Find Your Fit Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Find Your Fit Friday

Postby Harriet » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:38 am

The title's intention was about finding our own "right fit" for our planning, scheduling, and methods of taking care of house and home.

Do you see any new 2019 record-keeping or rotation method has been working well, or are you considering changes?

But it does occur to me this could be a healthy theme, too, lol. As in, "I'm sure I had that fitness level. Where did I leave that lying around, anyway?"

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Find Your Fit Friday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:57 am

My immediate thought on seeing the title was health!

Or Twins trying to find her fitbit!!!!

I think I'm looking for my rhythm. It felt like the days leading up to BabyJ's arrival were productive. Then, of course, everything ground to a halt. Now I need to start that machine back up again.

I was up too late but slept in. Something I couldn't do when dgs was here (he was up each day here at 5:50 and I awoke at 5:50 today but went right back to sleep in dh's arms, getting up at 8:30. He snuck out earlier than that.

I've done tea, chocolate and light therapy (which I couldn't do when dgs was here.) And the bed is made but I still have to finish tidying the room and get s2s. And eat breakfast. And come up with a plan for the day (I'd like to go to IKEA for lunch since I need tea-light candles and have a return in that area.) It is bitterly cold today so going out really shouldn't happen, especially since there's so much to do here.

Oh well, I need to make the most of the day in case dd needs me to help her with dgs. Dsil is home but he will get tired eventually from taking care of dgs, and dgd since he's doing everything but feeding the baby (but he does have to keep dd fed and watered.)

I need to think about better acronyms for my grand kids now that there's one of each, I can envision there being 2 of one in the future. Plus it will be helpful for your guys to have a clue of age (especially newer members who may not have been around when the kids were born.)

I guess dgs will be renamed dgsM2 (relationship, name, age) and baby J will become dgdJ0. I'll try that for a few days and see how it works.

Dd reports that dgsM2 (that's a lot of characters!) is attempting to climb into/onto everywhere dgdJ0 is, saying "J, J, J!" At least he isn't suggesting we put her in a bin (which he did yesterday but he said, "put the baby into the bin." and his dad and I were working hard to understand which baby (at that point he was still forgetting J's name.) Once we realized he didn't mean the baby doll at my house or his baby doll which he calls Baby, we had a good laugh.

In fact it wasn't too out-there a suggestion, here with the first pregnancy, mom's receive a Baby Box which is an infant-safe place to put the baby. They just give one out automatically, trying to make sure little infants have a safe sleep space since some families have no money for an extra safe place (and may put the baby down on the carpet or a chair) and others have too much and may be tempted to buy an unsafe sleep space with lots of fancy linens and frills that could contribute to SIDS. The box is safe with a properly fitted mattress and sheet. It comes with a lid and full of other free samples of supplies and can be used as a toy box after it is outgrown. So maybe M was referring to that as a bin when he suggested we put the baby in a bin.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:58 am

Journaling. X
3rd x
Hbh working on this x
Mop floors x
Bathrooms x
Stat bike underway now half done yea! X
S2s x
Thinking of a meal plan for dinner.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:47 pm

Good morning everyone! I assumed "Fit" referred to fitness too. Today is belly dance class, so I would fit in! However, looking at all the snow, there may not be many students. For me, it is on the way home, so I may as well stop in. DD16 did indeed have homework, but it only took 30 minutes. During that time she held foster kitten Pokey. I paid attention to Briggs so he would not try to dislodge P from the lap and he purred loudly. In response, Pokey purred! That is only the 2nd time that has happened. Both times were when he could see Briggs enjoying attention, so we will have to set that up to occur frequently. (Poor Briggs. It's a rough life being a demo cat :lol: ). After dinner, we crocheted with Hogan and the kittens. They are feeling better, but NOT going to the adoption clinic Saturday.

I didn't get much done on my list except daily stuff. But I did have a good "do it now" success. On the way home from dropping off DD, I reminded myself to put new wiper blades on my list. Then I realized I had just passed the place I buy them! Turned around, got them and installed them. The drive home improved noticeably.

My high priority tasks at home are: minutes for animal org, call doctor with some info, animal org thank you, find DD paperwork, and car payment.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:30 pm

A quick check-in to say hello! I have gone back to cuop yesterday's posts.

(((Blessedw2))), I was sorry to read you have lost your sweet girl. ((Hugs)) for you and dfamily.

(((Lady M))), I hope you are feeling better today, that the virus doesn't last long.

Kathryn, I can just see your dh cuddling with dgdJ0! I have pictures of my dh sitting in the rocker with each one of our dgkids when they were little. Most of the time they were both napping!

Harriet, I have never had a veggie burger. Just the thoughts of one made with peas does not sound appetizing. :)

Weather here has been pleasant. No rain, but the last few days have been in the 60*s and cooler at night.

Today is weekly cleaning day. But first it is lunchtime....
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:31 pm

S2s, including shaving, bangs trimmed and hair dried.

Dh went to a movie by bus so I could have the car to go to IKEA for lunch. So I need to find the receipt for my return and then head off now.

I'll look for my fit later (but I might bring my bullet journal and open it up!)

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:47 pm

I'm at lunch now. I've decided to try and collect smiles today. The sunshine is glorious even if you do freeze walking from car to store so it is easy to smile today.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:52 pm

On our way to College Town — basketball game.
Tomorrow is another day.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:53 pm

I'm taking a break from doing nothing. :lol:

Cold today, in the 40's and we've managed to get the house up to 73 inside. I don't know if it's the cold inside or just that I didn't sleep well, but I'm not feeling great. No specific symptoms except tummy is a bit unsettled. I did sleep for a while in my chair, rocked myself right to sleep.

I had a worry on my mind last night and it kept waking me up. I'm still thinking a lot about it.

Think I'll go quit all this busyness and go sit down again. :roll:

Have a nice trip, Lucylee!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:12 pm

Had a call pretty aerly this morning a gal wanted to chat at 8 I was still doing my morning stuff was glad my phone died and had to be charged. Got the rest of my morning stuff done. Yea!

Return to “Post When You Can”