Grateful Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Grateful Saturday

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:52 pm

I wrote five (count em) notes and have them addressed and stamped. I'll go see dmom now, and drop them at the post office, and call myself free except for finishing up packing. I have everything laid out with the suitcase ready to go.

We are only expecting rain out of this storm, but I don't know if dMuff will get a walk. Have to see when I get back. I have 5K steps from going to and fro so can finish on treadmill.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:57 pm

Okay. Gym bags list made and printed. I have a wet bag list that contains the 8 items that I use in the swim pool, spa, sauna & shower. And a dry bag list (12 items) that contains everything else. Writing the items helped me think through and group into pockets according to when I use the various items.

I am listening to DS10 and a cousin talking while they are playing together on Fortnite. This is a double plus in the pro side for my love/hate feeling for this game. Plus #1 = During rainy days like today when I don't have the uphhhhh to parent well, I use this digital babysitter. Plus #2 - DS10 and his cousin strengthen their relationship as they spend time talking and working together while they are developing their game strategy.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:25 pm

good morning from Sunday.

Saturday
went to see bohemian rhapsody. Giving it a plug for the many songs remembered over a lot of years.
I really could stand to watch it again, I think.
slow walk home inc around a couple of shops, so counted that as 3k or there abouts with all the meanderings.
I may be deluding myself there, but I got home an hr after I left the cinema, so counting it anyway.
Pulled some weeds by the house. There is a legume with hideous Velcro seedpods I'm digging it as I find bits that are left.

Sunday

woke - guessing about 3. finished a novel after I gave up on sleeping and took tmeds.
breakfast is eaten. I want to dress and get to readings and response before I leave in about an hour to catch bus to church. I might catch the bus to the coast after that.

Must rush as time has ticked by as I type this.

sending love and hugs
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:05 pm

I really enjoyed it the movie you went to d lynlee
I was surprised.

hello all.

roads are really slippery. dd should be here soon so we can go to the apple store.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:33 pm

I also enjoyed Bohemian Rhapsody, especially the music.

I went to visit dmom - she is anxious about something and kept talking about finding a place to rent. :shock: I wish I could set her mind at ease but it's just not computing that she doesn't need to move or find a place to live. They have increased the anxiety meds but I think I'll ck in with the Hospice nurse on Monday for her. I took Muffin for a walk in the rain. I may not take the time to walk her in the morning - will still be dark and she may not get out of bed, so I wanted to walk her.

I checked in for my flight and printed boarding passes and paid for my checked bag.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:54 pm

Back from lunch date w hubby. He got a few things at the W store. I Walked the dog around the parking lot.
I went to Joanns but they did not have the items in stock that I was thinking about getting.
Walked the dog around the block when we got home.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:05 pm

I'm grateful dh and I work so well together. We Konmari'd most of the kitchen. While I was doing the bulk spices he was checking the pantry food for expiry dates. I had grabbed some spices from an apartment being closed down and mentioned we don't use chili powder. Dh said to keep it because there was a can of kidney beans about to expire and I could make chili for the first time. So I did.

A lot of items have moved so it will take some adjusting but all the baking things are together now so less walking back and forth. And all of the Tupperware is in the same place now.

I still have a cabinet and 6 drawers to do but they should go quickly. Then I will do the dishes, another likely quick task. At that point the kitchen things will be done. There is still an miscellany cupboard and 2 drawers but those items are mostly office supplies so will be done with the office stuff.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:09 pm

I sorted my SHE cards in a different pattern and now they seem "new and interesting" and my motivation is renewed. There is a part of me that knows this is not logical. They are the same cards just presented in a different way. OH well! Whatever works!
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:25 pm

Good luck with the new pattern of SHE cards. A change is as good as a rest!

We're back from the pub. On the way there we walked around a longer way because we weren't sure that bus station was open for us to walk through. It is bitterly cold out (below 0*F) so backtracking would have been an unhappy occurrence. Sure enough there was police tape at the path we would have come from.

On the way home, we picked up milk at the gas station across the street from the pub since there's no path from the grocery store to the only open sidewalk. When we got to the bus station, the tape was down so we could walk through. We stopped to look at the damage to bus platform. Virtually none. It looks like the corner of the rain overhang caught the bus and must have peeled it back because there's just a bit of a dent on the overhang. That's it. The whole front of the bus was missing, but there's only a dent in the overhang. That's reason enough for me to stay off those buses, apparently there is nothing protecting the passenger compartment.

I have to decide if I'm going to finish up the kitchen tonight or not. I'm awfully tired so may leave it for morning. Dh wants to watch a movie so I may go to bed on my own.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:50 pm

I have straightened things back up here and I had my supper. Bag is nearly packed - I put my CPAP into the checked bag with clothes packed all around to cushion it, so I can't do that until the morning. I've had meds, ddog has had meds.

I have a list going for the morning. Things to do, things to pack. I am not going to s2s - will wash up, brush teeth and out the door. No reports of travel difficulties today but my flight is at 8 a.m. and I should get there on the early side, in case of difficulties.

Return to “Post When You Can”