Find Your Fit Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Find Your Fit Friday

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:22 pm

((((Blessed & family)))) Always so hard losing a beloved pet!

He replied back, "Nana and Buppa go. Take Baby J."
:lol: I love all those little quotes from our little ones!

I've been working since 10:30am on the Treasurer's report from up home. Just taking a short break to finish up the last of the typos. Dh helped me proof read and I'm having difficulty figuring out one of them. Once that's done, I'll send the report off to the treasurer so he can make sure it's all okay.

Dh/dsonil just left to go to L owe's. Guess I'll finish up this report and be done. Then maybe I can shut my eyes for a few. They're going bonkers! This report has over 4 pages of numbers.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:40 pm

hello d dee yay on your work! and thank your for your sympathies! this dog was a smart special one. I really miss her.

hello d nancy wow that is early to chat! yay on getting your morning things done

hello d harmony I hope you feel better!!! (((hoping things can be eased off your mind and give you peace)))

have fun d lucy!!!

hello d kathryn - so happy you have sunshine! enjoy lunch

hello d sunny! thank you sweet sunny! so happy you have lovely weather! enjoy your cleaning day!

hello d elizabeth have fun at belly dance class! glad they are feeling better!
yay on your do it now success!

hello d twins hope you find your fit bit.

hello d harriet - i love a good black bean burger!!!

hello to anyone that has been here and I can't see. wishing you all a wonderful day!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:47 pm

Definitely feel your pain, Blessed.

I actually did take about a 1/2 hour break for lunch. Now it's all formatted and sent off for the Treasurer to look at. Fingers crossed. This is my most difficult report. Have 3 more to go then I can send it up to be copied. Has to go by Tuesday. Know the auditing committee is meeting Monday night so will be at least Tuesday before I get that report. Have our financial secretary's report and the Memorial Committee's reports still out. Here's hoping they come soon with no coaxing from me. The Memorial one is inevitably late, late, late.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:58 pm

((((Blessedw2))))

I have been in bed all day. I am continuing to run a 2-3 degrees of fever. I am focusing on drinking and resting.

DMom was taken to her doctor appointment today by her neighbor. This is neighbor that has lived next door to DMom for 70ish years. We consider them almost family.

I feel like cr*p and don't have good mental focus. Hopefully this bug /virus will go away soon. I have been binge watching Wild at heart to pass the time.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:49 pm

LadyM, I am so sorry you're ill! Running a fever really makes one feel sick, too.

I got dh off this a.m. and the cleaning lady did her magic and I have had a bad case of the donnwannas since. I've been piddling at genealogy writing and eating. :lol:
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:58 pm

Dson called needed a ride back home from the tire store. Had a gooid visit on the way back. To drop him off at home, then the dogs had a play date. Dil is back to work she came home for lunch got to see her also. Was a lovely sunny day 49* today's forecast hi temp.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:31 pm

((LadyM)) What good news that neighbor could do this for her. Also good news that at least you had this come upon you yesterday, instead of today when already on the way or something.

Dee, I'm not surprised to see that you and I are working on similar paperwork at the same time. That time of year. I'm waiting for a call I was promised yesterday. I got a financial spreadsheet and another overview emailed to just one person, who was to attend meeting (that had been postponed until then) and present all this plus other things. NEED a call to let me know any and all decisions made on that, so that I can know what to change before making all the copies.

HRH is saying I shouldn't use our ink and paper but go to a printer. Problem is, it's now 4:30 p.m. on Friday and I've already missed this day at printer. It would be so tight tomorrow to get it all done out of the house, and so just easier to print here. HRH says just tell everyone I wasn't given enough time, and don't hand out any papers at all. But he doesn't realize that makes my life harder, not easier, and I am obligated to call "foul" if I don't believe everyone gets the appropriate info in enough time to digest it before meeting.

Finding a personal fit for keeping track of dailies/weeklies etc. at my house may be getting pretty close. I have rotations of cleaning-areas and decluttering-areas and laundry covered, I think. Definitely the card file, usually bubble-in cards and timer. For the first year in a long time I'm not even bothering to start a planner. They always go by the wayside, it seems, making me feel guilty and wasteful. HRH has a different method now for med calendaring and I have given that over to him. I do have a 3-ring for the year as far as 8x11.5s I'll need, plus sleeves for originals if necessary. An ideal situation is when an original can simply be copied through the transparent sleeve.

Didn't put the title and a fit-bit search together in my brain until Kathryn mentioned it!

But as far as being fit, I am one who's searching for previous/recent fitness level I had, saying, "it was JUST here; I'm sure I just saw it" :lol: But that is another post in another place.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:28 pm

Harriet: Our Staples does 24 hour printing (as in, they work 24/7) so we often submit a job electronically in late afternoon or evening and pick up the next day. Even on weekends. Think of it as giving the poor person who has to work the overnight shift something to do to make the shift go by faster....

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:42 pm

I'm home after basically taking the day off. Slow morning with only home bang cut as an accomplishment. Made the return to Lee Valley and immediately spent almost all the money on a scrubbing cloth for the floor (to go under my spin mop.)

Had a lazy afternoon at IKEA. A slow lunch, surfing the net. A bit of texting with dd and dh, then wandering the children's area (and texting with MF who needs me to cover a February Sunday for him so I'm preaching again.) Finally I wandered through the marketplace area and bought a lot of containers for drawer organization. Just $25 worth but for me that is a lot to spend when I've been saving random boxes that should work as well but not as neatly. I remembered the candles I went for in the first place! And bought dgdJ0 a tiny stuffy since I bought dgsM2 his beloved Klara when he was an infant.

On the way home, I took the car through the car wash.

Texted dh. Didn't hear back. There was a huge bus crash at our station (a double-decker bus drove into the station itself, jumping the curb and crashing into the glass enclosure over the platform.)

By the time I was home, I had been listening to the coverage of it and started to worry. In my head, I was sure dh would have been home hours earlier but I have been drifting through today with no sense of time.

By the time I got to the elevator, I decided I couldn't wait until I got upstairs and pulled out my phone. He had texted me back, my phone just hadn't chimed and it didn't come through on the radio of the car as it should (perhaps the fact that I was IN a car wash caused issues!)

The crash happened 10 minutes after dh left the station. He had ridden home in the top front seat of his double-decker bus. As he took the seat, he thought to himself, "If there's a crash, I'll be dead."

There are tarps out at the crash sight and 2 of the 4 top front seats are buried in the station structure, the whole front of the bus is sheered off. So dh is right, he likely would have been dead. There are photos of ladders up to the upper deck, so I'm guessing the stairs were damaged as well.

I've let the kids know we're safe.

Dh is getting dinner into the oven now. Just shake and bake. Easy.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:35 pm

Walked the dog in the field a short ways, h took her down to the field as well.

Return to “Post When You Can”