd for over an hour. With the house quiet, I put dd down for a nap.

Dh is magic with dgd, it makes me tear up to see him. Or even to write dgd. I had to think hard about how to write the acronym!

Dh just whispered that the quiet is about to end. Dgs is coming up the driveway.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:49 pm

Kathryn, what a sweet visual of dh and dgd together.

I had body work and gave myself a nice walk through Tar-jay, then visited dmom. I'm having lunch now (leftover chicken parm and black bean spaghetti.)

I need to do some work here at home. Starting now, and I will work to BOTH and be back. Anyone going along with me? :lol:
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:58 pm

Already been out and about because HRH got a notification that Show mar's (one word name of a reasonable-price restaurant chain with some Greek style choices) got the nod from Beyond Burger and has it offered in our area at $7.99. Something he's been listening for. He had already heard Sho wmar's had met Beyond's requirements for training and sanitation. It was just a waiting game to see if our area locations would have it.

Needless to say, we had a great lunch. Rather filling. (TGI Fridays has it but we don't pay $13.49 for a burger, plus they consider it a cheeseburger using their own cheese (nothing to do with Beyond) and don't lower the price without cheese.) A week ago, some areas of the country got them at Carl Jrs for less (none near me). Conversation with manager at Show mar's was pleasant - he says they're turning into a big seller, especially since Sho wmar's also has the rights to offer it as a pita sandwich for a larger meal at same price.

Last evening dd and I did get to the pharmacy, so that was done, finally.

Today is office-type work for me of all kinds.
Dee, I also have correspondence cards to get out.
Also cleaning of master bath.

(For which I am now following Twins' Mom! to at least BOTH.)

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:34 pm

Now bathroom Focus cleaning is done for the day.

I may erase some additional footprints that seem to have gotten away from me in the LR.

Next up office from BOTH to TOTH, although I doubt I'll be finished... ...

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:41 pm

Hi! I'm for sure doing what I need, definitely not what I want.

Major bulk of spreadsheets done. I believe I have 2 smaller ones to do then that's it. Made the mistake of showing the end project to DH who sits and looks in disbelief and tries to figure out why I don't have a figure of a million dollars profit for all his work all year. Back and forth with questions and explanations until a sheet goes missing and I'm full of panic..... it flew into another folder I could have sworn I went through several times looking.... and it wasn't found until I printed out another...

This is getting to be too much for me. For sure for sure.

In between all that I helped DH in the shop as he replaced the hinges on the tailgate (broken and bent yesterday). Finally, after fixing this 4 times, he welded another piece onto the gate so it can't get wrapped around the hitch fittings and break the hinges hopefully ever again.

Not much fun today. But I'm getting there. Soon this will be over and I'll take a day off to do something fun. Maybe after I get the Christmas decorations down.

What is that food, Harriet, a veggie burger?
Looked at LadyM's recipes and they look really really good - except for all the cheese. Drat!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:48 pm

BOTH, good thing I was watching the clock because I had set it for wrong time. I'm trying to decide what to do next, whether to do what I want to do or need to do. Like Dee and Harriet, I need to write some sympathy notes and a thank you note. My list of things to do before I go away is growing too.

I think I am going to do what I want to do. In an hour I will need to walk the ddog and walk some myself - I'm at 5400 steps. I don't know what time dh will be home but we are going to out to eat. I'm relieved not to be cooking, but need to go somewhere friendly to my way of eating.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:31 pm

After lunch, I didn't feel good but wanted to go to the Y. I took my temperature and it was up a tiny bit 98.9 so I pushed myself to go. I had to push myself through all the workouts. When I got finished I was frustrated because normally I am energized by the workout. Today I was drained and felt like I was walking through 3' of mud. It took an effort to take each step. When I arrive home I took my temp again and found the problem. My temperature has gone up 1.5 degrees. I am canceling the activities on the schedule for the rest of the day.

I have heard there is a stomach bug going around. I have a headache, a runny nose, my ears are popping AND I am feeling nausea. ARGH! I am supposed to take DMom to her doctor appointment tomorrow. I can't be around DMom while I'm running a fever. I've text DBro and DSis asking if they can take DMom tomorrow.

DH is home tonight so I am putting him in charge of DS10 and DGD7. I'm going to bed.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:29 pm

Thursday in brief
yes the list happened, and was useful.
dishes got washed
Went to an appointment, then to town and changed library books. Didn't get sucked into any shops.
Wrote cards/letters to bro/sil, and niece. at last.
walked to post them. I counted walking to and fro appointment to make up the distance.
outside - pulled up the singapore daisy and suculent whatever from near the jungle fence. That neighbour has the singapore daisy so I will need to keep a watch on that creeping back thru the fence.

Friday.
tmeds
continued reading a lib book until it was time to get up.
breakfast has happened.

Its time to get my day on the road.
making a list and checking it twice.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Return to “Post When You Can”